• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Declined Credit Payments: What to Do When a Guest Can't Pay

The host might say something like "I'm sorry to hear that your card has been declined, can you please help me to get your order processed so that I can send the rest of it to you?"
leahevanson
Gold Member
I have a question about declined credit payments. If for some reason this guest cannot pay any other way, am i stuck with what she ordered so that I can get the rest of the order shipped? Thanks in advance...:(

That's probably a question for order processing. They can probably take her order off the show.

No, the guest can always cancel their order.

However, you never know if it will affect the host's earning level.:(

Have you been able to get a hold of your guest? I had this happen the other day, and the customer was so sure she had money to spend and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work. When I suggested she call her bank because sometimes my bank will decline a charge over certain amounts if they feel it's fraud. So, sure enough, she called and while it wasn't for no money, the card just hadn't been activated properly. Called the Solution center and the charge went right though.

If however, this is not the case, and they don't have another card they can use, you may have to get the order removed and it will probably effect the hosts earning level. :(

Good luck! I hope it's the first situation and an easy fix!

I had this happen to me because the Host gave me the wrong expiration date on one of the lady's orders. Once we entered the correct expiration date, everything went through fine. The lady got very indignant with me that there was nothing wrong with her credit card. I asked to verify # & exp date and that is when I found it. I took full "blame" as I didn't know who this person was to the Host. Turned out to be a relative so I was glad I did it that way!

Thanks everyone. I have not been able to get in touch with the guest. I think I will give her until Saturday and then I will have to figure out something. :( I hate this!

I have two declined cards that are holding up an $800 show! I have left multiple messages for the guests...I really hate this too!

Does anyone ever call the host to see if she can get a hold of the guests? I wouldn't tell her the cards had been declined, but that there is a problem with their order or something like that....

leahevanson said:
Thanks everyone. I have not been able to get in touch with the guest. I think I will give her until Saturday and then I will have to figure out something. :( I hate this!

What does the host say??? Is she a friend of the host or just an order.....????

1. What should I do if my credit card payment was declined?

If your credit card payment was declined, the first step is to check the details of the declined transaction. Make sure that you entered all the information correctly, including your credit card number, expiration date, and CVV code. If everything is correct, you may need to contact your credit card company to resolve the issue. You can also try using a different credit card or payment method.

2. Why was my credit card payment declined?

There are several reasons why a credit card payment may be declined. Some common reasons include insufficient funds, an expired or incorrect card number, or suspicious activity on your account. It's best to contact your credit card company for specific details about why your payment was declined.

3. How can I fix a declined credit card payment?

If your credit card payment was declined, you can try the following steps to fix the issue:

• Double-check all the information entered for the transaction, including the card number, expiration date, and CVV code.
  • Contact your credit card company to ensure there are no issues with your account or card.
  • Try using a different credit card or payment method.
  • If you are making a large purchase, you may need to contact your credit card company in advance to authorize the transaction.

4. Will a declined credit card payment affect my credit score?

No, a declined credit card payment will not directly affect your credit score. However, if you have a history of missed or late payments, this can have a negative impact on your credit score. It's important to make payments on time and resolve any declined transactions as soon as possible to avoid potential credit score issues in the future.

5. Can I still receive my order if my credit card payment was declined?

If your credit card payment was declined, your order may still be processed and shipped if you have provided an alternative payment method or have resolved the issue with your credit card company. If your payment cannot be processed, your order may be canceled. It's best to contact our customer service team for assistance in these situations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • pamperedkel
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
rennea
  • wadesgirl