• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deceptive Direct Sales Tactics or Just a Misunderstanding?

In summary, the other direct sales company's rep came to my house to take before and after shots for her portfolio for her business and tried to get me to become a consultant. I told her that I was committed to PC and that I wasn't interested in becoming a consultant for her company.
I do love that we work for the best home based business. We have such great products and the best host benefits that we never have to deceive anyone to have a show. Often times people ask me to do a show for them.
Read the Pampered Chef story by Doris and you will understand that desire for her company was to be different (in a good way) than all other home based businesses including the one we know you are talking about.

Doing your best to help someone else out isn't naive. It's being kind and courteous. There are, of course, those people who take advantage of people who are kind and courteous. We have names for them, but I don't use language like that.Chin up, Carolyn. Don't give that, well, twiddlehead (as The Furry Guy refers to them) another thought. She doesn't deserve time in your head.

pamperedlinda said:
Those of you older than 40 - remember when you could call a phone number for the current local time and date? That's the number I used to give out!

LOL - this brought back memories! It still works, too (just tried it) - and I only remember it as TI6-1212 with the letters first. DH and I have documents from when we were kids with our phone numbers written with the first 2 numbers as letters, too! I believe that started when they went from 5 numbers in a phone number to 7, to make it easier ("KIngswood 4" would be "KI4"). Thanks for digging up that fond memory. Now, off to find out of the weather number still works...;)

chefmeg said:
I still remember my phone # from when I was a kid

My mom still has my phone # from when I was a kid, although with a different area code now. :)

I was with M company and when my now director suggested that I do PC (we had lots of time to talk my guest were 1hr late!) I said ooh no I got burned with M company and i would NEVER get myself in to anything like that again. BUT... i was looking for $$ to pay off the insane debt that i occured while with M company while still staying at home with my little one. It was my husband who told me to go for it.. (only cause most of what i wanted was in the new consutant kit) I was like are you serious...i'm we're drowding in M debt!!! anyways i'm here!! and i have to say so far GREAT!! no one has tried to run the other way when i show them a book. and the Online Training is awsome!!!

as for "thier" training.. there is non, it's whatever your director tells you and that portfoilo thing is a HUGE thing that is told to consultants.. they basically tell you tell them anything you can to get them to sit with you!!! Something that I never liked but now need to distance myself from. Like that ooh i'll just pencil you in thing... why bother.. if they don't want to book why waste my time/or money!!!

so please any feel free to send my the RIGHT way to do D.sales!!!!!

What was really bad was we had our January Kickoff and went to a restaurant afterwards. Well, a lot of different people had placed a business card on this one table near the front of the restaurant. About a week later I get this call and at first I thought it was someone wanting biz info. It was someone from another DS biz (don't recall from where) asking me to meet them somewhere for an informational meeting and they wouldn't take very much of my time. I wasn't happy! She wasted my card on trying to benefit herself!!! The nerve!

<h2>1. What exactly are deceptive direct sales tactics?</h2><p>Deceptive direct sales tactics refer to any tactics used by a salesperson to mislead or manipulate a potential customer into making a purchase or joining their company. These tactics can include making false promises, using high-pressure sales techniques, or withholding important information about the product or company.</p><h2>2. Is it common for direct sales representatives to use deceptive tactics?</h2><p>While not all direct sales representatives use deceptive tactics, unfortunately it is not uncommon for some to do so. This is why it is important for consumers to be aware of these tactics and know their rights as a customer.</p><h2>3. How can I protect myself from falling for deceptive direct sales tactics?</h2><p>One way to protect yourself is to do your research before making a purchase or joining a company. Look into the company's reputation and read reviews from other customers. Also, don't be afraid to ask questions and clarify any information that seems unclear or too good to be true. Trust your instincts and don't feel pressured to make a decision on the spot.</p><h2>4. What should I do if I feel like I have been a victim of deceptive direct sales tactics?</h2><p>If you feel like you have been taken advantage of by a direct sales representative, you should first try to resolve the issue with the company directly. If that does not work, you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission or your state's Attorney General's office. You can also report the deceptive tactics to the Direct Selling Association, which is a trade association for the direct sales industry.</p><h2>5. How can I differentiate between a genuine networking opportunity and a deceptive direct sales tactic?</h2><p>A genuine networking opportunity will usually involve making connections and building relationships with other professionals in your industry, without any pressure to make a purchase or join a company. If a networking opportunity turns into a sales pitch or if you feel like you are being pressured to buy something, it is likely a deceptive direct sales tactic. Trust your instincts and don't be afraid to say no or walk away if you feel uncomfortable.</p>

1. What exactly are deceptive direct sales tactics?

Deceptive direct sales tactics refer to any tactics used by a salesperson to mislead or manipulate a potential customer into making a purchase or joining their company. These tactics can include making false promises, using high-pressure sales techniques, or withholding important information about the product or company.

2. Is it common for direct sales representatives to use deceptive tactics?

While not all direct sales representatives use deceptive tactics, unfortunately it is not uncommon for some to do so. This is why it is important for consumers to be aware of these tactics and know their rights as a customer.

3. How can I protect myself from falling for deceptive direct sales tactics?

One way to protect yourself is to do your research before making a purchase or joining a company. Look into the company's reputation and read reviews from other customers. Also, don't be afraid to ask questions and clarify any information that seems unclear or too good to be true. Trust your instincts and don't feel pressured to make a decision on the spot.

4. What should I do if I feel like I have been a victim of deceptive direct sales tactics?

If you feel like you have been taken advantage of by a direct sales representative, you should first try to resolve the issue with the company directly. If that does not work, you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission or your state's Attorney General's office. You can also report the deceptive tactics to the Direct Selling Association, which is a trade association for the direct sales industry.

5. How can I differentiate between a genuine networking opportunity and a deceptive direct sales tactic?

A genuine networking opportunity will usually involve making connections and building relationships with other professionals in your industry, without any pressure to make a purchase or join a company. If a networking opportunity turns into a sales pitch or if you feel like you are being pressured to buy something, it is likely a deceptive direct sales tactic. Trust your instincts and don't be afraid to say no or walk away if you feel uncomfortable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
frozenchef
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • DanielleQ