• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Death by Chocolate

In summary, Sally Frick has shared some delicious recipes and fun activities for a "Death by Chocolate" show. These include a chocolate chip cheeseball, Mexican chocolate cake, chocolate nachos, and chocolate peanut butter PMS delight. Some cute tips for the show include eating melted chocolate from your hands and using chocolate-covered fruit as a healthy snack. Thank you, Sally, for these amazing ideas!
DebPC
Staff member
Let's all thank Sally Frick for passing along these great recipes and fun activities for Death by Chocolate shows.
Subject: Re: chocolate show
Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
1 8 oz. pkg. of cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1/4 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
2 tbs. brown sugar
3/4 chocolate chips (semi sweet)
3/4 cup chopped pecans
graham crackers
Beat cream cheese, buter and vanilla until fluffy. Add confectioners and brown sugar, beat just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. REFIGERATE 2 hours. Shape into ball. CHILL for another hour. Roll in pecans. Serve with graham crackers (and for all of you who need more chocolate, make them chocolate graham crackers!!) Mexican Chocolate Cake 1/4 c. almonds, chopped 3 eggs 16 oz. sour cream 1 pkg. devil's food cake mix 6 ounces mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels 2 t. Kor. Cinnamon 1 T. sugar 8 oz. Cool Whip divided. In a nutshell: Mix the eggs, sour cream, cake mix 1 1/2 t. of the cinnamon, 1/2 the chocolate chips. Pour into fluted pan that has been spritzed with oil. Microwave on high for 11 to 14 minutes OR bake in a 350 oven for about 35 minutes. Cool ten minutes in pan/stone. Invert on plate and top with remaining cinnamon and sugar (mixed together in FSS). Mix the rest of the chips with half of the Cool Whip in saucepan or small batter bowl on low heat. Stir until becomes smooth and shiny. Drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with nuts. CHOCOLATE NACHOS flour tortillas butter cinammon/ sugar chocolate chips caramel topping ( optional) nuts strawberries ( optional) melt butter in micro cooker and brush onto flour tortillas using pastry brush. sprinkle with cinammon sugar from the FS shaker (using PC cinammon of course). cut into wedges with pizza cutter and bake on any large stone ( bar pan, round or rect) at 350* for about 8 minutes or until golden. do most ahead of time and demo only one tortilla. melt choclate chips in small saucepan from your professional cookware ( dont have cookware? use your batter bowl in the microwave). pile a layer "chips" on the platter, drizzle with melted chocolate ( and heated caramel topping if preferred).. continue layering until you have used all the chips.chop nuts using food chopper and sprinkle over the top. you may also add some sliced strawberries to the top and a beautiful strawberry fan as an accent ( use your egg slicer plus for
this) this can go back in the oven ( if there are no strawberries) to reheat if the chocolate gets too hard. Her name is Meiling Patterson in Massachusetts so give credit where credit is due please.. we dont measure so this is the best way i can give you the recipe debbi raffall Chocolate Peanut Butter PMS Delight 2-Boxes of Duncan Hines-Milk Chocolate Chunk Brownies (8x8 pan size) 8 oz Reese Peanut Butter Cups (divided in two 4 oz portions, putting one portion into the fridge, until the brownies are cooled) 1/2 c Creamy Peanut Butter 2 c 10x Confectioners Sugar 4-6 Tbs. Milk Brownies Make brownies according to directions, also add 4oz of chopped Reese Cups into batter and put in the Family skillet (or 9 x 13 Baker). Bake for 32 minutes at 350 deg. Let the brownies cool in the pan for about 3-5 min. Then flip out onto the 15" stone. (If using 9 x 13 Baker it may be better to leave it in the pan) Completely cool. Icing Mix peanut butter and sugar together, adding 1 tablespoon of milk at a time to a Creamy Consistency. Then spread 3/4 on top of brownies put the rest in the Easy Accent Decorator and decorate the top (I don't usually do this but I'm sure it works well). Then grate the chilled Reece's on top using the large drum of the Deluxe Cheese Grater.
Some cute things maybe you can use them in "Death by Choc Show" If you have melted chocolate on your hands, you're eating it too slowly. Chocolate covered raisins, cherries, orange slices and strawberries all count as fruit, so eat as many as you want. How do you get 2 pounds of chocolate home from the store in a hot car? Eat it in the parking lot. Diet tip: Eat a chocolate bar before each meal. It takes the edge off your appetite and you will eat less. A nice box of chocolates provides your total daily intake of calories at one time, eliminating the need to count! If you can't eat all the chocolate, it will keep in the freezer. If calories are an issue with you, store your chocolate on top of the refrigerator. Calories are basically afraid of heights, and they will tend to jump out of the chocolate to protect themselves. Eat equal amounts of dark chocolate and white chocolate. That's called a balanced diet. Money talks. Chocolate sings! Chocolate has many preservatives. Preservatives make you look younger. The reason there is no such organization as Chocoholics Anonymous is that no-one wants to quit. If not for chocolate, there may be no need for "control-top" pantyhose. If you quit eating chocolate, a whole garment industry may be devastated, and unemployment may soar. Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, you will be certain to accomplish one of your daily tasks. THE CHOCOLATE TEST If you were buying candy and you had your choice of one of the following, which would you choose? BABY RUTH 3 MUSKETEERS BUTTER FINGERS SNICKERS HERSHEY'S ALMOND JOY with ALMONDS CLARK BAR GOOD'n'PLENTY ENERGY BAR OK-Now that we have your choice, this is what research says about you. SO think carefully what your choice will be. ... BABY RUTH - Sweet, loving, cuddly. You love all warm fuzzy items. A little nutty. Sometimes you need a little something to eat at the end of the day-like an ice cream cone. 3 MUSKETEERS - You are adventurous, love new ideas, are a champion of underdogs and a slayer of dragons. When tempers flare up, you whip out your saber. BUTTER FINGERS - Smooth articulate, you are an excellent after-dinner speaker and a good teacher. But don't try to walk and chew gum at the same time. SNICKERS - Fun-loving, sassy, humorous. Everyone enjoys being around you. But you are a practical joker-others should be cautious in shaking hands! HERSHEY'S - Romantic, warm, loving. You care about other people and can be counted on in a pinch. You tend to melt and get gushy if held too close. ALMOND JOY with ALMONDS - Sexy, always ready to give and receive, very energetic, and really like to get into life. The opposite sex is always attracted to you. CLARK BAR - You like sports, whether baseball, football, basketball or soccer. If you could, you would like to participate, but enjoy watching sports. You don't like to give up the remote control. GOOD'N'PLENTY - You are a very fun loving person, who likes to laugh. You are fun to be with. People like to go to the movies with you. Children find you amusing. You are a very warm hearted person. ENERGY BAR - You are very active. You are so active, life is passing you by. Get a life!!!! And enjoy it! Want to do a Death By Chocolate show? Here's some "food for thought" to share during your demo to make it even more fun! Since beans are vegetables, and cocoa is made from cacao beans, is chocolate a vegetable? If white chocolate is chocolate because it has cocoa butter, is suntan lotion with cocoa butter edible? Is chocolate really the food of the gods? Is carob the long-predicted evil anti-chocolate? If you answered Who Cares, No, Of Course, and Yes to the above four questions, you're probably a chocoholic. Top 10 reasons why... Chocolate is Better Than Air! 1. If you don't get any chocolate in the next 3 minutes, you'll still be alive. 2. Chocolate smells better. 3. Chocolate has taste. 4. You can see chocolate. 5. You can embrace chocolate. 6. Chocolate won't mess up your hairdo. 7. Chocolate won't lift your skirt up. 8. Swallowing chocolate won't make you belch. 9. Big city chocolate is not polluted. 10. It's okay to be full of hot chocolate. Chocolate Trivia Quiz 1. Cocoa and chocolate are made from the beans or seed of what tree? 2. Is cocoa a stimulant or depressant? 3. Most sweetened chocolates undergo a conching process. What is this process? 4. Coverture is what type of chocolate? 5. Does white chocolate contain chocolate? 6. What is a substitute for chocolate? 7. What enables chocolate chips or morsels to maintain their shape a high temperatures? 8. What does it mean when chocolate or cocoa "blooms?" 9. The FDA mandates that chocolate must contain what percentage of fat? 10.What is the stimulating agent in chocolate and cocoa? Trivia Quiz Answers 1. Cacao tree 2. Stimulant 3. A process that creates a smoother product with a more mellow flavor. The name conching is derived from the large steel troughs, the conches, in which the chocolate is heated and stirred. Then the mixture is aerated and the volatile acids and the moisture are driven off. Additional cocoa butter, additives,and flavorings are added during conching. 4. It is a coating chocolate that has a higher content of cocoa butter. The cocoa butter produces a smoother and softer product when heated and covers candies more evenly. 5. No it does not. Expensive white chocolate is made from cocoa butter, sugar, milk solids, and flavorings; less expensive brands may contain fats other than cocoa butter. 6. Carob 7. A lower fat content 8. When the temperature exceeds 78F the cocoa butter begins to melt and may appear as a gray coating known as bloom. Although it may be aesthetically unappealing, bloom does not affect the flavor.

More Pampered Chef Death By Chocolate IdeasFor one show I did smaller versions of the chocolate show stoppers
bowls using water balloon size. I made all, but 1 prior to the show & put them
on small paper plates to set. I just demonstrated how to make one. They all
passed around the cake tester to pop their own balloon.Then we had a sundae bar
to fill their bowls with chocolate ice cream & all kinds of toppings.(Put
toppings in SA items) They loved it. (Note: sometimes these balloons can be tricky
though & may pop if chocolate is too warm-Be careful chocolate flies
everywhere if they pop)
I had mesh (Bridal mesh) circles & placed a couple of hershey kisses
in each one & tied up with ribbon & tossed them out to people when they chirped
up about a PC product. I had lots of chocolate candies within my display & it
became a running joke. I'd talk about all the products & how they all relate
to chocolate.
batter bowl- great for melting chocolate or making chocolate pudding or
chocolate cake. Flour sugar shaker- great for putting Hershey's cocoa on
everything. Pie plate- great for making chocolate cream pie. Cheese grater ,opened up
had a few wrapped kisses sitting in there-" great for grating up _____ WHAT?
Everyone would respond CHOCOLATE! You can pretty much relate every product to
chocolate in some way even if you have to be creative in thinking. I was able
to talk about lots of products since the demo was so quick. I took the extra
time to talk about them rather than demo. them all.
Also, I picked up large size chocolate Hershey bars. They were given
as booking gifts. I told them I had a yummy gift for everyone that booked their
own kitchen show tonight & helped the host earn extra points!

Dawn Hlavaty

Wow, thank you so much for sharing all of these amazing recipes and fun facts about chocolate! I can't wait to try out the Chocolate Chip Cheeseball and the Chocolate Nachos - they sound delicious. And I never knew about the conching process for making chocolate, that's really interesting. Thanks again for passing along all of these great ideas for a Death by Chocolate show! I'm sure Sally Frick will be thrilled to see how much her recipes and ideas are appreciated. Keep spreading the chocolate love!

1. What is "Death by Chocolate"?

"Death by Chocolate" is a decadent dessert made with layers of rich chocolate cake, creamy chocolate mousse, and topped with a chocolate ganache.

2. Is it difficult to make "Death by Chocolate" at home?

While it may seem intimidating, "Death by Chocolate" is actually quite simple to make at home with the right tools and ingredients. Our Pampered Chef products, such as the Cake Pan Set and Double Boiler, make it even easier to create this delicious dessert.

3. Can I use any type of chocolate for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate for this recipe, whether it be dark, milk, or white chocolate. Just be sure to choose high-quality chocolate for the best flavor.

4. How long does it take to prepare "Death by Chocolate"?

The preparation time for "Death by Chocolate" varies depending on your skill level and the tools you have available. On average, it takes about 30 minutes to prepare the cake and another 30 minutes to assemble and chill the layers.

5. Can I make "Death by Chocolate" ahead of time?

Yes, you can make "Death by Chocolate" ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Just be sure to cover it with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out. You can also freeze the cake for up to 2 weeks, but be sure to thaw it in the refrigerator before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies