• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DCB: Sausage & Apple Stuffing

bridgetbakes

Mar 29, 2006
Does anyone know if the Sausage & Apple Herbed Stuffing can be made in the microwave? I just saw this DCB recipe mentioned in PC NewsWire and would love to demo it... but it takes an hour in the oven!:eek:

ChefPaulaB

Veteran Member
May 19, 2008
I'm sorry, I have no idea, but I would sure guess that you could, it seems that you can do anything in the micro with the DCB. I guess since it's a fairly new recipe, that maybe you'll have to experiment with it. Just start off with like 10 minutes and keep checking it. And please share your results when your done! :rolleyes:

bridgetbakes

Mar 29, 2006
Here is the recipe:

SAUSAGE AND APPLE HERB STUFFING

Ingredients:
½ lb of bulk pork sausage
½ cup of (1 stick) of butter
1 ½ cups celery
1 ½ cups chopped onion
1 package (14 oz) herb seasoned cubed stuffing
½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
½ cup of coarsely chopped apples
1 TBSP Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix
2 cans (14.5 oz each) chicken broth

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place sausage into (10-in.) Skillet; cook over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove Skillet from heat and transfer sausage to paper towel-lined plate. (Do not drain Skillet.)
2. Add butter to Skillet; heat over medium heat 1-3 minutes or until foamy. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
3. In Stainless (6-qt.) Mixing Bowl, combine stuffing, cranberries, apples, seasoning mix and sausage. Add vegetable mixture and broth; toss until moistened.
4. Spoon stuffing into Deep Covered Baker. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Carefully remove lid using Oven Mitts, lifting away from you; bake an additional 30 minutes or until stuffing is golden brown and heated through.

Yield: 16 servings

chefsteph07

Legacy Member
Jul 18, 2007
I don't know..I made this last year for a football party, I did make it in the oven...it was really good and went over great!