• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deep Covered Baker Lid Not Fitting Right??

In summary, some guests have had problems with their DCBs where the lid does not sit flush and rocks on the base. I think this is most likely because the lids are being made differently than the originals and may be a new issue.
meganmcg
A guest just received her DCB and she said that the lid doesn't sit flush and rocks around on the base. I haven't noticed mine doing that and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I've already had 4 damaged items from this order :( (not the one guest, the total show!)

I have not noticed that with mine or any others I have seen. I would call the company ASAP and let them know. That could be dangerous getting it in and out of the microwave hot.

I have had a few ordered lately and they all have done this - some worse than others. I think they are making them differently than the originals because my old one broke and I got a new one and it looks bigger and the top slightly shifts. But if it moves around enough to make the guest uncomfortable or unhappy with it, adjust it. I had a guest who could push the lid to one side of the baker and see all the way to the bottom of it!
Mara

My lid is small, too, but it doesn't affect the efficiency of the DCB, and I use it ALOT!! (actually thinking of buying a second one)

mine rocks a little.. but not enough to worry about..

Mine rocks about a bit, but I can tell you, it's still holding in all the steam--I got burned last night when I didn't open it "carefully and away from yourself".

I'm going to go look at it Saturday and then maybe call HO. Why would they change something that is perfect in the first place :) Thanks for your input!

I had a guest order one (my aunt) and her lid fit so poorly that when she made the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco the exploding tomatoes got all over the inside of her microwave! I did an adjustment (in the first 30 days) and they sent a new one directly to her - no return (or piece) necessary!

This happen to me the other week. Lid did not fit and would rock. I contacted PC - and they sent one out the next day! I think this must be a new but common issue. They must have had a bad batch of lids.

1. Why is my Deep Covered Baker lid not fitting right?

There are a few potential reasons for this issue. It could be due to the baker or lid being warped, or there may be food residue preventing the lid from sealing properly. Make sure to thoroughly clean both the baker and lid before use. Additionally, try gently bending the lid to make it fit more snugly on the baker.

2. Can I use a different lid on my Deep Covered Baker?

No, it is important to only use the lid that came with your Deep Covered Baker. This ensures a proper fit and seals in moisture for optimal cooking results.

3. How do I know if my Deep Covered Baker lid is on correctly?

The lid should fit snugly on the baker with the handle facing upwards. You should also hear a slight clicking sound when the lid is properly sealed.

4. Can I put my Deep Covered Baker lid in the dishwasher?

Yes, the lid is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, hand washing is recommended to prolong the life of the lid.

5. What should I do if my Deep Covered Baker lid is cracked or damaged?

If your lid is damaged, please contact Pampered Chef customer service for a replacement. Do not use the baker with a damaged lid as it may affect the cooking process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefDi
  • Shawnna
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • StacieB