• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Debit Card Rejection: Solutions and Advice

In summary, a party sent in a morning, and found an email asking them to call the solution center with two cards being declined. The customer was told to enter the information manually or to run the card again.
shano
Im not sure where to put this. If this is in the wrong spot it can be moved. I sent in a party this morning, by 10 am, and this evening I found an email from the solution center asking me to call them. Two people used their cards and the cards were rejected. Has anyone had this problem before? I would like some advice. Thank you.

It happens!Credit cards and debit cards get declined all of the time! :eek: I just call the customer and tell them I need to confirm their CC# to make sure I didn't put the # or expiration date in wrong. If the # or date was wrong, that was your problem! :rolleyes:

If the information is correct, I tell the customer that their card was declined and ask them what form of payment they would like to use instead. Many are happy to either have you run the same card again, or give you another card, or pay cash. (if a debit card is declined, I won't take a check...just in case it bounces!)

I let the customer know that they whole show is on hold until we get payment resolved. Then call HO with your payment resolution! :D

on debit cards, sometimes they can be declined because the purchase is larger than the daily limit is set on their card...or if it is a newer card and they haven't made a purchase like that, so fraud picks up on it-and declines it until they can get ahold of the customer to verify they are in possession of the card. there can also be a pending deposit that has not been added to the available balance yet.
ask me how I know all this ;) :p

Does anyone just try to run it a second time before they call-or do you call right away?

HAve them do it manually!!!I have had this happen a couple of times with a specific bank card, (I have one also), and I just asked them to enter it in manually. Sometimes with the security code on back it must be entered manually. Then it is fine! Try that. Paying with CC is so much better than having to deal with checks. For some reason some cards have to be entered this way. Thanks, Debbie

Thanks for all the advice! I had to call the resolution dept. Turns out a guest who ordered on the website entered her number wrong but then the second one was my fault!! I entered her expiration date wrong. Boy, do I feel stupid about that. I got lucky and it was an important lesson. :eek: Thanks!

I had a CC declined, and the owner of the card couldn't figure it out! It was a new card, she only used it once to buy gas for about $15...
After much confusion and talking back and forth with HO and the CC holder(Host)... Home Office said, 'we'll run it as a debit card'... that worked... Running it as a CC versus a Debit card made a difference... :confused:

1. Why was my debit card declined?

There are several reasons why your debit card may have been declined. It could be due to insufficient funds, incorrect card information, a temporary hold from your bank, or suspected fraud activity. If you are unsure, it is best to contact your bank for more information.

2. How do I know if my debit card was rejected due to insufficient funds?

If your debit card was declined due to insufficient funds, you will typically receive a notification from your bank. You can also check your bank account balance to see if there are enough funds to cover the transaction.

3. What should I do if my debit card is declined for suspected fraud activity?

If your debit card is declined for suspected fraud activity, you should contact your bank immediately. They may have placed a hold on your card for security reasons and will need to verify the recent transactions with you before removing the hold.

4. Can I still use my debit card if it has been declined?

If your debit card has been declined, you will not be able to use it for that specific transaction. However, you may still be able to use it for other purchases, depending on the reason for the rejection. It is best to contact your bank for further clarification.

5. How can I prevent my debit card from being rejected in the future?

To prevent your debit card from being rejected in the future, make sure you have enough funds in your account and that you are entering the correct card information. It is also a good idea to regularly monitor your account for any suspicious activity and report it to your bank immediately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Adrian
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • chef.katie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefsteph07