• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have any delicious Deep Covered Baker recipes to share?

In summary, Becky's Fast Chicken Fajitas are a fantastic dish, and this recipe from Linda is a great way to promote them.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
In light of Becky's "I Love..." thread and her fantastic recipe for the Fast Chicken Fajitas (which if you haven't already tried them, they are marvelous!). I would love for you to post your favorite recipes for the DCB.

I am going to promote the bejeebers out of this thing in all my upcoming shows and I want to tell people what else they can make with this fantastic piece of stoneware.....think about Feb bookings and 60% off ;)

Attached is what I have - and I'm sure I got it here (I have no idea who posted it, so if it's you please say so and get your credit that is due).

Attachments

• DeepCoveredBakerRecipes.doc
    48 KB · Views: 3,118
Last edited:
That is an awesome form thanks so much for posting & starting this thread!

Hi Linda,

So this attachment... have you tried these? I'm also looking for a couple good and fast recipes for the DCB to promote in Jan especially. I just did the ribs tonight and was pleasantly surprised how tender they turned out. However, I don't have the PC grill pan to finish them out at shows.

Also, looking forward to the post.

Thanks everyone!!! :chef:

Hi Linda,

I've tried a few of them. I'd love to have more microwave recipes. I want to help my guests justify spending th3 $$ to buy this.

I have a bunch they were forwarded from my director - I have them in word, I just don't know how to get that file on the board - any help?? Otherwise pm me and I will email them to you -

Linda: Could you give me the recipe for the Fast Chicken Fajitas? or tell me where I can find it? Thank you

Becky, I want more of your recipes! I wanna be like you! LOL

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for so I can share w/Mom when she gets here. Have to do a tenderloin for her this weekend as she just cannot believe you can cook a tasty main course/meat dish in the microwave.

pamperedlinda said:
Becky, I want more of your recipes! I wanna be like you! LOL

That IS funny - trust me, you don't wanna be like me!:rolleyes:

The problem is that most of my "recipes" are just me, playing around in the kitchen - grabbing stuff and hoping it turns out okay. I look at something - usually several recipes - and think "well, if I took this from here, and this from there, and put them together with this......" or like with the fajitas, taking something that I make all of the time and using a different cooking method. (same with the Smashed Potato Soup).

So - in order for me to give out the recipes, I have to actually sit down and think it through and write out a recipe.....but I'll try and work on it!

This flyer Rocks!
I just had an idea too....
I have been thinking of going to 1 recipe a month. Well..... with all those options I could use the DCB at every show and still offer something different and cater to the season!

Hmmmmm...... I'm going to really have to think on this!

Thanks ladies!

ChefBeckyD said:
That IS funny - trust me, you don't wanna be like me!:rolleyes:

The problem is that most of my "recipes" are just me, playing around in the kitchen - grabbing stuff and hoping it turns out okay. I look at something - usually several recipes - and think "well, if I took this from here, and this from there, and put them together with this......" or like with the fajitas, taking something that I make all of the time and using a different cooking method. (same with the Smashed Potato Soup).

So - in order for me to give out the recipes, I have to actually sit down and think it through and write out a recipe.....but I'll try and work on it!
Thanks Becky!

Here's some recipes from Doreen (PamperedDor)

Thanks ladies! Keep the great recipes coming.

Attachments

• DeepCoveredBakerRecipes_1.doc
    35 KB · Views: 1,751
Not a 'show' recipe, but home cooking.Last week, beef ribs were on sale. I cut the membrane the length of the bone (for tenderness and to release fat. Rubbed the ribs with BBQ seasoning. Lots of ribs fit 'lengthwise' in the DCB, forming their own rack :)Baked at 250 deg. f, covered for 3.5 hours. They were melt in the mouth tender, well seasoned, and cooked above the fat, held above the fat by the structure of the ribs.Inexpensive and tasty.

Ok so I was looking at this recipe flyer again and like some of the chicken flavor combos. I also notice that for most of them it has oven directions. Do you think it would work to use any different flvor combos EX: hawaiian and cook it in the Micro like the 30 min chicken?

Burgandy Pot RoastHas anyone made the Burgandy Pot Roast successfully? I followed the recipe and before 2 hours were up there was a burnt smell. There was not enought liquid and the edges of the mixture burnt. After scraping that out and adding more tomato sauce it was much better. It seems like there should be more liquid from the start. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the recipes!!!!! I am hoping these will help me sell more of these! I want one so badly and am planning on getting one real soon!

Does anyone have reciepes for the deep covered dish using the microwave

OMG! This is awsome! I am making the ribs tonight! Its perfect cause I have my cluster meeting tonight and don't 2+ hours between getting out of my full time job and the meeting to cook them in the oven!! Thank You!

can someone post the recipe for the Dump Cake?

I did regular lasagna in the baker in the microwave using "no boil" noodles and making my recipe the regular way. I simply use spaghetti sauce that is mixed in ground beef (almost like spaghetti mixture) mozzarella cheese and the noodles. Just layered it up and covered it, and put in microwave for 15 minutes. It was really good. The cheese didn't "brown up on top in the microwave but was still good.

I also made my favorite "Christmas egg casserole" recipe the other day in the baker in the microwave. My kids love this.
12 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
some salt and pepper to taste
( I use some onion salt or powder) in place of green onion tops diced up because my kids don't like "green things" that much LOL
You can add diced ham, or cooked crumbled sausage and cheese
Mix all ingredients in batter bowl.
I lightly sprayed the baker (just because of the egg mixture going into the microwave..I wasn't sure how it would come out the first time)
Pour mixture into baker and cover ...12-15 minutes or until egg is baked up solid. Let stand a few minutes and then cut into squares.
Delicious...and so easy in the microwave...this recipe usually takes 1 hour in oven.

I recently purchased the Deep Covered Baker. I was promised a Word document with recipes but it never came. So I was delighted to find it here on this forum. But I am looking for MICROWAVE recipes for the Deep Covered Baker. Anyone? :chef:

smstout19 said:
I recently purchased the Deep Covered Baker. I was promised a Word document with recipes but it never came. So I was delighted to find it here on this forum. But I am looking for MICROWAVE recipes for the Deep Covered Baker. Anyone? :chef:

If you are a consultant, you can access a great handout on CC. (I'm not sure if someone made a version for the files here or not--can't check right now...)

There are also lots of recipes using the microwave in the Season's Best and also the 29 min. to Dinner Vol. 2 cookbook.

If you go to "Search" and type in Deep Covered Baker and microwave, there should be some other threads to search through.

Has anyone made the Chicken Penne in the oven? I've been searching threads and have come up empty. I'm going to make it at a wedding shower in the DCB in the micro, but there is goingn to be like 30 people there so I wanted to bake more in a rectangular baker.

I posted an update of a flyer that was on here. I removed references to retired/discontinued items in it. I fixed it so it is a tri-fold. It has around 20 recipes in it so it is much better than the one from HO and has recipes all in one place. The file is called "DCBRECIPES.doc" in the files.

Here's a sheet with Microwave recipes for the DCB. I got it off of here somewhere. It looks like the same format as the first one posted. I usually print out the microwave one, the oven one, and the one off consultants corner with the 5 different recipes. I hate that there is so much maroon...it sure eats up ink!

Enjoy!

I'm going to make the molten cake today for my show. I was also going to try to do the HWC pink cake in it too. I don't have the fluted pan but I think it would be just as good in the DCB and show how versatile it is. People love the fact that you can do so many different things in it!

Attachments

• Deep covered baker MICROWAVE.doc
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,641
That IS funny - trust me, you don't wanna be like me!

Becky, I would love to know what do you do different to the Smashed Potato Soup???

I've updated a doc I believe I "borrowed" from here and revised a little....use as wanted!

Attachments

• Deep covered baker recipes.doc
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,389
Thanks for sharing Andrea! Isn't amazing what we can do with one item? So easy to see the value, when you see how many options there are. Yup, yup, PC rocks!

Awesome format for the recipes. I was using the one that you can fold in thirds. Thanks for sharing.

set-n-stone said:
Becky, I would love to know what do you do different to the Smashed Potato Soup???

I do it in the DCB, in the Microwave.

I "saute" chopped carrots, celery, onion, and garlic with the lid on for about 5 minutes. (oh - I added the onion too:chef:) I use about 1 1/2 times what the recipe calls for in veggies.

Then, add the rest of the ingredients, and heat through. Except the sour cream - stir that in at the end just before serving.

This is really easy to make vegetarian too - just use vegetable broth instead of chicken.

Glad that you like the file of recipes. Like I said, it originated here, I've just added to it!!

Do you think that I could do the "Hawaiian Chicken" recipe that's on the DCB Recipes flyer I got from CS- in the Microwave??It is taking a whole chicken, brushing a thick coat of apricot jam over it. Then pour a can of pineapples over chicken with some maraschino cherries. The recipe says to cover and bake for 1 1/2 hrs at 375. But I'm wondering if I can do it in the microwave?? I thought if you could, that would make a great Hawaiian theme- if you paired the Hawaiian chicken with the Hawaiian Dip w/Fruit Kebabs ("All the Best"), and/or the Apple Berry Salsa with tortilla chips.If no one knows- I'll have to stop and get a chicken tonight for dinner and try it! :D

esavvymom said:
Do you think that I could do the "Hawaiian Chicken" recipe that's on the DCB Recipes flyer I got from CS- in the Microwave??

It is taking a whole chicken, brushing a thick coat of apricot jam over it. Then pour a can of pineapples over chicken with some maraschino cherries. The recipe says to cover and bake for 1 1/2 hrs at 375.

But I'm wondering if I can do it in the microwave?? I thought if you could, that would make a great Hawaiian theme- if you paired the Hawaiian chicken with the Hawaiian Dip w/Fruit Kebabs ("All the Best"), and/or the Apple Berry Salsa with tortilla chips.

If no one knows- I'll have to stop and get a chicken tonight for dinner and try it! :D

I for one think that you should try it and report back because it sounds awesome to me!

ChefPaulaB said:
I for one think that you should try it and report back because it sounds awesome to me!

ME too! (minus the maraschino cherries.:yuck: But I might like some dried cherries in there...)

I think this might be a great new twist on the 30 Minute Chicken!

Ok.....it's on the menu for tonight. I'll let you know. :chef:

esavvymom said:
Ok.....it's on the menu for tonight. I'll let you know. :chef:

Can't wait to hear the results!

So, I'd say it worked pretty well! Now, here's the full-review:

I didn't have the cherries, but everything else I did as described in the recipe. This file had it in there (not the one I had, but it has all the same recipes- just layed out different).

So I brushed apricot jam all over the ckn, and then dumped a small can of pineapple over it - juice and all. Covered it and stuck it in the microwave for 35 minutes. I did hear 'popping' a few times, maybe the pineapple "blew up" as it cooked....but there were quite a few left. I will say- it got my DCB and microwave turn-table rather sticky as the juice must have steamed out and got things sticky- so be careful what you set the DCB on when you pull it out. It will stick to it (my hotpad was stuck to the bottom. No biggie- just warning you).

The presentation of the chicken. Nothing spectacular, but remember, I didn't have the cherries either. The skin was really moist (not edible moist in my opinion, but the chicken we had was kind of fatty). But the meat was SO moist! As far as flavor, it was ever so mildly sweetened, but nothing "WOW"....at least not for me and my DH. I thought it was very good as far as roasted chickens go -very moist, and would do it again for sure. My DH thought it lacked "punch"- but then again, he's so used to smothering his chicken with either a sauce or lots of spices/rubs, it's not surprising he thought that. I would just have liked to have some of the jam/juice as a glaze or something on it. My kids both loved it (and one of them hates roasted chicken).

But before I do it at a show, I want to try something. We thought it would be really that much BETTER if we made a quick glaze....for example, either taking and mixing the apricot jam and the pineapple juice in a bowl and brushing it on the chicken then add the pineapple. Reserve some of the jam glaze and heat up slightly in a sauce pan to drizzle over the chicken when it's done. Or do the ckn as written in the recipe, and make some extra glaze with more jam/pineapple juice (or get a larger jar of each and reserve some).

My mother-in-law makes a Waikiki chicken, and we do something similar, but I have to look that up and will see how that might work. She makes up a syrup of some sort with pineapple juice and such. It's divine. But I think the jam and pineapple juice idea would work too if you made the glaze for when you serve it.

We had brown rice, with some of the juice drizzled into it. That was pretty good too.

So I think it's VERY doable for a Theme show variation on the 30-minute chicken! :thumbup::thumbup: maybe you all will have some other ideas.

esavvymom said:
My mother-in-law makes a Waikiki chicken, and we do something similar, but I have to look that up and will see how that might work.

This reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask you all (or y'all as we often say here)

Do people ever ask you how to tell which of their recipes they should be converting to DCB recipes...either in the micro or not. I'm cringing anticipating that question. I am hoping if I throw enough recipes at them they won't ask me how it applies to their own favorites ....:eek:

esavvymom said:
So, I'd say it worked pretty well! Now, here's the full-review:

I didn't have the cherries, but everything else I did as described in the recipe. This file had it in there (not the one I had, but it has all the same recipes- just layed out different).

So I brushed apricot jam all over the ckn, and then dumped a small can of pineapple over it - juice and all. Covered it and stuck it in the microwave for 35 minutes. I did hear 'popping' a few times, maybe the pineapple "blew up" as it cooked....but there were quite a few left. I will say- it got my DCB and microwave turn-table rather sticky as the juice must have steamed out and got things sticky- so be careful what you set the DCB on when you pull it out. It will stick to it (my hotpad was stuck to the bottom. No biggie- just warning you).

The presentation of the chicken. Nothing spectacular, but remember, I didn't have the cherries either. The skin was really moist (not edible moist in my opinion, but the chicken we had was kind of fatty). But the meat was SO moist! As far as flavor, it was ever so mildly sweetened, but nothing "WOW"....at least not for me and my DH. I thought it was very good as far as roasted chickens go -very moist, and would do it again for sure. My DH thought it lacked "punch"- but then again, he's so used to smothering his chicken with either a sauce or lots of spices/rubs, it's not surprising he thought that. I would just have liked to have some of the jam/juice as a glaze or something on it. My kids both loved it (and one of them hates roasted chicken).

But before I do it at a show, I want to try something. We thought it would be really that much BETTER if we made a quick glaze....for example, either taking and mixing the apricot jam and the pineapple juice in a bowl and brushing it on the chicken then add the pineapple. Reserve some of the jam glaze and heat up slightly in a sauce pan to drizzle over the chicken when it's done. Or do the ckn as written in the recipe, and make some extra glaze with more jam/pineapple juice (or get a larger jar of each and reserve some).

My mother-in-law makes a Waikiki chicken, and we do something similar, but I have to look that up and will see how that might work. She makes up a syrup of some sort with pineapple juice and such. It's divine. But I think the jam and pineapple juice idea would work too if you made the glaze for when you serve it.

We had brown rice, with some of the juice drizzled into it. That was pretty good too.

So I think it's VERY doable for a Theme show variation on the 30-minute chicken! :thumbup::thumbup: maybe you all will have some other ideas.

Okay - thanks so much for the detailed review! Excellent!

Here are a few thoughts. (I need to try this too!)

Take the skin off the chicken (that is a recipe variation from PC) and make a glaze of Apricot Jam, Pineapple Rum Sauce, and a little Paprika (for color) then leave the lid on while you are roasting it? That would help the flavoring "POP" and also keep the micro from getting so sticky.

I want to try this... I can't tomorrow, because I have a show, so my DCB is packed in my kit. Maybe Friday though.

What about adding some brown sugar to make a thicker glaze...my mother in law makes a glaze for her ham using mustard, brown sugar, pineapple and orange juice....really yummy....I'll get the specifics from her. I like Becky's idea of adding dried cherries....would give it a bit more visual appeal.

see..I knew you guys could come up with some more great ideas! (And I did have the lid on- it still oozed out a bit. Would have been a terrible mess I'd imagine if I didn't have the lid on with the pineapple or juice popping- YIKES!)

Has anyone made the Easy Peach Cobbler or Quick Apple Crisp recipes and made it in the microwave instead of the oven? I want to try this but am not sure if it would work or if so for how long to cook it.

never made it but came across this-

Quick Apple Crisp
5 Granny Smith apples
1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half. Place apples in bottom of baker. Combine cake mix, sugar, cinnamon, butter and nuts in bowl. Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples. Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping. Super quick version: Microwave for 18-22 minutes or until you smell it’s wonderful aroma and see lots of bubbles!!!

Oh man that sounds good! You know, my mom told me I've gained weight ever since I started PC. I was ticked to have her say that. But it's true! I keep wanting to experiment w/ all these yummy recipes! :D (I have lost a little, but have a long way to go)

babywings76 said:
Oh man that sounds good! You know, my mom told me I've gained weight ever since I started PC. I was ticked to have her say that. But it's true! I keep wanting to experiment w/ all these yummy recipes! :D (I have lost a little, but have a long way to go)

Oh I know, me too! No one ever pointed it out to me, but they didn't need to! I joined Weight Watchers and have taken it all back off, but now I'm having a hard time staying on the program and I'm afraid with all the good summer eating that I'm going to gain it all back again. But the recipes all sound so good, all the desserts especially! Just have to try them!

I just did a "dump" cake in the DCB. It turned out awesome!! Next time I will put it in without the lid on so there's not so much moisture!
1 can cherry pie filling
1 can crushed pineapple
1 yellow cake mix (not the butter recipe)
1 stick of butter cut into pats
Microwave on High for 12-15 minutes, let sit for a few minutes and serve. It is yummy!!

The DCB is why I became a consultant. It is the greatest thing ever. :love:

I always commit to my customers that they will get a word doc from me of my tried and true recipes and tips. I also have a DCB distribution list so I can send recipes to all of my DCB customers.

I have picked up some great recipes out here so here are mine in return. :)

Attachments

• Deep Covered Baker recipes ver 5.doc
    118 KB · Views: 1,325
I made meatloaf in the DCB in the microwave last night and it turned out so good!! There may be other recipes floating around but this is basically how I made it:

2 lbs. ground beef
1 package onion soup mix
1 small onion, chopped
1 egg
about 1 cup of quick cooking oats
about 1/4 cup ketchup

mixed all together, cooked on high uncovered for 15 minutes. Then spread additional ketchup on top and cooked 5 minutes more.

DH said it tasted like it had been done in the oven.

This is great, there are a ton of recipes!

Wow, these are fantastic!

I need some good microwave recipes for the deep covered baker.
Thanks
I just joined the group and can't figure out how to get the recipes??
Thanks Rita

<h2>1. What is a Deep Covered Baker?</h2><p>A Deep Covered Baker is a versatile piece of stoneware that can be used to cook a variety of dishes in the microwave, oven, or even on the grill. It is designed to trap in heat and moisture, resulting in delicious and evenly cooked meals.</p><h2>2. What are some benefits of using a Deep Covered Baker?</h2><p>Using a Deep Covered Baker allows for healthier cooking as it requires little to no added oil or fats. It also saves time and energy as it can be used in the microwave, and it is easy to clean as it is dishwasher safe.</p><h2>3. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker to cook meat?</h2><p>Absolutely! The Deep Covered Baker is perfect for cooking meats, as it helps to keep them moist and juicy. Some popular meat dishes to cook in the DCB include chicken, pork, and beef.</p><h2>4. What are some popular recipes for the Deep Covered Baker?</h2><p>There are endless possibilities when it comes to cooking with the Deep Covered Baker. Some popular recipes include chicken fajitas, roasted vegetables, mac and cheese, and even desserts like apple crisp. Check out our website for more delicious recipes!</p><h2>5. How can I get a Deep Covered Baker at a discounted price?</h2><p>If you're interested in purchasing a Deep Covered Baker, hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to get it at a discounted price. As a host, you can earn free and discounted products, including the Deep Covered Baker, by inviting friends and family to your party. Contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information on hosting a party.</p>

1. What is a Deep Covered Baker?

A Deep Covered Baker is a versatile piece of stoneware that can be used to cook a variety of dishes in the microwave, oven, or even on the grill. It is designed to trap in heat and moisture, resulting in delicious and evenly cooked meals.

2. What are some benefits of using a Deep Covered Baker?

Using a Deep Covered Baker allows for healthier cooking as it requires little to no added oil or fats. It also saves time and energy as it can be used in the microwave, and it is easy to clean as it is dishwasher safe.

3. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker to cook meat?

Absolutely! The Deep Covered Baker is perfect for cooking meats, as it helps to keep them moist and juicy. Some popular meat dishes to cook in the DCB include chicken, pork, and beef.

4. What are some popular recipes for the Deep Covered Baker?

There are endless possibilities when it comes to cooking with the Deep Covered Baker. Some popular recipes include chicken fajitas, roasted vegetables, mac and cheese, and even desserts like apple crisp. Check out our website for more delicious recipes!

5. How can I get a Deep Covered Baker at a discounted price?

If you're interested in purchasing a Deep Covered Baker, hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to get it at a discounted price. As a host, you can earn free and discounted products, including the Deep Covered Baker, by inviting friends and family to your party. Contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information on hosting a party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SuzcookinPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
schel
  • blushy4u
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies