• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Perfect Size for Your Deep Covered Baker with These Tips

In summary, The Deep Covered Baker from Pampered Chef is a versatile and convenient kitchen tool with a capacity of 12 cups or 3 quarts. It can be used in the oven up to 450°F, as well as the microwave and dishwasher. While it is not non-stick, it has a glazed finish that helps prevent food from sticking and makes it easier to clean. It can be used to make a variety of dishes and should be handled with care, including avoiding sudden temperature changes and hand washing for cleaning.
Lauradorable
Does anyone know off-hand how big the deep covered baker is or how big someone's microwave needs to be to cook a DCB meal in it? I am hosting a fajitas and margaritas show next week and my host wants to make sure her microwave is large enough for us to make Rush Hour Fajitas. I'm not at home to measure my micro or my DCB, so I'm hoping someone is close to their DCB to take a quick peek? Thanks!!

13x13x9 needs to be the measurements of their microwave

I've also made something in a microwave that wasn't deep enough for it to turn, so we took the turntable out of the microwave, and just turned the dcb half way through.

Thanks!! I've manually turned too. My microwave at home is tiny and circa 1980, but it still gets the job done.

Hi there! The deep covered baker measures 11 x 7 inches, so you will need a microwave with a minimum interior space of 12 x 8 inches to comfortably cook a DCB meal. I hope this helps and good luck with your fajitas and margaritas show!

1. What is the size of the Deep Covered Baker (DCB)?

The Deep Covered Baker from Pampered Chef has a capacity of 12 cups or 3 quarts. It measures 12.25 inches in length, 9.75 inches in width, and 5 inches in height.

2. Can the DCB be used in the oven?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is safe to use in the oven up to 450°F. It can also be used in the microwave and dishwasher for convenience.

3. Is the DCB non-stick?

No, the Deep Covered Baker is not non-stick. However, it has a glazed finish that helps prevent food from sticking and makes it easier to clean.

4. What types of dishes can I make in the DCB?

The Deep Covered Baker is versatile and can be used to make a variety of dishes, including casseroles, roasts, breads, and even desserts. It's perfect for one-pot meals and can be used for both cooking and serving.

5. How do I care for my DCB?

The Deep Covered Baker is made of stoneware and should be handled with care. It is not recommended to use metal utensils on the surface as it can scratch the glaze. It is also important to avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing a hot DCB in cold water, as it can cause the stoneware to crack. Hand washing with warm, soapy water is recommended for cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnene
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefDi
  • allergycooker