1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Deep covered baker idea

1. janezapchef

janezapchef Veteran Member Gold Member

Well, I just tried something "new" to me with the DCB. A host of mine called to tell me how much she loves hers and what she uses it for. She said she is LOVING using it to "par-cook" meats that tend to dry out on the grill. She cooks them in the dcb for a couple minutes then throws them on the grill basically for the grill marks. I tried it with a turkey breast tenderloin, and it was amazing! I cooked the turkey for 5 minutes in the dcb in the microwave, then grilled it for about 3 minutes or so a side (maybe a little longer, not sure). Now, that may seem like it still takes awhile, but the instructions on the tenderloin said to grill it 30-40 minutes! As if I needed another reason to love this thing! Just thought I'd pass it on!

Aug 23, 2009
  2. shelly.nurse

shelly.nurse Member

That sounds good!!

Here is what I like to do with mine:

I take fresh green beans, rinsed and the ends taken off, toss with EVOO, minced garlic fresh ground pepper and sea salt and put the lid on and cook in microwave for 12 minutes. Comes out perfect all the time, my family will no longer eat canned green beans and even my dog loves them (she used to turn her nose up at green beans!!).

I also cook brown rice in the microwave with this, especially if my rice cooker is already in use for something else!!

Aug 27, 2009
  3. janezapchef

I will be trying this!

Aug 27, 2009
  4. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

isn't par-cooking supposed to be healthier for you since grilling too much is carcinogenic? thanks for sharing that and the green bean recipe!

Aug 27, 2009
  5. janezapchef

trying this tonight. has anyone cooked apples in the dcb?

Aug 30, 2009
  6. janezapchef

the green beans are AWESOME!

Aug 30, 2009
  7. cookin to the top

cookin to the top Member Gold Member

How do you do your rice?

8. chanddl

chanddl Novice Member Gold Member

I am dumb. What is EVOO?:blushing:

Sep 6, 2009
  9. Geekgirl69

Geekgirl69 Advanced Member Gold Member

Extra virgin olive oil.

You're not dumb, you just don't watch Rachel Ray.

Sep 6, 2009
  10. mmoran4pc

mmoran4pc Novice Member

This may be weird but it is dove season.....I microwaved dove breasts in the DCB with Jalapeno and bacon. It was yummy

Sep 6, 2009
Have something to add?