• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Did My Deep Covered Baker Recipe Take Longer to Cook?

In summary, the chicken and pork tenderloins didn't cook as the recipe said they would and the thermometer was a great tool to have to check for doneness.
camiesu
I have tried both 30 minute chicken and pork tenderloin and neither if them were done at time recipe said still raw inside in some parts. Glad i did at home and not at a show. Any suggestions as to what happened and has anyone tried these

did you do cover on or off? if off try leaving it on. You Micro may be a lower wattage. try adding 5 minutes. The thermometer is a great tool to have with this for these reasons. I know if your tenderloin is larger than the recipe calls for it will take longer.

Mine cooked faster! I do want to get that new thermometer, because who knows what hosts microwaves are like. ;)

Does your microwave have a turntable? If not, then you need to give the DCB a quarter turn every 10 minutes for the chicken.

I don't do the pork, so I can't say about that.

Also, did you make sure the size of the chicken and pork were the same as called for in the recipe? I know the pork tenderloins found in the store around here are often more than one pound, and that affects the cooking time too.

Also, there's pork loin and pork tenderloin. I bought the wrong thing once and wondered why it took forever to cook only to realize my mistake. :D

Just got some pork shoulder at a great price, has anyone ever tried this in the dcb?

The 10m for the pork tenderloin is for medium well....which I don't get...but it is listed in the recipe as such. My micro is over the stove, 1000W and it takes 12m for the tenderloin....I always state 12m for the tenderloin.

The chicken, according to test kitchens, will cook in 30m if made without the lid. If you wish to use the lid, then it requires an additional 15m.

Hope that helps.

thanks all i did have lid on and didn't know it was medium well i will try agian. also i didn't look at the pounds either thanks again

scavallero said:
Just got some pork shoulder at a great price, has anyone ever tried this in the dcb?

Oohh....I make this in my crock pot (hey, it's 6 quarts!) all the time. I use a rub and a Carolina-style sauce that I make. It's easy, but it takes forever (including overnight). It's definitely a "low and slow" cut of meat. I am not sure how that would work in the DCB, but I would love to hear about it if you try.

scavallero said:

Pork shoulder needs to be cooked low and slow, so do it in the oven for sure. It will not be good in the micro.

Well I decided to try the pork shoulder in the oven in the dcb. I dried the meat and rubbed it with bbq rub added some salt and pepper and a few other spices from the cupboard. Then added some ketchup, and homemade vinegar and a little bbq sauce I had leftover in the refridge. chopped 1/2 large onion and pressed 2 cloves of garlic on top. microwaved the dcb for 11 min to get it started and then Popped it in the oven at 350 for 1 hour and 300 for the second hour. When I pulled it out it was very tender and pulled the pieces apart with 2 forks. My family loved it! We scooped it onto small rolls for pulled pork sandwiches. Delicious! Clean up was so easy with the kitchen scrub brush. I will definetely make this again at 99 cents a pound.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
The 10m for the pork tenderloin is for medium well....which I don't get...

It's medium-well when you take it out of the micro, but continues to cook as it sits. If you cook it until it's well done, you'll have sawdust by dinnertime.:eek:

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
The 10m for the pork tenderloin is for medium well....which I don't get...but it is listed in the recipe as such. My micro is over the stove, 1000W and it takes 12m for the tenderloin....I always state 12m for the tenderloin.

The chicken, according to test kitchens, will cook in 30m if made without the lid. If you wish to use the lid, then it requires an additional 15m.

Hope that helps.

They say it takes longer with the lid on? That does not make sense to me?

I've made the 30 Minute Chicken several times at home, with the lid on, and it comes out perfect. I made it once at a Host's house, and her turntable didn't work, so we had to manually turn the DCB every few minutes. Even with that it took longer to cook. It really does sound to me like it might be your microwave (lower wattage), and/or a bigger chicken or tenderloin than called for in the recipe.

Remember, though, to let the meat 'rest' in the DCB for a few minutes before cutting. This is actually true of any roasted meat, no matter how it's prepared.

What is the Deep Covered Baker made of?

The Deep Covered Baker is made of a stoneware material that is designed to evenly distribute heat for perfect cooking results.

How do I clean the Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker is dishwasher safe for easy clean up. However, if hand washing, it is recommended to use warm soapy water and a nylon brush.

What is the maximum temperature the Deep Covered Baker can withstand?

The Deep Covered Baker can withstand temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, making it safe for use in both conventional and convection ovens.

Can I use the Deep Covered Baker on the stove top?

No, the Deep Covered Baker is not safe for use on the stove top. It is designed for use in the oven only.

Can I use metal utensils in the Deep Covered Baker?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils in the Deep Covered Baker as they may scratch or damage the stoneware surface. It is best to use nylon, silicone, or wooden utensils.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • PCSarahjm
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • ChefJessica95765