• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Do People Blame Me for Their Overdraft?”

In summary, as a Pampered Chef consultant, it's important to remember that you are not responsible for customers' financial choices and should not be blamed for any overdraft fees they may incur. If a customer does try to blame you, it's important to remain calm and professional, apologize for any inconvenience, and offer to help them find ways to save money on their next purchase. To prevent customers from blaming you, communicate prices and fees clearly and encourage them to track their spending. While it's unfortunately common for customers to try to blame others for their financial mistakes, it's important to stay professional and focus on providing excellent customer service. In rare cases where a customer refuses to pay and blames you, seek assistance from your team leader or customer
chefkathy
Even though I explain to people that their card won't be charged til we turn the order in so just assume the money is spent, why do they still blame me when they get an overdraft?I had a show that was held up by a declined card for waaaay too long. Another gal who used her debit on that show just emailed me asking why I waited so long to put her card through because now she is in the negative. She must have overdraft protection because the show is not on hold, thank God. I just wish people would LISTEN to me when I explain this to them!!!! I cannot be held responsible for YOUR lack of bookkeeping!

Wow, Deb, I have never had anyone say this. I have had them crab me out because their card was declined even with a large balance but never this.

Must be the "winners" are coming out of the woodwork!!!

And about people not listening...it is rampid in our nation. People complain about kids not listening but fail to realize they are as bad or worse than their own children.

1. Why do people blame me for their overdraft?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you may find yourself dealing with customers who are upset about overdraft fees on their accounts. It's important to remember that you are not to blame for these fees. Customers are responsible for managing their own finances and keeping track of their spending.

2. What should I do if a customer blames me for their overdraft?

If a customer is upset about overdraft fees and tries to blame you, it's important to remain calm and professional. Apologize for any inconvenience they may have experienced, but remind them that you are not responsible for their financial choices. Offer to help them find ways to save money on their next purchase with Pampered Chef.

3. How can I prevent customers from blaming me for their overdraft?

While you cannot control how customers handle their finances, there are some steps you can take to prevent them from blaming you for their overdraft. Make sure to clearly communicate the prices of products and any additional fees, such as shipping and handling, to customers before they make a purchase. Encourage customers to keep track of their spending and budget accordingly.

4. Is it common for customers to blame Pampered Chef consultants for their overdraft?

Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for customers to try to blame others for their financial mistakes. As a Pampered Chef consultant, it's important to remember that this is not a reflection of your abilities or character. Stay professional and focus on providing excellent customer service.

5. What should I do if a customer blames me for their overdraft and refuses to pay for their order?

In rare cases, a customer may refuse to pay for their order and try to blame you for their financial situation. In this situation, it's important to contact your team leader or customer service for assistance. Explain the situation and provide any necessary documentation, such as receipts and communication with the customer. Remember to remain calm and professional throughout the process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJenni
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • kcjodih
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamela
  • amy07