• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seasoning a Deep Dish Stone: Baking Lava Cake or Chicken?

In summary, Alanna is using her DDCB to bake a ham. She recommends using recipe suggestions and does not need to spray it with cooking oil. Debbie Atwood is the mother of 1-year-old twins and she agrees that bacon is "meat candy."
Alanna1
Just received my Covered Deep dish baker in the mail. What could I bake in there that would start to season this stone. I would like to make the lava cake for my family before my 1st party in 2 weeks. Shoiuld I maybe do Chicken instead to start to season this stone ? Thanks- Alanna:love:

If you want an easy meal for your family, I would start with the Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco. You can cook the chicken in it first (about 10 min, then check temp) then start the recipe. This is the recipe that I made my entire first month with PC because I already had the DCB before starting my biz.

I find that you really don't need to season this stone when you are doing a lot of microwave recipes. When doing a cake recipe, I just spritz it with a little oil first and it's always just fine. Just go for it, you'll be fine. :DFor recipe ideas, we have lots of recipes in the files section. There's also a Facebook group called I <3 My Deep Covered Baker. You'll find oodles and oodles of ideas there, too.

Thank you so very much! Alanna

My Director always suggests the 30 minute chicken in the microwave for the first recipe in a DCB. You can find more information under theme shows in CC.

Thank you Kayte. Alanna

Has anyone seen recipes for the New Round Covered Baker?

babywings76 said:
I find that you really don't need to season this stone when you are doing a lot of microwave recipes. When doing a cake recipe, I just spritz it with a little oil first and it's always just fine. Just go for it, you'll be fine. :DFor recipe ideas, we have lots of recipes in the files section. There's also a Facebook group called I <3 My Deep Covered Baker. You'll find oodles and oodles of ideas there, too.
I am using my DDCB for the first time today to bake a ham. Recipe suggestions? And do I need to spray it with cooking spray? I've heard that that will leave a sticky residue?

Debbie Atwood said:
I am using my DDCB for the first time today to bake a ham. Recipe suggestions? And do I need to spray it with cooking spray? I've heard that that will leave a sticky residue?
Never use cooking spray. (This is a little late, but better late than never.) It will almost certainly leave a residue. You can spread a little oil in it if you're concerned about sticking, but I find that sticking is rarely an issue in the DCB.BTW, your name gave me pause. One of our "kids" is Debbie Atwood. She married a young man who we love like a son. He's a pastor in Ohio; they're the parents of 1-year-old twins. Oh, and I completely agree with the quote in your avatar--bacon is definitely meat candy.

1. How do I season my deep dish stone before using it for the first time?

Before using your deep dish stone for the first time, you will need to season it. To do this, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, use a paper towel to rub a small amount of vegetable oil all over the surface of the stone. Place the stone in the oven for 15 minutes, then remove and let it cool completely before using it.

2. Can I use my deep dish stone for both sweet and savory dishes?

Yes, you can use your deep dish stone for both sweet and savory dishes. Just be sure to clean it thoroughly between uses to avoid any flavor transfer. You may also want to designate one stone for sweet dishes and another for savory dishes if you plan on using it frequently.

3. How do I clean my deep dish stone after using it for baking lava cake or chicken?

To clean your deep dish stone after using it for baking lava cake or chicken, let it cool completely. Then, use a non-abrasive brush or scraper to remove any food particles. Do not use soap or detergent, as this can seep into the pores of the stone and affect the flavor of your future dishes. Rinse the stone with warm water and let it air dry before storing.

4. Can I use my deep dish stone on the stovetop or grill?

No, deep dish stones are not suitable for use on stovetops or grills. They are designed to be used in the oven only. Using it on other heat sources can cause the stone to crack or break.

5. How do I prevent my deep dish stone from cracking or breaking?

To prevent your deep dish stone from cracking or breaking, always preheat it in the oven before adding food. Avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing a cold stone in a hot oven or pouring cold water on a hot stone. Also, do not use metal utensils on the stone, as they can cause scratches or nicks that can lead to cracks over time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • mrpampchefdoug