• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

December Specials: Share Your Thoughts!

The Guest Specials are great, but I don't think I'll ever sell the carving board at full price. I think alot of people will up their order just to get something for free, and so far, the response to the mini whisk has been good. I also like the spend $50 and get a free item specials.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Hey everyone! What do you guys think of the December Specials? I'm not too sure how I feel about them. Let me know..... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• gs_05dec.pdf
    66.6 KB · Views: 791
  • hs_05dec.pdf
    80.4 KB · Views: 739
People seem to like the mini whisk but I'm never very crazy about the guest specials that they have to purchase $50 in product to get. I'm on the fence with the host special since in Oct and Nov they have so many choices.By the way how did you get these? I've been waiting for them to post on the website.

SpecialsThe Host Special doesn't WOW me, but the Guest Special is something that should work well for me. Alot of guests will up their order just to get something for free, and so far, the response to the mini whisk has been good for me!

I guess they are so-so, I thought they would do something spectacular for christmas, but I guess not...how did you get them already...I have been watching for them too b/c I have my first host coaching meetings with dec. hosts here soon!!!

The guest special is great, but I have never been crazy about the carving board. I don't like that it is several pieces glued together, so you have to be careful when you wash it, especially if someone else is washing it for you. And, the price is a little much. There may be some hosts in my area choose it at the 60% off price, but I doubt I ever sell one at full price.

shawnna

I have the carving board and love it, but I don't know that I will get very many bookings because of it. I do however, have people that love the new measuring cups and would be more likely to host a show to get those at 60% off even tough they don't cost that much to begin with. I do like the whisk idea. I hear a lot of compliments on it at my shows.

Shawnna, don't let the glued construction put you off--it's actually my favorite characteristic of the carving board. I use phrases like "heirloom quality" and "crafted piece-by-piece construction" which makes it more durable. My brother-in-law is a woodworker and pointed me here for more information--

http://www.rjfinewood.com/veneer_furniture_verses_solid_woood.htm

Hope it's helpful!

Last edited:
To get the specials ahead of time, open up a current pdf (i.e. the oct specials), on the navigation bar at the top, replace "oct" with "dec" and hit enter. The December specials will come up. You can usually do this a week or so before they post on CC. This will also work with the next issue of Kitchen Consultant News.

Dawn Trudell
Independent Kitchen Consultant
Fort Wayne, IN

Wow!I just got a catalog show order for the carving board and I was psyched to have sold one. It's a beautiful piece - I'm a new consultant so I haven't been able to earn it yet but I think that hosts who like to entertain will love adding this piece to their collections. Quality wood and bamboo cutting boards are expensive but worth it. I think it will help book shows - they can always use it for a gift for someone else.

I also like the spend $50 and get a free item specials - It does make it easier to boost sales when people are close they'll spend that extra $10. It's a sales gimick but it works.

Has any Canadian consultants..been able to get this trick to work for us? I've tried it before and again just now and even though I change it to Dec it just comes up this page is not available blah, blah, blah!!! So frustrating since I KNOW it can be done in the US and that their specials are not the same as ours :mad:

I actually think both specials are nice. The host special didn't "wow" me at first. BUT large bamboo cutting boards or cutting blocks are kind of a kitchen trend I've noticed. If you watch Food Network, almost all the chefs work on one...Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa), Rachel Ray, etc. Ofourse their's may be more expensive though. Look for one next time you watch. That might be someting you can bring up to a potential host ;) . Just a thought!

I love the December specials.
I think host are going to want this carving board to use with the roasting pan. Show ever Oct host the flyer and they wouls propbably book for Dec. Now they may not want to do a kitchen show but catalog shows counts.
I am also planning on hosting a Dec. show so I can get it for 60% off if I don't earn it in a super bonus before then.

Charlene

Guest Specials... Spend $50 Get ..........As a customer of PC for 10 years, I really don't care for those types of specials ( such as the Dec Guest Special). It works for people who can easily spend that much money. I would prefer a special every month of something being 20%, 30% or 40% off. It's better when you have more of a variety of items on sale. One year in September the stoneware was a certain % off. As a host I sold a lot of stoneware. Or I like it when they lower the price of the cookbooks to $9.99. This is just my opinion. But I thought I would throw my 2 cent in. ;)

I with TriciaAnn

My guests buy more when there is is a % off vs. the FREE with $50 or more offers.

Also where did you get the Dec. specials from, Kristi? :rolleyes:

I think the carving board is nice. I personally would probably not use it very often, but I still like it. Our director pointed out at a cluster that this is not a cutting board like on the Food Network. It is a carving board made specifically for carving a roast, turkey, chicken,etc.

kitchenqueen said:
I actually think both specials are nice. The host special didn't "wow" me at first. BUT large bamboo cutting boards or cutting blocks are kind of a kitchen trend I've noticed. If you watch Food Network, almost all the chefs work on one...Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa), Rachel Ray, etc. Ofourse their's may be more expensive though. Look for one next time you watch. That might be someting you can bring up to a potential host ;) . Just a thought!

My director has stressed to our cluster that the carving board was made specifically for carving roasts, turkeys, chickens, etc. It was not actually designed to be a cutting board like on the Food Network.

JanuaryI wonder what they have planned? I was booked solid last January with the double-points. I wonder if they have something REALLY SPECIAL planned and what it will be now that they have done away with the points system.

I'm with TriciaTricia, you're absolutely right. I've been a consultant for 5 years now, and a previous customer for 2 years prior! This is NOT the greatest Host special that has been put before us! :(

I don't mind either special, but girls, we've just got to be creative & come up with selling ideas to push the specials! ;) Start thinking about selling & booking Holiday parties for the FREE & discounted PRESENTS that can be EARNED, not BOUGHT by a HOST for the holidays!

Good luck to all & Happy Cooking! :D

I was told by my director that they have done away with the point system
so who knows what is up in January.

I personally love the free w/$50 specials. August was tremendous for me...

Mom4kanda said:
I with TriciaAnn

My guests buy more when there is is a % off vs. the FREE with $50 or more offers.

Also where did you get the Dec. specials from, Kristi? :rolleyes:

I pulled November specials up and changed the nov to say dec and hit enter. I got the specials that way! :) I've done it for KCN's as well.

PampMomof3 said:
I pulled November specials up and changed the nov to say dec and hit enter. I got the specials that way! :) I've done it for KCN's as well.

You're sneaky! I like that!! ;)

I actually learned from my recruiter but I do love to be able to find things out fast! I even put in my newsletter the december specials and hope that someone loves it and calls me to book a show! :)

I hate waiting to find out from PC to post it. I wonder when they are going to post the specials for us???

Been thinking about it ever since I read the threadKristi,
Bravo for you! You taught me something new today. Just figured out on my own after reading where you posted the first thread! Thanks!

I have to say, tried Jan.06 and didn't work, so H.O. must be trying to throw us off!

I love this web-site!!!! I've learned so much in the last month that it's ridiculous!

Thanks everyone!

I'm Confused!! It's NOT hard to do!!How do you do this again? I'm normally very good at this kinda thing, but can't for the life of me figure out how you all are getting the specials.

HELP

I agree with Donna, I wasnt sure where to type the December in place of the November...I too need a little guidance! ;)

go to consultants corner then to host/guest specials pull up october's host special and when it comes up, in the address bar you will se a spot where oct is written, replace oct with dec and hit enter. you will then see december's host special. repaet using the guest special. you can also do it for outside order forms, but I think we can only go as far as nov. on those

if you need more hekp fell free to e-mail or call me, my # is on my website www.pamperedchef.biz/lauren

It doesn't work here in Canada. I would love to know what is for Dec.It doesn't work here in Canada. I would love to know what is for Dec.

Thanks Lauren, I DID IT!!!

you're welcome....glad i could help!

that is the coolest trick. thanks.

1. What are the "December Specials"?

The "December Specials" refer to any promotions or deals that are being offered during the month of December, typically by retailers and businesses as part of the holiday season.

2. How do I find the December Specials?

You can find the December Specials by checking the websites or social media pages of your favorite retailers and businesses, or by signing up for their email newsletters to receive updates on their promotions.

3. Are the December Specials worth it?

It depends on the specific deals and your personal preferences. Some people might find the December Specials to be great bargains, while others may not be interested in the offerings. It's always a good idea to compare prices and do some research before making a purchase.

4. Do the December Specials only apply to holiday-related items?

No, the December Specials can include a variety of products and services, not just holiday-related ones. Some businesses may offer discounts on their regular items or services as part of their December Specials.

5. How can I share my thoughts on the December Specials?

You can share your thoughts on the December Specials by leaving reviews, ratings, or comments on the retailer or business's website or social media pages. You can also reach out directly to the company's customer service department to provide feedback.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • chefmeg
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pcheftammy
  • donnajocooper