• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guest's Troubles with the Deep Covered Baker: Issues and Solutions

In summary, the guest is not happy with her deep covered baker because she feels that the recipes she has tried do not taste the same as when cooked in other methods. She has experienced dry chicken and watery squash when using the baker, and suspects that washing it with dish detergent may have affected the taste. The host advises her to soak the baker with baking soda and try cooking without the lid, and suggests that she try some of PC's recipes to see if they turn out better. The topic of oven vs. microwave cooking is also addressed. Despite receiving several recipes from the host, the guest remains unsatisfied and has strong opinions about her cooking abilities.
AmyDare
I have a guest who is actually going to be talking with the recipe developers from home office tomorrow. She's not happy with her deep covered baker :)eek:) beause she says things just don't taste the same.
She's done chicken in it, and said it was dry on top and had a ton of liquid in the bottom. She did squash in it and said it was very watery and she couldn't taste the brown sugar topping she put on it.

She did admit to washing it in the sink with dish detergent.

I told her to soak it with baking soda, which is what the home office people told her to do, as well...and she's going to try the squash without the lid.

Anyone heard of an issue like this with anyone else?

Is she doing these recipes in the oven or microwave? Maybe it's her oven/microwave. Squash is a very watery vegetable to begin with, so if it's swimming in juices and then she puts on a brown sugar topping, maybe it's being diluted too much. I'd have her try a few of PC's recipes with it and see how they turn out. But time and temp. have to be adjusted through trial and error sometimes.

Building on what Amanda said, the squash should go in the oven so that the dry heat can evaporate some of the water. Also, the high sides of the DCB may not be the best thing for squash b/c of poor air circulation. If she's looking for speedy micro cooking, then she has to accept that it won't come out the same as in the oven. Can't wait to hear what the test kitchens tell her.

She said she did both the microwave AND the oven but had the top on. She's going to try it without the lid.
I believe I sent her a bunch of recipes...but she's got some pretty strong opinions, and is "a very good cook". We made the Penne Pasta at her daughter's party and she said it was awful.

AmyDare said:
She said she did both the microwave AND the oven but had the top on. She's going to try it without the lid.
I believe I sent her a bunch of recipes...but she's got some pretty strong opinions, and is "a very good cook". We made the Penne Pasta at her daughter's party and she said it was awful.

LOL....I don't mean to laugh, but, well, sounds like she won't be happy until she's just gotten her money back on this one. Why would she buy the product if she didn't like how the recipes tasted?

Ego's are hard to argue with- no matter how right you really are, they will never be wrong in their minds.

1. What should I do if my Deep Covered Baker is cracking or breaking in the oven?

This is a rare occurrence, but if it happens, it is most likely due to extreme temperature changes. We recommend allowing the baker to cool down completely before placing it in the oven or adding food to it. If the cracking or breaking is significant, please contact Pampered Chef customer service for a replacement.

2. How do I clean my Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker is dishwasher safe and can also be hand washed with warm, soapy water. To remove any stubborn stains or baked-on food, we recommend soaking the baker in warm water and dish soap for a few minutes before cleaning.

3. Can I use metal utensils in my Deep Covered Baker?

No, we do not recommend using metal utensils in the Deep Covered Baker as they can scratch the surface of the stoneware. Instead, we suggest using silicone, wooden, or plastic utensils.

4. Is the Deep Covered Baker safe to use in the microwave?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is microwave safe. However, we recommend removing the lid before microwaving to prevent any potential damage to the baker or the microwave.

5. How do I prevent my food from sticking to the Deep Covered Baker?

To prevent food from sticking, we recommend lightly greasing the inside of the baker with cooking spray, butter, or oil before adding your ingredients. You can also line the baker with parchment paper for easier cleanup.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnene
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • sjspchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ericadboone
Replies