• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Way to Use the Deep Covered Baker?

In summary, the Mini Baker can be used to prepare chicken fajitas. The tortillas can be warmed in the oven or in the microwave. The ingredients needed are bell peppers, onion, chicken breasts, southwestern seasoning mix, and flour tortillas. The tortillas can be filled with guacamole, salsa, sour cream, and shredded cheese.
Symara
Gold Member
My director asked me to do a short training segment on the dcb. Any suggestions on what I should concentrate on? or what format to use? I'm not going to be cooking as far as I know.;)

Phrases "It's the new fast food . . . " (Mexican Chicken Lasagna can be prepped the night before and microwaved the next day. Penne pasta al fresco, 30 minute chicken etc)

Then compare cost of baker to one meal out for a family of 4 at an average restarant (Applebees etc)

Thanks... anyone else have any suggestions, that I can suggest, to all the consultants at the meeting?

I like comparing the cost of the DCB to the cost of a family meal out! Great one liner! Maybe tips on working w/ a whole chicken.?. I've been surprised at how many people have never used a whole chicken before.

JMT said:
I like comparing the cost of the DCB to the cost of a family meal out! Great one liner! Maybe tips on working w/ a whole chicken.?. I've been surprised at how many people have never used a whole chicken before.

i had a couple times in my crockpot, but was very pleasently suprised by the 30 minute chicken. I should bring that up also, in case some people have been put off by microwaving a whole chicken.

I always say, "How much does it cost to feed your family when you go through the drive-thru? For my family of 5, it's about $25-$30. For about 2 1/2 times through the drive thru, you could buy a DCB and make your OWN fast food...healthy fast food for about $2 a serving!"

Edited to say: I also talk about my husband's reaction the first time we had the 30 minute chicken. While it was cooking, he complained the whole time...talking about how awful it was going to be. Well, it might as well been crow we were cooking, because he had to eat a whole 'lot of it! He loved it! Very juicy.

And I got a show out of a skeptic. We did her show and I sold 4 at that show. Since then, that hostess is now so excited to tell me what she has made in her DCB in her microwave. So, moral of the story...if you can do a 30 minute chicken show, DO IT!

Last edited:
Make sure they are using the DCB at shows (or challenge them to give it a try)! I was floored by how many I started to sell outright and how many more shows I booked just by using that in my demo (I typically use in the microwave at shows). People want anything that will make dinner fast, easy, cheap and YUMMY! Good luck!

bump for more suggestions

Will you guys be serving/making a recipe made in the DCB or just talking?

Top seller in our cluster (4-5K/mo) swears by DCB chicken fajitas at every show - something like sliced peppers and onions in the bottom, chicken thighs on top - nuke for 20 minutes, debone and use salad choppers on the chicken, then serve. Do a search for chicken fajitas.

any last minute tips? Doing this today.

And no, I will not be cooking in it at the cluster meeting.

what about:
- comparing the price of the DCB vs going out to a restaurant (a family)
- printing off a brochure/hand-out of the recipes
- give examples of the recipes they could do.

what about doing a Stoneware 101 - specifically the DCB.

scottcooks said:
Top seller in our cluster (4-5K/mo) swears by DCB chicken fajitas at every show - something like sliced peppers and onions in the bottom, chicken thighs on top - nuke for 20 minutes, debone and use salad choppers on the chicken, then serve. Do a search for chicken fajitas.

I did a search within CS for this recipe and can't find it. I'm a rookie though, it could be user error.
I am about to order my own DCB and am hoping to get the recipe for the fajitas. sounds perfectly easy enough for me to actually pull off!

I think it's labelled as "Easy Chicken Fajitas". But here's the recipe:Easy Chicken Fajitas in the Deep Covered BakerIngredients:
3 or 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1-2 Bell Peppers (preferably red, yellow or orange)
1 large Onion
1 small lime or ½ lime
Southwestern Seasoning Mix
6-inch Flour Tortillas Toppings:
Gaucamole (pre-made or homemade)
Salsa
Sour Cream
Shredded CheeseDirections:
1. Fill the Mini Baker with 6-inch tortillas, cover with foil, and put in a 250 degree oven to warm. Or, put the Mini Baker in the microwave covered with a damp paper towel for 30-45 seconds to warm the tortillas.2. Slice the bell peppers with the Ultimate Mandoline or the Forged Cutlery Knife. Slice the onion with Apple Wedger. Put onions and bell peppers in the bottom of the Deep Covered Baker, sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon Southwestern Seasoning Mix. Add the raw chicken on top of the peppers and onions (leave a little space between the chicken breasts), squeeze lime over the chicken using the Citrus Press and then sprinkle with another tablespoon of Southwestern Seasoning Mix. Add a little bit of salt. Cover with the lid and microwave for 15 minutes. 3. When the chicken is done (cut into a piece or check with the Pocket Thermometer to make sure it is done), cut it up in the baker using the Salad Choppers. Push the veggies to one side of the Deep Covered Baker and put the chicken back in on the other side. Use the Small Bamboo Tongs for serving.

If I am not making something in it for the party, I still bring it and make a chocolate cake in it. I just make a chocolate cake batter pour it in to a lightly greased DCB and use about 2/3 can of chocolate frosting and just drop by spoonfuls on the the cake. Cover and microwave for 9 minutes. The frosting goes to the bottom, and I just put a big spoon in it and serve warm. SUPER Yummy!!! everyone loves it. Wouldn't necessarily sell one with cake, but gives you a good opportunity to talk show and talk about it.

Was on a training call today and the consultant uses 2 bakers at her show. One for the main dish & then puts in the cobbler cake:
1 box yellow cake mix--not butter recipe
1 can peach pie filling
1 1/2 stick butter cut into pats

Layer as listed above in DCB and micro 10 min. stir and micro 3 min. more. top with any of our sprinkles.

flemings99 said:
Was on a training call today and the consultant uses 2 bakers at her show. One for the main dish & then puts in the cobbler cake:
1 box yellow cake mix--not butter recipe
1 can peach pie filling
1 1/2 stick butter cut into pats

Layer as listed above in DCB and micro 10 min. stir and micro 3 min. more. top with any of our sprinkles.

Stir after it's been cooked? Interesting!

wadesgirl said:
Stir after it's been cooked? Interesting!

Stir after the 10 min, then cook an additional 3. Will let you know how it turns out. I'm either going to try it this evening or tomorrow.

okay this may sound stupid, but do you make the cake mix?? adding the oil and eggs? or do you just put the dry cake mix in the dcb and add the peach filling?

just the 3 ingredients listed. don't make the mix.

I do it a bit different. I add a can of light syrup peaches, a can of pie filling, then the dry cake mix over the top of the peaches, then a stick of melted butter over the top of that. Otherwise, cook time is the same. It is soooooo yummy!

ttchic said:
If I am not making something in it for the party, I still bring it and make a chocolate cake in it. I just make a chocolate cake batter pour it in to a lightly greased DCB and use about 2/3 can of chocolate frosting and just drop by spoonfuls on the the cake. Cover and microwave for 9 minutes. The frosting goes to the bottom, and I just put a big spoon in it and serve warm. SUPER Yummy!!! everyone loves it. Wouldn't necessarily sell one with cake, but gives you a good opportunity to talk show and talk about it.

i know you can bake a cake with the little bowls but 9 min in the DCB I think i'm going to try that =-D does it have to be chocolate or any cake mix goes?

Made the cobbler last night. Housed smelled fantastic. Cobbler, ok. Don't know that I'd make it again.

I made a chocolate wacky cake in my microwave the other night in about 10 minutes. It turned out perfect - yum!

I am loving the DCB!

Last edited:
Regarding the chicken fajitas, AWESOME! I used this demo at my last show. Sales were great. I added some cilantro so I could demo the food chopper and some garlic so I could demo the garlic slicer and the garlic press. I also made the garlic bites but added some SW seasoning to it. They were gone in a hurry. Next time I might have to bring the 12 inch skillet and double the recipe! I sold several DCB and booked 3 shows due to the cookware demo. I also tried the idea that I recieved via PC about letting guests hold onto one of the product you are going to demo. When you need that product, they come up and help you with that step. It was great for guest participation. This was ecspecially important because I had a few hubbys there. By the way, I am thinking of trying to have more hubbys included. I have found that men love tools! I just use some word pictures on how having the right tool for the job in the kitchen is the same as it is when you are fixing the mower! No man wants his wife to struggle in the kitchen! And no man who cooks wants to be without the right tools!

I love the DCB...it's my favorite PC item and I'm gotten a lot of booking from it. People are always amazed when I make the chicken breasts in the microwave. They always think it will come out rubbery but once they taste it they are sold. I usually cook an extra chicken breast, slice it with the chef knife and hold n slice and pass it around for everyone to taste.

I also brown ground beef in mine too in the microwave. It's so much easier than doing it on the stove. Add taco seasoning and you've got quick tacos too!

Approx. how long do you brown the ground beef? I assume you stop in mid stream and use the mix n chop to break up the pieces more. Thanks

I set the microwave for 4 minutes (for 1 lb, thawed) COVERED. Then break it up with the mix n chop. Put it in for another 4 minutes COVERED and then I rest the edge of the DCB on the RUFH trivet and soak up the grease with the kitchen tongs and papertowels (or it can be drained in a colander). I usually use the papertowels so I don't have any extra dishes.

emo812 said:
I set the microwave for 4 minutes (for 1 lb, thawed) COVERED. Then break it up with the mix n chop. Put it in for another 4 minutes COVERED and then I rest the edge of the DCB on the RUFH trivet and soak up the grease with the kitchen tongs and papertowels (or it can be drained in a colander). I usually use the papertowels so I don't have any extra dishes.

Thanks so much! I was hoping it was that short of a time! I love your way of thinking of not having extra dishes. :D

I tend to use it covered more than not but glad you emphasized that for the rest that will see this.

What is a Deep Covered Baker and how can it be used?

The Deep Covered Baker (DCB) is a type of stoneware baking dish with a lid. It can be used in the oven, microwave, or even on the grill. It is designed to cook food evenly and retain moisture, making it a versatile tool for a variety of dishes.

What are the benefits of using a Deep Covered Baker?

The DCB allows for healthier cooking as it requires little to no added oils or fats. It also saves time and energy as it can be used in the microwave for quicker cooking. It also helps to retain the nutrients and flavors of the food being cooked.

What types of dishes can be prepared using a Deep Covered Baker?

The DCB is great for cooking meats, vegetables, casseroles, and even desserts. It can also be used for reheating leftovers, making it a versatile tool in the kitchen.

What is the best way to clean and care for a Deep Covered Baker?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash with warm water and mild soap to prolong its lifespan. It is important to avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing a hot DCB in cold water, as it can cause cracks in the stoneware.

What are some tips for using a Deep Covered Baker?

When using the DCB in the oven, it is recommended to preheat the dish before adding the food. When using it in the microwave, make sure to leave the lid slightly ajar to allow steam to escape. Also, avoid using metal utensils in the DCB to prevent scratching the stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefDi
  • karenwisn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
morgieloo88
  • allergycooker