• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Declined Credit Card: Crafting a Solution for Guests

In summary, the customer's card was declined and they needed to find another way to pay. The customer wanted to use the new card number for the order on the show.
ChefJoyJ
I had a guest at my last show mention that she had 3 food choppers (no clue why she needs three, but anyway...) and she needed to order 2 new clear collars. So, the $15.90 bill was payed by CC. The same CC that paid for a $156 order.

HO called me today and told me the CC for the $15.90 was declined. :eek: I haven't submitted the show yet...

I need to call the guest and let them know their card was declined and ask for a new card or other form of payment. What do you say in situations like this? What is your declined card call script? :confused:

I just simply let them know that the HO had trouble processing their card, would she like to try a different card? Keep it short and simple- less pain for both of you :p

"...I just received a call from PC and I must of entered something wrong when I put in your CC information (this way it's my fault)! ...oh, that IS the number I have, PC is having problems with that is there another card we could try?"

And you may want to ask if she wants to go ahead and use the new card # for the Order on the show as well.

cindylpal said:
"...I just received a call from PC and I must of entered something wrong when I put in your CC information (this way it's my fault)! ...oh, that IS the number I have, PC is having problems with that is there another card we could try?"

Love it! Thanks! :thumbup:

esavvymom said:
And you may want to ask if she wants to go ahead and use the new card # for the Order on the show as well.

Oh, I'm planning on it... :rolleyes:

Before you call the customer, call HO and tell them to walk it to finance & run it manually thru finance as a debit card with veriphone this is my ONLY complaint with PC it may take up to 2 days but I ALWAYS do this before calling the customer

1. Why was my credit card declined?

There could be several reasons why your credit card was declined. Some common reasons include insufficient funds, an expired card, or incorrect billing information. It's best to contact your credit card issuer for more specific details.

2. Can I still place an order if my credit card was declined?

Yes, you can still place an order with a different form of payment. We also offer the option to pay with PayPal or a Pampered Chef gift card.

3. Will my declined credit card affect my credit score?

No, your credit score will not be affected if your credit card is declined for a purchase. The only time your credit score may be impacted is if you miss a payment or have a high credit utilization ratio.

4. How can I update my credit card information?

To update your credit card information, you can log into your Pampered Chef account and go to the "Payment Methods" section. From there, you can add or remove credit cards and update any necessary information.

5. What should I do if my credit card is declined but I know I have enough funds?

If you know you have enough funds on your credit card but it was still declined, we recommend contacting your credit card issuer to ensure there are no issues on their end. If the problem persists, you may need to try a different form of payment or reach out to our Customer Care team for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pamperedkel