• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Microwave Big Enough for the Deep Covered Baker?

In summary, the Deep Covered Baker requires a minimum inside measurement of 13 1/2 inches to fit in the microwave, and if turning manually, 13 inches will suffice. If the microwave is too small, the Round Covered Baker can be used instead. It is recommended to have a backup plan in case the Deep Covered Baker cannot be used. The microwave should also have a minimum inside height of 8 1/2 inches. As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is suggested to measure the dimensions of the baker and compare it to the microwave before the show, and alternative cooking methods can also be suggested if needed.
chefnene
Does anyone know how big a microwave has to be to
fit the Deep Covered Baker?

I have a show coming up and the host said her microwave is very small. I am worred that the Deep Covered Baker will not fit.

The inside measurement of the oven needs to be at the bare minimum 13 1/2 inches as the DCB needs that to clear sides if on turntable, if you are turning manually 13 inches will just be enough. I have run into this problem before. I used the round covered baker instead and adjusted accordingly. Good Luck

I have done shows w/ dcb in very small microwaves - I recommend being prepared to punt. By that I mean switch to rcb & do half recipe (x2 if it is large party -make one during prep & one during show) or have a back up recipe that does not use the dcb. As long as the microwave will fit the dcb length wise it works fine, remove the turntable, cover mechanism w/ something (small plate, etc) & turn manually 1 to 4 times depending on what you are making (you can give your host that duty). I have not had to change my plan, but I have had to do the manual thing several times -some times cooking time is a little longer doing it this way.

It should also be at least 8½" in height on the inside.

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I can assure you that the Deep Covered Baker is designed to fit in most standard-sized microwaves. However, if you are concerned about the size of the host's microwave, you can always measure the dimensions of the baker and compare it to the measurements of the microwave. This will give you a better idea of whether or not it will fit. Additionally, you can always suggest alternative cooking methods for the recipes that require the Deep Covered Baker, such as using the oven or stovetop. I hope this helps and good luck with your show!

1. Will the Deep Covered Baker fit in my standard size microwave?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is designed to fit in most standard size microwaves. However, it is always recommended to measure the interior of your microwave to ensure that it will accommodate the dimensions of the Deep Covered Baker (11" x 8.5" x 5.5").

2. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker in a smaller or larger microwave?

The Deep Covered Baker is designed to fit in most standard size microwaves, but it can also be used in smaller or larger microwaves as long as the interior is large enough to fit the dimensions of the baker. Keep in mind that using a smaller or larger microwave may affect the cooking time and results.

3. Is it safe to use the Deep Covered Baker in the microwave?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is safe to use in the microwave. It is made of stoneware that is specifically designed to withstand high heat and is microwave-safe. However, it is always recommended to follow the instructions and guidelines provided by the manufacturer for safe usage.

4. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker in the oven instead of the microwave?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker can be used in the oven as well. It is oven-safe up to 450°F. Just make sure to follow the instructions for preheating and cooking time provided by the manufacturer for best results.

5. How much food can the Deep Covered Baker hold?

The Deep Covered Baker has a capacity of 12 cups or 3 quarts, making it perfect for cooking large quantities of food such as casseroles, roasts, and even whole chickens. You can also use it to reheat leftovers in the microwave or oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefDi
  • karenwisn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
morgieloo88
Replies