• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Spritzer Gunk: Expert Tips for a Smooth and Refreshing Experience

In summary, try soaking it in hot water to get the gunk out, then change the oil or order a replacement part.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Does anyone know how to get the gunk out of a spritzer so it can be used again? I had a guest bring one to my show today......I've never had a problem with mine, so I wasn't sure what to tell her??

Try soaking it in hot water!

letscook04 said:
Try soaking it in hot water!

Throw it out & buy a new 1...its a 10.00 item,:rolleyes:

Already tried that - didn't work:(

Ginger428 said:
Throw it out & buy a new 1...its a 10.00 item,:rolleyes:

That's what I would do - but the customer wants it fixed.....she's an older lady, limited income, and thinks everything should last forever - I told her I would try to come up with an answer for her.....

ChefBeckyD said:
That's what I would do - but the customer wants it fixed.....she's an older lady, limited income, and thinks everything should last forever - I told her I would try to come up with an answer for her.....

I had a customer at a show give me hers ( OMG!! IT WAS NASTY!!) She said she tried everything!! I think maybe some are just weird...luckily it was a BIG party, so I just tacked it on the hosts order told her dont worry about it & THREW that nasty 1 right in the garbage!!;)

You can get a replacement spray mechanism for $3.25 if soaking it in hot water doesn't work. Have you tried filling it with boiling water, pressurizing, and spraying?

Change the oil every three months or 3,000 milesI heard this at NC (I'm pretty sure it was '05), and it has kept my spritzer working great:

Change your oil in the spritzer everytime you change the oil in your car. If you have a car that you don't have to do that with, just make sure to change it every three months. When you change out the oil, clean it really well in hot, soapy water to cut the oil.

I mention this at all my shows I demo this at, and have never had a customer complaint.

HTH!

Try a solution of hot, almost boiling water and Dawn dish detergent. Put it in the spritzer, pressurize and spray. Do this a couple of times. You may have to let it soak for a little. This has worked for the worst ones I have ever seen.(and they were really bad) Work at it for a while, it will work.

This is so funny that this came up today as I was at a craft sale and had someone ask how to clean it. I'll give her all the advice and see if it helps her.

I tried everything with mine...finally got it clean, so I thought; when I put oil in it again it still would work. You can order that as a replacement part for like $4.

This is what I give to my guest who buys the spritzer, I got it off of here are made it to fit on a 4 X 6 blank index card so that they can put it into there recipe card box.

Hope this works for you.

~

Attachments

• Product Card - Kitchen Spritzer 001.doc
    22 KB · Views: 281

1. How often should I de-gunk my spritzer?

It is recommended to de-gunk your spritzer after every use to ensure it stays clean and functions properly.

2. What is the best way to de-gunk a spritzer?

The best way to de-gunk a spritzer is to disassemble all the parts and soak them in warm soapy water for 10-15 minutes. Then use a small brush or toothpick to remove any remaining gunk before rinsing and drying the parts thoroughly.

3. Can I use vinegar to de-gunk my spritzer?

Yes, you can use a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water to de-gunk your spritzer. Soak the parts for 10-15 minutes before scrubbing and rinsing them.

4. My spritzer has a lingering smell, how can I get rid of it?

To get rid of any lingering smells, soak your spritzer parts in a mixture of warm water and baking soda for 30 minutes. Then scrub and rinse the parts thoroughly before drying them.

5. Can I put my spritzer in the dishwasher to de-gunk it?

We do not recommend putting your spritzer in the dishwasher as it can cause damage to the parts and affect its functionality. Hand washing with warm soapy water is the best method for de-gunking a spritzer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jasmine
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • pampchefsarah
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1