• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deal or No Deal: The Ultimate Game Show?

In summary, the conversation was about coming up with new theme ideas for game shows like American Idol, Price is Right, Survivor, Desperate Housewives, and Amazing Race. The topic then shifted to the game show Deal or No Deal and different ways to incorporate it into a party. Some ideas included using gift bags with various prizes inside, using a point system to determine who gets to play the game, and having guests mark down any outside orders, host a show, catalog show, or become a consultant. The conversation ended with more ideas being brainstormed and the suggestion to ask guests for their points and how they earned them.
ChefNic
Ok, if you all can come up with those awesome American Idol, Price is Right, Survivor, Desparate Housewives, Amazing Race theme shows... what about Deal or No Deal...
We love that show...even the kids! I am just not the creative one here!

Any suggestions?

Actually....If you use the Lets Make A Deal format, you can change the title to Deal? or No Deal?

I practiced that with my daughter a few weeks ago. Just havent done it at a show yet :)

Deal or no Deal gameHere's an idea:
You could seal up some gift bags, preferably the cheap lunch bag type, but in different colors.
In each bag add a picture of a FREE item you are going to give to the guest:
FREE shipping could be one
a Season's best
and any other door prizes you have
cut out the pictures from an old catalog!

Make some bags better than others, which would make the deal or no deal matter in this game.

Have a nice big item for FREE in one of the bags as the grand prize! Have the citrus peeler as one of the cheapest items.

Now let the guests try to compete to get a turn at playing deal or no deal. Throughout the show give them the opportunity to rack up points. The top 3or 4 with the highest points can play deal or no deal with your bags.
In order to rack up points you could offer something like this:
To play today's game of deal or no deal, add up your points:
Top 3 or Top 4 will be players in today's game:

5 points if you are wearing red
5 points if you fill out your drawing slip completely
5 points if you tell me your favorite PC product
10 points if you got here on time
10 points if you ?????
20 points if you place an order today
20 points if you ?????
30 points if you place an order of $60 or more
30 points if you promise to bring one outside order for your host
40 points if you promise to bring two outside orders for your host
50 points if you promise to bring three or more outside orders for your host
60 points if you will host a catalog show
80 points if you will host a cooking show
100 points if you sign up to become a consultant

Make up your own stuff, be creative.
I have a pet peeve, I don't like when guests come to a PC party knowing they are not going to order anything, but freely eat the food and play the games that are meant, in my opinion, for the actual guests who are placing orders.
I find it really tacky, annoying and rude when guests who are not going to place an order and know they are not, end up winning prizes during the drawings or the games.
I now use this point method for alot of my games so that those not ordering or not wanting to even host a show will not really be able to compete for my prizes against those who are ordering and hosting shows. I mean I do games and prizes so I will get bookings or high orders. I even do a gift basket at big shows where I know the guests will be placing big orders!! And only those who place so much of an order will get into the drawing.
I mean don't get me wrong, I definitely am grateful for all orders big and small but for those who place big orders, I want them to have an incentive to continue to place big orders with me. And this way they know they are appreciated, plus Pc is great at giving our guests FREE stuff too so we don't have to break the bank.

DEBBIE

Great Idea!Question: Do you ask who has marked down the outside orders, host a show, catalog show or consultant? this way you know? Or do you collect the totals?

I guess I wanted to know how you follow up.

wow! great ideas!
If I had an extra tool turn about... it could hold the "Cases" ... maybe have a stick or something with numbers ... then each number has a product/gift assigned to it, or have a flap taped down... and each guest can pick a number/case... and then periodically open one of the extra 'cases'... hnmm still thinking...
thanks for your quick replies! Can't wait to see what else you creative folks come up with!!
Thanks!

You could also do what Debbie suggested and have things typed out and in envelopes. Might be easier to handle and the guests really have no idea on what they've got inside.

This is getting good! lol

Definitely ask!!YES
Definitely ask them who is doing what and how they got their points.
Have them write down their points and why they got their points on the back of their door prize slip.
I print out my own and the back of the sheet is blank. That way you have that info on the back of their slip when you get home.
But try to book them that day. Try to have the show at the end after the demo and after they have eaten or are eating. That way you can ask those who said they are going to do a catalog, or cooking show when they would like to book. Have your calendar ready and the dates you want filled highlighted.
If they say they will get outside orders let your host know and make her a list that way they are obligated to do what they said. Announce it so they will be accountable to everyone!
Recruits can talk to you about a good time to get together and discuss the opportunnity (don't wait too long) or after the show if they will stay a few minutes.
I was just thinking you could also do something like this:
As the banker you could buy their bag from them. Offer them something else like a door prize you have on your table or a coupon for FREE shipping, or a coupon for $5 off their order. They won't know which is the better deal. This is fun and we can do so many things!!
I am definitely going to do this and give away a prize I have double of or got FREE along the way. I have some extra things I got from kit enhancement also or I could just add the prize to the host order and they could get it with their order when all the stuff comes in.
Debbie

where is the Let's Make a Deal info on here? I saw it on here before, now I can't see anything about it, even after doing searches...
do any of you have the format or flyers, or rules, etc for it?
I am having a fundraiser tomorrow night at my house, and need something fun, and I don't have time to figure out the deal or no deal thing...
I am afraid it will get expensive...giving away a lot of gifts, even if they are rather small ones... I have about 14 people coming- that I know of!
thx!!

Obviously the people that are gonna host a show or have a catalog show or become a consultant are gonna have the most points....so by playing this game its kind of like having a book to look, but with them picking prizes instead of a concealed 1.:confused: I think that came out right?:confused: LOL...well I better get it right cuz I'm gonna be doing it in about 3 hours from now.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Ginger:cool:

I just heard of a deal or no deal where I take jewelry boxes or envelopes (boxes of sometype seem more fun) with pics of items or paper typed with items and give each guest a box. When it is there turn you say deal or no deal. If they say deal they host a show and get the prize at their show if they say no deal they do not get to see what is in the box and you go to the next guest. Then when totalling the order set the date!

That is probably what I would do for mine Dusty. I would start out like that, and as soon as I got comfortable with the show I would start adding cooler things like the spinning TTA.

1. What is "Deal or No Deal: We Love It!"?

"Deal or No Deal: We Love It!" is a popular game show where contestants have the chance to win large sums of money by choosing briefcases with unknown amounts inside.

2. How do you play "Deal or No Deal: We Love It!"?

To play, contestants choose one briefcase out of 26, each containing a different amount of money. They then open the remaining briefcases one by one, eliminating them from the game. After each round, the contestant is offered a deal from the "banker" based on the remaining amounts in play. The contestant can choose to accept the deal and end the game, or continue opening briefcases in hopes of winning a higher amount.

3. Is "Deal or No Deal: We Love It!" a live show or prerecorded?

"Deal or No Deal: We Love It!" is a prerecorded show, but it is broadcasted as if it were live.

4. How much money can you win on "Deal or No Deal: We Love It!"?

The amount of money that can be won on "Deal or No Deal: We Love It!" varies, but it can range from $1 to $1 million.

5. Are the briefcases on "Deal or No Deal: We Love It!" random?

Yes, the briefcases on "Deal or No Deal: We Love It!" are randomly assigned to each contestant and their contents are not known until they are opened.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amy07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
Replies
Views
magentablue
  • jchesley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies