• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Perfect Grilling Technique with the Deep Covered Baker

In summary, the conversation discusses various ways the DCB can be used, including par-cooking meats to avoid drying them out on the grill, cooking fresh green beans and rice in the microwave, and even cooking dove breasts with jalapeno and bacon. The speaker also shares a tip for making green beans that has been a hit with their family and even their dog. The conversation ends with a brief discussion about what EVOO stands for.
janezapchef
Gold Member
Well, I just tried something "new" to me with the DCB. A host of mine called to tell me how much she loves hers and what she uses it for. She said she is LOVING using it to "par-cook" meats that tend to dry out on the grill. She cooks them in the dcb for a couple minutes then throws them on the grill basically for the grill marks. I tried it with a turkey breast tenderloin, and it was amazing! I cooked the turkey for 5 minutes in the dcb in the microwave, then grilled it for about 3 minutes or so a side (maybe a little longer, not sure). Now, that may seem like it still takes awhile, but the instructions on the tenderloin said to grill it 30-40 minutes! As if I needed another reason to love this thing! Just thought I'd pass it on!

That sounds good!!

Here is what I like to do with mine:

I take fresh green beans, rinsed and the ends taken off, toss with EVOO, minced garlic fresh ground pepper and sea salt and put the lid on and cook in microwave for 12 minutes. Comes out perfect all the time, my family will no longer eat canned green beans and even my dog loves them (she used to turn her nose up at green beans!!).

I also cook brown rice in the microwave with this, especially if my rice cooker is already in use for something else!!

I will be trying this!

isn't par-cooking supposed to be healthier for you since grilling too much is carcinogenic? thanks for sharing that and the green bean recipe!

trying this tonight. has anyone cooked apples in the dcb?

the green beans are AWESOME!

I am dumb. What is EVOO?:blushing:

chanddl said:
I am dumb. What is EVOO?:blushing:

Extra virgin olive oil.

You're not dumb, you just don't watch Rachel Ray.

This may be weird but it is dove season.....I microwaved dove breasts in the DCB with Jalapeno and bacon. It was yummy

What is a Deep Covered Baker?

A Deep Covered Baker is a versatile cooking tool made of stoneware that is used for baking, roasting, and microwaving a variety of dishes. It has a lid that traps in moisture and heat to cook food evenly and retain its natural flavors.

How do I use the Deep Covered Baker?

To use the Deep Covered Baker, first preheat your oven to the desired temperature. Then, place your food inside the baker and cover it with the lid. Place the baker in the oven and bake according to your recipe's instructions. You can also use it in the microwave by removing the lid and microwaving on high for the recommended time.

What types of dishes can I make in the Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker is perfect for making a variety of dishes such as casseroles, roasts, chicken, vegetables, and desserts. It can also be used for reheating leftovers or cooking frozen foods.

Is the Deep Covered Baker safe to use?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is made of high-quality stoneware that is safe to use in the oven, microwave, and dishwasher. It is also lead-free and does not contain any harmful chemicals.

Do I need to season the Deep Covered Baker before using it?

No, the Deep Covered Baker does not require seasoning before use. However, it is recommended to lightly grease the inside of the baker with cooking spray or oil to prevent food from sticking and make clean-up easier.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• allergycooker
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
janice moore
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies