• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Sausage & Apple Stuffing be Made in the Microwave with DCB?

In summary, the conversation discusses making a recipe for Sausage and Apple Herbed Stuffing in the microwave, as well as sharing tips and experiences with making it in the oven. The recipe is from Pampered Chef and can be found in the fall/winter 2007 catalog. It calls for ingredients such as pork sausage, butter, vegetables, stuffing, cranberries, apples, and chicken broth. The dish is baked for an hour and yields 16 servings.
bridgetbakes
Does anyone know if the Sausage & Apple Herbed Stuffing can be made in the microwave? I just saw this DCB recipe mentioned in PC NewsWire and would love to demo it... but it takes an hour in the oven!:eek:

Bumping up. :blushing:

I'm sorry, I have no idea, but I would sure guess that you could, it seems that you can do anything in the micro with the DCB. I guess since it's a fairly new recipe, that maybe you'll have to experiment with it. Just start off with like 10 minutes and keep checking it. And please share your results when your done! :rolleyes:

Anyone have this recipe typed up?

Here is the recipe:

SAUSAGE AND APPLE HERB STUFFING

Ingredients:
½ lb of bulk pork sausage
½ cup of (1 stick) of butter
1 ½ cups celery
1 ½ cups chopped onion
1 package (14 oz) herb seasoned cubed stuffing
½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
½ cup of coarsely chopped apples
1 TBSP Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix
2 cans (14.5 oz each) chicken broth

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place sausage into (10-in.) Skillet; cook over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove Skillet from heat and transfer sausage to paper towel-lined plate. (Do not drain Skillet.)
2. Add butter to Skillet; heat over medium heat 1-3 minutes or until foamy. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
3. In Stainless (6-qt.) Mixing Bowl, combine stuffing, cranberries, apples, seasoning mix and sausage. Add vegetable mixture and broth; toss until moistened.
4. Spoon stuffing into Deep Covered Baker. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Carefully remove lid using Oven Mitts, lifting away from you; bake an additional 30 minutes or until stuffing is golden brown and heated through.

Yield: 16 servings

I don't know..I made this last year for a football party, I did make it in the oven...it was really good and went over great!

Where is this recipe from? I just searched the PC website and nothing came up.

It was in the catalog in last fall/winter 07

Thanks! Observation has never been my strong suit! I totally missed that last year!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the DCB Sausage & Apple Stuffing?

To make the DCB Sausage & Apple Stuffing, you will need 1 pound of pork sausage, 1 cup of chopped onion, 1 cup of chopped celery, 2 cups of chopped apples, 1 tablespoon of poultry seasoning, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper, 10 cups of cubed bread, 2 cups of chicken broth, and 1/2 cup of melted butter.

2. Can I use a different type of sausage in this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of sausage in this recipe. Pork sausage is recommended, but you can also use chicken or turkey sausage for a healthier option. You can also use a spicy sausage for a little extra kick.

3. How long do I cook the stuffing in the DCB?

The DCB Sausage & Apple Stuffing should be cooked for 45-50 minutes at 375°F. Make sure to cover the dish with the lid for the first 30 minutes, and then remove the lid for the remaining cooking time to allow the top to brown and crisp up.

4. Can I make this stuffing ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the DCB Sausage & Apple Stuffing ahead of time. After preparing the stuffing, cover the dish with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When ready to cook, let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.

5. Can I freeze the leftovers?

Yes, you can freeze the DCB Sausage & Apple Stuffing for up to 3 months. Make sure to let the stuffing cool completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container or bag. When ready to eat, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the oven at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Tina1977
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • DebinCincy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meganmcg