• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I save on the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake with my $99 deal?

In summary, Karen is doing a show tomorrow night and has fallen in love with the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake recipe. She is offering a deal where she will make the recipe for $99. The set includes the recipe, sales tax and shipping costs not included. The formatting is just slightly off on her first copy, but she was able to fix it. She is also excited to share her set with others.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
Hello all!
I am doing my first show tomorrow night doing the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake. I have fallen in love with this recipe, so I have decided to make my own $99 deal for it.
Can you tell me what you think? It's really only a savings on $1.50 (the total before tax is $100.50). It appears that they are getting a lot and not much out of my pocket to make it happen!

Thanks!

Attachments

• DCBChili.doc
    200.5 KB · Views: 357
I like that! That way if they want to make that recipe, they are all set! How about adding a free SB with it, that way the recipe is included, too. :)

You know, that is the first DCB set that makes complete sense! Great Job! I hope your show is an Astounding Success for you!

I like it too and I agree with Amanda. Add the S/B with the recipe as well. Then they feel like they are saving a bit more two. When you figure you will make at least $20 per set, $2.50 out of pocket is not much and you can put the $2.50 in of course as a Consultant Gift for your taxes. So... Love it!

Okay, here is how I added the SB at the bottom, does this look ok?

Thanks!
Karen

Attachments

• DCBChiliSB.doc
    244 KB · Views: 305
When I open it, the formatting is just slightly off, but it might just be because I'm on a Mac. The second 9 is missing in the title because the image of the white baker is high. And it shows 2 text boxes of the white baker info. Other than that, it's great!

I Love Love Love it!!! Nice Idea do you mind if I snag it from you!!
Thanks Jenn

Oh, how about the wording changing to "*Sales tax and shipping costs not included" in the next size smaller font.

Oh and do not forget, find other recipes this will go with. I do the Mini Barbecue Sandwiches and yes, I use either the Mix 'N Chop or the Salad Choppers to break up the chicken, DCB Chicken fajitas too work this set. Once the chicken is cooked, the Mix 'N Chop will work on it too!

Mmmmm..... but the first one opened fine for you right? Does anybody else get the same problem?

Actually, the same thing did happen w/ the first one. :blushing:

Okay, wording updated to "Sales tax and shipping costs not included" (love that wording - wasn't really liking the way I had it worded!) and its a little bit smaller font and its all centered now!

Attachments

• DCBChiliSB2.doc
    244.5 KB · Views: 335
love the set!

Thank you for all the work you put into this... I love it.

Thanks again, it's perfect for my show tomorrow! :)

Looks great! I'm still seeing the double-text box for the White DCB, but no biggie- easy to delete. :)
I really like the concept of putting together your DCB set to correspond to the recipe you are showing off! Personally- I'd probably include something that says "Plus, I will email you a collection of over 40 (or 40+) recipes using the Deep Covered Baker just for purchasing the set!"
- to add even MORE value to what they'd be getting. (just figure out how many recipes there are in your collection :D)

Love it! I think I will replace my current flyer with this one. :) Great job

Curious to why the double box is showing up for you....I don't see it on my end! Glad you can fix it though!Also, glad to hear that people like it!Thanks!Karen

thehaleykitchen said:
Curious to why the double box is showing up for you....I don't see it on my end! Glad you can fix it though!

Also, glad to hear that people like it!

Thanks!

Karen

I've done it some times and one was in front of the other- so I didn't see it. maybe that is why, and then when I open it, my margin or something is different maybe and so it is more visible. Anyway- no biggie for me. :)

I absolutely LOVE IT! Great job and thanks for sharing. I wanted to create a set that did not include the thermometer and so glad that you have done this for me!

Just a note- on MY version when I open it, the top title says "....for $9" instead of "for $99!*".
The image of the white DCB covers up part of the text. So be sure you guys check your copy! (Again, I have a Mac WORD, so maybe it's just the formatting in mine, but didn't want you to print them and go OOPS!) Easy enough for me to fix (move the image down slightly and have it "behind the text")

Remember to folks, that the cranberry DCB is on backorder until 3/23! Make sure we tell people that as well.... But I didn't want to make it without the cranberry one shown.Thanks,
Karen

Great job Karen!:thumbup: I really like this flyer. I hope you don't mind, but I added a border and did other minor changes. Here it is a pdf format...hope you like it;)

~Fanny

Attachments

• DCB Chili - Flyer.pdf
    875.8 KB · Views: 312
Wow! That does look a heck of a lot better! This is why I love this group - working together to make PC even better!Thanks Fanny!

It shows up great for me too. I made a couple changes in wording to add the "Over 40 recipes" and add a comma before the last phrase.

Oops forgot to hit upload!

Thank you Karen, for creating this! I have wanted a new flier updated with the spring prices.

I'm thinking of adding the recipe for the chili cornbread to the other side of the flier (I have a double-sided printer) just to tempt people.

Attachments

• DCBChiliSB3.doc
    242 KB · Views: 307
  • DCBChiliSB3.pdf
    41.5 KB · Views: 269
I love it too. I'm stealing it. Merci! :)

I'm going to try this one - but I won't be adding the SB cookbook, I'll just give them the recipe card. ;)

The only thing I dread about using it is those few nasty customers that will be like "oh whoop dee doo I'll save $1.50" or whatever. You know, those negative nellies.But, maybe I'm overreacting.

leftymac said:
The only thing I dread about using it is those few nasty customers that will be like "oh whoop dee doo I'll save $1.50" or whatever. You know, those negative nellies.

But, maybe I'm overreacting.

Keith, I'm not going to promote it as a "deal" per se - just that here is something that will help you have everything you need to recreate this recipe at home. Around here, in Dutch Country, it's not a deal unless it's at least 50% off! I had people complain with the Stoneware last month that 20% wasn't any big incentive to purchase. :rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
Keith, I'm not going to promote it as a "deal" per se - just that here is something that will help you have everything you need to recreate this recipe at home. Around here, in Dutch Country, it's not a deal unless it's at least 50% off! I had people complain with the Stoneware last month that 20% wasn't any big incentive to purchase. :rolleyes:

Good thinking! I will probably do the same.

You could also mention that they will also be getting the guest special free for ordering over $60. That makes it another $9.50 in savings. Just a thought :)

leftymac said:
You know, those negative nellies.

Nothing worse than a "negative nelly" .. I'd punch somebody upside the head if they called ME one!

I love this flier--great group effort.

esavvymom said:
Just a note- on MY version when I open it, the top title says "....for $9" instead of "for $99!*".
The image of the white DCB covers up part of the text. So be sure you guys check your copy! (Again, I have a Mac WORD, so maybe it's just the formatting in mine, but didn't want you to print them and go OOPS!)

Easy enough for me to fix (move the image down slightly and have it "behind the text")

Change the Font on the titile to 36 and it works fine

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD