• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Missing Deductions and Charges on Commission Statements?

In summary, when looking at your commissions, you may not be seeing the insurance deduction on some statements because it was taken out Monthly. There are several different months where the insurance deduction is not shown, but it is present on the statement for the following month. The insurance deduction was $2 per month from January to February of 2012, and was $3 per month from March to December of 2012.
babywings76
Gold Member
Is insurance supposed to be $3 a month? When I look up my commission checks, I don't see a statement for every month (I was inactive one month) and a couple months don't have the deduction for the insurance on it. So I'm just wondering if I'm overlooking something and I did have it taken out. I'm trying to enter in all my expenses in P3 so I can run my report for taxes and just want to be sure I'm being accurate.

Also, I only saw one deduction for the Spring CO kit, but I can't seem to find a shipping charge for the Fall one. Did you all get charged for it? What month was it shown on your commission statements?

January & February of 2012 the Insurance deduction was $2 per month. The remainder of the year it was $3 per month. If you did not receive a commission check one month you will have $6 on the next statement deducted.

I had $6.75 deducted in August for my Fall Change-over kit.

BTW....you can view all of your 2012 commission statements on CC to see which month the deduction took place.

Yeah, I was on CC and looking at all my statements. My mid-month and month-end for Jan. don't show the insurance deduction. Same with a few other months and the next month where it does show up, they didn't make up for the missing month, so I'm confused. And I have the CO kit shipment charge on my Feb. '12 statement, but no charge seems to be anywhere for the Fall one. It's very odd.

Were you active those months? If so that is very strange.

They won't take the deduction out of the mid-month. If you had a mid-month that paid you all your commission, you'll still get an EOM statement, but if there's no money paid out, there won't be anything to deduct from. Your statements should show each month's insurance deduction separately, and it should have a code to indicate what month it is for.

Okay, here's how they go:Jan: have a statement, but no deductions shown
Feb: $6.75 for Spring paperwork, $2 ins.
March: $3 ins.
April: $3 ins.
May: no statement for May, I was inactive
June: $3 ins.
July: $3 ins.
Aug: have statement, but no deductions
Sept: $3 ins.
Oct: $3 ins.
Nov: $3 ins.
Dec: $3 ins.See what I mean? They didn't do double on the months after there was a skip. And 2 of those were for regular months where for some reason they just didn't deduct it? And there's only 1 paperwork supply shipping charge, so what about the Fall paperwork?Guess I'll call HO. Just was curious if I'm overlooking something. Or maybe someone else has found the same thing with theirs.

Well, I called HO and their records show all the deductions, so I was charged for them. So bizarre that the online statement doesn't match up with their records on this. :confused:

Did they say they were going to update the online statement for you? If not I would call them back and ask them to so YOUR records are accurate.

did you look at mid month statements or just month end? if a mid-month statement has a deduction taken out you are paid the adjusted amount at mid-month, then on the month end it just states "mid-month commission pd in advance" that amount is total mid-month commission paid, before deductions, it does not show the deduction on both statements.

1. What is a "deduction from commission"?

A deduction from commission is a reduction in the amount of money that a salesperson receives for a sale or sales period. This deduction can be for various reasons, such as expenses incurred by the company, taxes, or fees.

2. Are deductions from commission legal?

Yes, deductions from commission are legal as long as they are clearly outlined in the salesperson's contract or agreement and comply with state and federal laws. Employers must also provide advance notice and obtain written consent from the salesperson before making any deductions.

3. Can an employer make deductions from commission without notifying the salesperson?

No, an employer must provide advance notice and obtain written consent from the salesperson before making any deductions from their commission. This is to ensure transparency and prevent any unexpected reductions in pay.

4. What types of expenses can be deducted from commission?

The types of expenses that can be deducted from commission vary depending on the company and the salesperson's contract. Common deductions include marketing and advertising expenses, travel expenses, and taxes. It is important for employers to clearly outline all potential deductions in the salesperson's contract.

5. How can a salesperson ensure they are not subject to excessive deductions from commission?

A salesperson can protect themselves from excessive deductions from commission by carefully reviewing their contract and negotiating any terms that seem unfair. They should also keep track of their sales and commission payments to ensure they are being accurately compensated. If there are any discrepancies, they should discuss them with their employer and seek legal advice if necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
raebates
  • klsnyder
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • kam