1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings December demo idea for large crowd

1. 75317

I have a host who intends to invite 54 people, women and their spouses. YEAH! Initially, we discussed doing a men vs. women show, but now she says that she's not interested in that. She wants a more Christmas theme/focus. This host is a pastor's wife and fairly new to her congregation, so I'm thinking that she's inviting the whole church and that this may turn out to be more like an open house. I'm fine with it either way but am wondering, given these circumstances, what I should plan on in the way of food and/or a demo. Any suggestions/

Nov 15, 2005
  2. bbauman07

bbauman07 Veteran Member Gold Member

Check out this thread in the theme shows section here __new and Need Christmas Show ideas! I posted a few Chrostmas documents there. I hope this helps.

Nov 15, 2005
  3. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

Be savy when you plan this.

I did a show in September where the host had me send out 59 invites. a Couples show. I planned my food according to the number of people who did RSVP. there were 28 or 29 people in her home that night.
    Between the two of us we spent about $100.
    Well. We had a grand old time and got 8 orders amounting to $277.
    Yikes. Was I ticked. Apparently the people she invited did not realize she was working toward getting stuff. What she got was a headache, a mess and lost money even with the few freebies and discounts she got.
    So be forwarned. You have no controll on what happens when that many people show up. So makes sure the host holds the burden of cost.

Nov 15, 2005
  4. PCBeliever

PCBeliever Novice Member

I know when they invite a lot of people we get excited, but I would wait until about 4-5 days before the show before picking a recipe. At that point, she should have a realistic head count... be it 12 or 25.

I recomment the double chocolate swirl bread... it's 4 small loaves and if everyone only enjoys one slice it can feed up to 24 people easily.

Melody

Nov 17, 2005
Have something to add?