• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DCB Experiences: Smell after Hot Water Soak?

In summary, the best way to get rid of the smell after a hot water soak in the DCB is to wash it with hot, soapy water and air dry it. The smell is caused by loosened food particles and oils, and can be eliminated by washing the DCB with hot, soapy water. It is not recommended to use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners. Soaking the DCB in hot water after each use is recommended, but not necessary. It can help prevent odors and make cleaning easier. If unable to soak after each use, try to do so at least once a week.
teeanne77
Hello-
I have a customer who says that after using her DCB that she followed the directions and let her DCB soak in hot water without soap, but that it smells bad. To be honest, I had noticed mine had done the same, but I just kept using it and eventually the smell went away. I recommended that she do the same since it just needs to get fully seasoned. Does anyone else have any tips or has experienced this?
Thanks!

I find leaving the lid off after washing tends to help the smell go away.

I had the same problem and used baking soda to clean and now leave the lid off while it is drying. That has eliminated the problem.

If you let it sit...for a day or two with water it will start to smell. I think it's mold or other "stuff" starting to grow in the dirty water.

I've used a little dawn on a kitchen brush with lots of water and brushed mine out, takes care of any odor. I know...I said soap. No after taste or issues with the soap. Or use the baking soda option. Fresh cut lemon half rubbed on it and then rinsed should also do the trick.

Baking soda and vinegar. I've never had a smell, but I've always used this, especially on grease or tough spots

I also have filled mine up with water and put it back into the microwave for 10 minutes. The very hot water cleans everything. I just pour it out and let it air dry. Because it is so hot, it dries very quickly. No smell either and just the thought that it has "boiled clean" makes me feel like it is really clean.

1. What is the best way to get rid of the smell after a hot water soak in the DCB?

The best way to eliminate any lingering smells is to thoroughly wash the DCB with hot, soapy water and then let it air dry. You can also place a lemon wedge or some baking soda in the DCB while it soaks to help absorb any odors.

2. Why does the DCB have a strong smell after a hot water soak?

The smell is likely due to food particles and oils that have been loosened and released during the hot water soak. This is normal and can be easily remedied by washing the DCB with hot, soapy water and allowing it to air dry.

3. Can I use any cleaning products to get rid of the smell in the DCB?

We recommend using hot, soapy water to clean your DCB. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the coating of the DCB. If the smell persists, try soaking the DCB in a mixture of hot water and white vinegar for additional odor removal.

4. How often should I soak my DCB in hot water?

We recommend soaking your DCB in hot water after each use to help loosen any food particles and make cleaning easier. If you notice a strong smell, you may want to soak it for a longer period of time or add some lemon wedges or baking soda to the water.

5. Is it necessary to soak the DCB in hot water after every use?

While soaking the DCB in hot water after each use is recommended, it is not necessary. However, it can help prevent any odors from building up and make cleaning easier. If you don't have time to soak the DCB after each use, try to do so at least once a week to keep it in top condition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mandy412
  • cheflorraine