• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Handle on Both Ends the Solution for the DBC?

I always stick my hands on the sides of the pot just below the lip (while the DCB is perpendicular to my body) using either silicone oven mitts or regular oven pads. The lip keeps it from slipping out of my hands and I don't worry about losing my grip like I would if I carried it by that little lip.I like to use the micro fiber towel to remove my DCB from the microwave and to remove the lid. I do like our oven mitts but I have small hands and I always feel like I am about to drop whatever I pick up with them. So, I do not use them very often...even had a friend to shrink them and they are still too big. I use
Jennifer E
I have only had my DBC for about 2 weeks and I love it! However, taking it out of the microwave often scares me. I am the only one that thinks they could improve it by just making a slight handle on each end? They would not need much, even 1/2 inch would help. My microwave is over my stove and taking it out while wearing hot mits is difficult. I am wondering if it would be worth sending an email to HO suggesting that modification.

Yep, I agree, as long as it will fit in the microwave!

I think we would feel more assurance if they made a glove using the same material as the Hot Pad/Trivet. That's just my thought.

At home, I use gloves that came with my old George Foreman Rotisserie Oven.

I use one of the striped towels to remove from the micro. Mine is also above the stove and removing it w/gloves or hot pads (either silicone or cloth) really makes me nervous. Usually I have the towel folded longways about 4 times & then it either wraps around or over the lid.

I do wish it had handles as well. Other than that I LOVE mine!

The lid is what I have a hard time with - just not quite enough for a good grip

yes, I cringe every time I take it out of a microwave. I LOVE the DCB but wish the handles were deeper - not thick but an indented area under each handle for a few fingers.

DessertDivaFL said:
I think we would feel more assurance if they made a glove using the same material as the Hot Pad/Trivet. That's just my thought.
We used to have silicone oven mitts when I first started 5 years ago.

I get a little nervous with the handle at the top, too. Just sometimes doesn't seem large enough to get a good grip on it, especially when I have the gloves on.

Try taking the lid out first. That makes it much easier to remove the base when you are in a higher microwave. :)

I always stick my hands on the sides of the pot just below the lip (while the DCB is perpendicular to my body) using either silicone oven mitts or regular oven pads. The lip keeps it from slipping out of my hands and I don't worry about losing my grip like I would if I carried it by that little lip.

I like to use the micro fiber towel to remove my DCB from the microwave and to remove the lid.
I do like our oven mitts but I have small hands and I always feel like I am about to drop whatever I pick up with them. So, I do not use them very often...even had a friend to shrink them and they are still too big. I use the oven pad quite a bit though.
We did have the silicone oven mitts and I burned myself using those so those have been banned from my kitchen.

1. What is a DCB and how does it work?

A DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile cooking tool that allows you to cook a variety of dishes in the microwave, oven, or on the stovetop. It works by trapping steam and heat, creating a moist cooking environment that helps to cook food evenly and retain its natural juices.

2. Can I use the DCB in the oven?

Yes, the DCB is safe to use in the oven up to 450°F. It is made from durable stoneware that can withstand high temperatures and is designed to evenly distribute heat for perfect cooking results.

3. How do I clean the DCB?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean. For tougher stains, you can soak the baker in warm soapy water before washing. Avoid using metal utensils or abrasive cleaners, as they can scratch the surface of the stoneware.

4. Can I use the DCB to cook frozen foods?

Yes, the DCB is great for cooking frozen foods. It helps to defrost and cook the food evenly, without the risk of overcooking or drying it out. Just make sure to follow the cooking instructions for the specific food item you are preparing.

5. What recipes can I make with the DCB?

The DCB is a versatile cooking tool that can be used to make a variety of dishes, from casseroles and roasts to desserts and bread. You can find a range of delicious recipes specifically designed for the DCB on our website or in our Pampered Chef cookbooks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
Replies
Views
crissy11
  • lacychef
  • Products and Tips
Replies