1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: DCB problem

1. AmyDare

AmyDare Member

I have a guest who is actually going to be talking with the recipe developers from home office tomorrow. She's not happy with her deep covered baker :)eek:) beause she says things just don't taste the same.
    She's done chicken in it, and said it was dry on top and had a ton of liquid in the bottom. She did squash in it and said it was very watery and she couldn't taste the brown sugar topping she put on it.

She did admit to washing it in the sink with dish detergent.

I told her to soak it with baking soda, which is what the home office people told her to do, as well...and she's going to try the squash without the lid.

Anyone heard of an issue like this with anyone else?

Oct 26, 2009
  2. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Is she doing these recipes in the oven or microwave? Maybe it's her oven/microwave. Squash is a very watery vegetable to begin with, so if it's swimming in juices and then she puts on a brown sugar topping, maybe it's being diluted too much. I'd have her try a few of PC's recipes with it and see how they turn out. But time and temp. have to be adjusted through trial and error sometimes.

Oct 26, 2009
  3. Becca_in_MD

Becca_in_MD Veteran Member Gold Member

Building on what Amanda said, the squash should go in the oven so that the dry heat can evaporate some of the water. Also, the high sides of the DCB may not be the best thing for squash b/c of poor air circulation. If she's looking for speedy micro cooking, then she has to accept that it won't come out the same as in the oven. Can't wait to hear what the test kitchens tell her.

Oct 26, 2009
  4. AmyDare

AmyDare Member

She said she did both the microwave AND the oven but had the top on. She's going to try it without the lid.
    I believe I sent her a bunch of recipes...but she's got some pretty strong opinions, and is "a very good cook". We made the Penne Pasta at her daughter's party and she said it was awful.

Oct 26, 2009
  5. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

LOL....I don't mean to laugh, but, well, sounds like she won't be happy until she's just gotten her money back on this one. Why would she buy the product if she didn't like how the recipes tasted?

Ego's are hard to argue with- no matter how right you really are, they will never be wrong in their minds.

Oct 26, 2009
Have something to add?