• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dcb Recipes W/Frozen Chicken Breasts

In summary, the conversation revolved around sharing and discussing different recipes that use frozen chicken in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB). Some of the recipes mentioned were Fiesta Chicken & Rice, Chicken with Broccoli & Rice, Teriyaki Chicken & Rice, Chicken with Black Beans & Corn, and Chicken & Dumplings. The group also shared tips and concerns about using frozen ingredients in the DCB.
kristina16marie
Gold Member
Over the last couple weeks I've been experimenting with a couple things & come up with some great recipes that I thought I'd share that feature using frozen chicken in the DCB. I love how great it is to never have to worry about forgetting to defrost the chicken again!

Fiesta Chicken & Rice
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, frozen
2 cans of rotel
1 cup of instant rice
4 oz of cream cheese, softened

Place frozen chicken breasts into DCB and add 2 cans of rotel. Microwave covered on high for 15 minutes. Remove & chop chicken with Salad Choppers. Add 1 cup of instant rice & stir. Cover & microwave for 15 more minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly, stirring once. Remove & add cream cheese to make the creamy sauce.Variations: Use Velveeta cheese instead of cream cheese for a delicious cheesy sauce. Use petite diced tomatoes instead of rotel so it's not too spicy for kids.

Chicken, Broccoli & Rice
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
1 cup of instant rice
2 cups of frozen broccoli

Place frozen chicken breasts into DCB and add soup. Microwave covered on high for 15 minutes. Remove from microwave & chop chicken with Salad Choppers. Add 1 cup of instant rice, 1 cup of frozen broccoli and stir. Cover & microwave for 15 more minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly, stirring once.

Teriyaki Chicken & Rice
1 bottle of Pampered Chef Teriyaki Sauce w/Honey
1 cup of instant rice
2 cups of frozen stir fry veggiesPlace frozen chicken breasts into DCB and add the bottle of teriyaki sauce. Microwave covered on high for 15 minutes. Remove & chop chicken with Salad Choppers. Add rice, frozen veggies and stir. Cover & microwave for 15 more minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly, stirring once.

Chicken with Black Beans & Corn
1 12 oz jar of chunky salsa
1 cup frozen corn
1 can of black beans, drained & rinsed
1 cup instant rice

Place frozen chicken breasts into Deep Covered Baker and add the salsa. Microwave covered on high for 15 minutes. Remove & chop chicken with Salad Choppers. Add corn, beans, rice and stir. Cover & microwave for 15 more minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly, stirring once. Serve & enjoy!

Chicken & Dumplings
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup of frozen carrots
1 small can of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

Place frozen chicken breasts into DCB and add the cans of soup. Microwave covered on high for 22 minutes, stirring once. Remove from microwave & chop chicken with Salad Choppers. Add frozen veggies and stir. Cut refrigerated biscuits into quarters and place on top of mixture. Cover & microwave for 8 more minutes. Remove from microwave and let it sit for 5 minutes. Serve & enjoy

Last edited:
Sounds great! CRB in the DCB!

thanks for these

These are great thanks for sharing

I'm going to have to try these! Thanks for sharing them!

Thanks I made sure to pass them onto my customer!

Great! Thank you!

They both sound very yummy. Thank you for sharing. Everyone is always looking for quick, simple and few ingredient meals.

I just added another recipe that I tried tonight - Teriyaki Chicken w/Rice!

They sound simple & delicious! Can't wait to try them. Thanks!

kristina16marie said:
chicken, broccoli & rice (i haven't come up with a cool name for this one yet-feel free to post suggestions)
3-4 skinless chicken breasts, frozen
1 can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
1 cup of instant rice
1-2 cups of frozen broccoli

place frozen chicken breasts into dcb and add the can of soup. Microwave covered on high for 15 minutes. Remove & chop chicken with salad choppers. Add 1 cup of instant rice, 1 cup of frozen broccoli and stir. Cover & microwave for 10-15 more minutes. Serve & enjoy!

if you ad velveeta, it could be "easy cheesy chicken and broccoli"

chellb1234 said:
if you ad velveeta, it could be "easy cheesy chicken and broccoli"

ohh, that sounds interesting....typically i use the soup mixed with the liquid from the chicken for making the rice. i'm wondering, maybe i could use chicken broth instead of the soup & then add the velveeta at the end? hmmmm, what do y'all think?

Revised & added 2 more recipes - Chicken with Black Beans & Corn and Chicken & Dumplings. SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!

These sound great. My only concern is thermal shock cracking the DCB by having frozen food in a baker that's heating up.

Becca_in_MD said:
These sound great. My only concern is thermal shock cracking the DCB by having frozen food in a baker that's heating up.

Thermal shock occurs when you put something frozen on a hot stone. You can put frozen items on a room temperature stone into a pre-heated oven or into the microwave. They need to heat up together & then it's ok.

1. How do I defrost frozen chicken breasts for a DCB recipe?

The best way to defrost frozen chicken breasts for a DCB recipe is to place them in the refrigerator overnight. If you need to defrost them quickly, you can use the defrost setting on your microwave or place them in a bowl of cold water for about 30 minutes.

2. Can I use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts in a DCB recipe?

Yes, you can definitely use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts in a DCB recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as chicken thighs may take slightly longer to cook than chicken breasts.

3. Should I season the frozen chicken breasts before cooking them in the DCB?

Yes, it is recommended to season the frozen chicken breasts before cooking them in the DCB. This will help enhance the flavor of the chicken and ensure that it is evenly seasoned throughout.

4. Can I add vegetables to a DCB recipe with frozen chicken breasts?

Yes, you can add vegetables to a DCB recipe with frozen chicken breasts. Just make sure to cut the vegetables into small, even pieces so they cook at the same rate as the chicken. You can also add the vegetables in during the last 10-15 minutes of cooking to prevent them from getting too mushy.

5. How long do I need to cook frozen chicken breasts in a DCB?

The cooking time for frozen chicken breasts in a DCB can vary depending on the size and thickness of the breasts. However, a general rule of thumb is to cook them for 35-40 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. It is always best to use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg