• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Easy and Impressive December Recipes for Your Holiday Shows!

In summary, the author is at a loss for what to make for their December shows. They have been using the DCB and 12" Skillet at all their shows in the past 6 months, but are thinking about what to do for the Easy and Impressive Appetizers theme show. They are thinking about the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie as the dessert and are also thinking about the Potato Chowder.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
I'm at a loss for what to make at my December shows! I have been using the DCB and 12" Skillet at all my shows in the past 6 months. I have sold the DCB at full price many times and both are great booking incentives.

I usually try to stay away from individual portions since they take so long, but with the holiday season, I'm thinking the Easy and Impressive Appetizers theme show is nice. However, the apple brie bite thingies don't look like they have enough steps to be very interactive.

I'm thinking the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie as the dessert - I have been giving an extra incentive to my hosts to give me a guest list of over 40 people. When they do that, I bring the ingredients for the dessert. That one is simple and I love it!

I'm also thinking about the potato chowder, but I might do that in January in lieu of my normal Smashed Potato Soup.

What are you all doing?

I haven't even thought about it yet! Is the Molten Skillet Brownie the PC recipe from '05?

I have been doing the Potato Chowder in November and it's not wowing like I thought it would and sales are down. The fajitas or the pork tenderloin are a much better wow for the DCB.In Dec I'm doing Homemade for the Holidays. I'll probably do the pretzel wreaths with the almond bark and I'm not sure what else. Last year I did those and the brownie lollipops, but I won't do the lollipops again.

Yes, the lollipops do take a lot of effort. However, they are nice to have to sell at booths.

I'm offering theme shows (see my website) and mostly people do the bevs & bites or chocolate bliss. I'm selling at least a baker a show doing the microwave cake in it.

Since I've been doing the Chowder, I've been selling at least 1 DCB at each show. That's funny Deb because even with the fajitas I didn't sell that many. For me the Chowder has been a hit!!

I did the chowder in September. I didn't sell as many bakers with it as I do the fajitas. I sell the most when I use the baker for a lava cake, though. Maybe it's the buildup I give it... I tell people that before I go any further with the dessert, I want them to understand that I am happily married. The reason I tell them this is that when they try the cake, their first reaction will be to ask me to marry them. Now I know that once the chocolate euphoria wears off they will realize it's not really me they want to marry. They simply want easy access to make this cake, and I will be more than happy to give them access to the tools with which to make it so easily.
I am doing fajitas this month, and next month I will probably do a turkey recipe... what to do with leftover turkey. Since I will be doing that, I will make the lava cake as well. I start it once the ingredients are all together and it doesn't take any more time.

Okay, post the recipe for the lava cake!!

What is the lava cake recipe?

OMG! So flipping easy!1 box cake mix mixed as package directs right in the Baker. 1 can frosting dollopped on top. Bake in micro 12 minutes. I serve it with the beaded spoon.They all flip over it! And the ones who already have the baker love seeing this done as it shows even more versatility!

Hmmm....so, Lava Cake in the DCB is a go! What should I do in the 12" skillet and/or should I do something like the Apple Brie bites? I have to get the shows set up on my PWS and like to use the theme email invites.

I always do the Skillet Lasagna from the 29 Mins V1 in the 12". It's an awesome demo and I have a gas burner I take with me when I make it so everyone can see what I'm doing. No one believes you can make the pasta that way and that it will turn out. It's another huge WOW! :)

hmmm...I do have an electric burner that I use so the stirrer doesn't have to have their back to the rest of us. Is it close to $2 per serving for the lasagna?

Thanks Colleen! I am home with a sick beebee and left to take him to the doctor. Oh the joys of strep.... the contagious joy with three children under 5.... sigh...*

finley1991 said:
OMG! So flipping easy!

1 box cake mix mixed as package directs right in the Baker. 1 can frosting dollopped on top. Bake in micro 12 minutes. I serve it with the beaded spoon.

They all flip over it! And the ones who already have the baker love seeing this done as it shows even more versatility!

You use a whole can of frosting? Have to?

DebbieJ said:
I have been doing the Potato Chowder in November and it's not wowing like I thought it would and sales are down. The fajitas or the pork tenderloin are a much better wow for the DCB.

In Dec I'm doing Homemade for the Holidays. I'll probably do the pretzel wreaths with the almond bark and I'm not sure what else. Last year I did those and the brownie lollipops, but I won't do the lollipops again.

I have been doing Baker recipes since spring and sell a bunch, and I made the Potato Chowder at my show friday and was surprised at the wow-less response too!
Not sure what I will do for my Dec shows yet...

i love the skillet lasagna colleen! i have never done it as a demo though, i love bringing your own burner too....wonder if i wound cause any damage with that...
i think i am making that lava cake tonight!! it sounds SOOOOOO GOOOOOD!!!

Chef Kearns said:
You use a whole can of frosting? Have to?

I don't think you have to... but no one argues with me when I do! ;)

Hmmm...I also kinda want to show off the bamboo - med bowl and/or large platter to get people to fill in any open Jan dates - ideas on that?

Do you put the lid on the DCB with the cake?

no you don't want the lid on

chefkugler said:

Nope. Just put it in... if it doesn't have a turntable or is too big to turn, you'll need to rotate half-way through. :)

chefkugler said:

I do. Did you know you have to enter 10 characters to post a message?:yuck::D

beckyjsmith said:
I do. Did you know you have to enter 10 characters to post a message?:yuck::D

see i don't put the lid on it. hmm

OMG!!! I just made the lava cake....colleen you may be my hero! it is SOOO Good! can't wait to tell everyone about this!

I did mine with chocolate cake and chocolate icing....can you do any flavor of each?

pckrissy said:
I did mine with chocolate cake and chocolate icing....can you do any flavor of each?

Yes... but chocolate is the best! :)

Thanks Colleen! The chocolate was soo good...i think i have a tummy ache now..LOL

I did the Chowder again tonight and sold 4 more DCB in a crowd of 10!! I'm sold on the Chowder!! I don't know what the difference is. If it is the reicpe or if I have a renewed excitement about the DCB?! I'm saying the same things!

My favorite cake is a devils food w/the coconut pecan frosting.................YUMMO!!!

What are some easy and impressive December recipes for holiday shows?

As a scientist and cooking enthusiast, I have compiled a list of the top 5 frequently asked questions about easy and impressive December recipes for holiday shows:

What are the best kitchen tools to use for holiday cooking?

The DCB (Deep Covered Baker) and 12" Skillet are great options for holiday cooking as they offer versatility and can handle a variety of dishes. Plus, they make great booking incentives if you sell them at full price!

What are some popular dishes to make for holiday shows?

Individual portions can be time-consuming, so for the holiday season, try hosting an Easy and Impressive Appetizers theme show. Some popular dishes for this theme include apple brie bites and molten chocolate skillet brownies. These dishes may not have many steps, but they are still delicious and can be easily prepared with the help of your guests.

Do you have any tips for getting more guests at holiday shows?

Offering an extra incentive to your hosts for bringing in a guest list of over 40 people is a great way to boost attendance. You can also consider bringing in the ingredients for a delicious dessert, like the molten chocolate skillet brownie, to entice guests to attend.

What other dishes can I make for my holiday shows?

If you want to mix things up, consider making a potato chowder instead of your usual Smashed Potato Soup. This dish is hearty and perfect for the colder months, making it a great addition to any holiday show menu.

What are some ways to make my holiday show more interactive?

One way to make your holiday show more interactive is by involving your guests in the cooking process. For example, you can have them help assemble the apple brie bites or stir the potato chowder. This will not only make the show more engaging, but it will also allow your guests to learn new cooking skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cheftiffany