• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is There a Trick to Using the Decorator Bottle Set Tips?

It's just a little bit harder to get the icing to the top when you're starting out. If you're using them a lot and the top starts to come off, you can put a piece of tape over the top of the bottle to keep it in place.
christina78
I am very new to PC so if I ask a dumb question please excuse me. I had a customer ask me if she could use Wilton tips with the decorator bottle set?

I would think not. I don't have the bottles but I'm pretty sure you have to screw the tip on and wilton tips are made to be on the inside of a pastry bag. If she's got the tips she might as well skip the bottles, IMO

Yes, they are compatible.

Yes, All of the Wilton tips work very nicely with the Decorator Bottle set.

another tip- even though you didn't ask about this one....an easier way to fill the bottles is using the Small Spreader. Worked great when i did it. I had one customer tell me she threw her bottles in the TRASH because she couldn't figure out how to get the icing into them. :eek:

I have a set that I have never used - so glad to hear you can use those tips - and great tip about the spreader!! THANKS

I like to fill mine using a plastic bag. I fill the bag, cut one of the edges and squeeze everything in the bottles. Works great! The micro scraper also worked well before I used the plastic bag.

My only beef with these is that they are so hard to fill...other than that I love them! So easy for the kids to use!

Do the tops ever fall off on you when you use them? I just got them a few months ago when they were the guest special. I like them, but when I'd squeeze them and get it to where it's about 1/2 way or less filled, sometimes the top of the bottle bends a little bit and then the top pops off. Is this abnormal or is there a trick to using them?

Chef Gilles said:
I like to fill mine using a plastic bag. I fill the bag, cut one of the edges and squeeze everything in the bottles. Works great! The micro scraper also worked well before I used the plastic bag.

Yes! Forgot about this too. Just put the baggie into a cup or our Measure-all cup to fill it easily (flip the edges over the cup rim so the bag stays open). Then you can close up the bag and squeeze it in. That's a great tip plus doesn't require any additional product she may not have (tell both methods- she can pick).

They are a breeze to use! My only thing- I tend to end up using more icing on the cupcakes, etc than I would have NORMALLY. Normally I don't use a whole tub...but when I use the bottles to pipe the frosting on, I use every last bit of icing. But that's for putting all the icing on- not just decorating.

babywings76 said:
Do the tops ever fall off on you when you use them? I just got them a few months ago when they were the guest special. I like them, but when I'd squeeze them and get it to where it's about 1/2 way or less filled, sometimes the top of the bottle bends a little bit and then the top pops off. Is this abnormal or is there a trick to using them?

No, that's not normal. I can use mine all the way to the very end without any problem.

1. What are the sizes of the tips included in the Decorator Bottle Set?

The Decorator Bottle Set includes 5 tips, each with a different size and shape. The sizes of the tips are as follows:
- Round tip: 3mm
- Ribbon tip: 5mm
- Star tip: 6mm
- Leaf tip: 9mm
- Petal tip: 13mm.

2. Are the tips in the Decorator Bottle Set compatible with other Pampered Chef products?

Yes, the tips in the Decorator Bottle Set are compatible with other Pampered Chef products such as the Decorating Bag Set and the Decorating Bottle Set. This allows for even more versatility and creativity in your decorating projects.

3. Can I use these tips with any type of frosting or icing?

Yes, the tips in the Decorator Bottle Set are designed to be used with any type of frosting or icing, including buttercream, royal icing, and cream cheese frosting.

4. Are the tips in the Decorator Bottle Set dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of the tips in the Decorator Bottle Set are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing them with warm, soapy water for best results and to prolong their lifespan.

5. Can I use the tips in the Decorator Bottle Set for savory dishes as well?

Yes, the tips in the Decorator Bottle Set can be used for both sweet and savory dishes. They are great for adding decorative touches to dishes such as mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, and even macaroni and cheese!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
lmonninger
  • lindsaym
  • Products and Tips
Replies