• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready to Try a Delicious Dcb Pineapple Upside Down Cake?

In summary, the Dcb Pineapple Upside Down Cake is a delicious dessert made in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) from Pampered Chef. It features slices of pineapple and a brown sugar glaze on top. To make it, preheat the oven to 350°F, layer pineapple and cherries in the DCB, pour cake batter over the fruit, and bake for 40-45 minutes. Fresh pineapple can also be used, and other variations include adding different fruits or nuts and using different cake flavors. The cake can also be made in a regular oven using a 9-inch round baking pan.
DebPC
Staff member
Haven't tried this yet- but want to!

pineapple upside down cake DCB6171264_o.jpg

I want to try this with the single serving pan!

OMG Looks amazing!!

Works great. I use pineapple tidbits instead of the rings to cover more of the cake surface and it also it makes it easier to cut. Started doing the tidbits in the skillet version and like it better.

I'll be passing this on to a guest who just purchased the DCB (at full price!! Always amazes me...). She'll love it!

cochef said:
Works great. I use pineapple tidbits instead of the rings to cover more of the cake surface and it also it makes it easier to cut. Started doing the tidbits in the skillet version and like it better.
Glad to hear it. That was my thought too but haven't had a chance to get to the store to pick some up to try it. How did you do the cherries? Just put them in first and then the tidbits over the tops?

Put the pineapple in first and then just put the cherry halves in and around the pineapple. No real pattern, just randomly placed depending on how many cherries you want. Definitely more than six that you have with the rings! Makes it quite colorful, too.

That's a great idea!

What is the Dcb Pineapple Upside Down Cake?

The Dcb Pineapple Upside Down Cake is a delicious dessert that is made in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) from Pampered Chef. It is a classic cake with a twist, featuring slices of sweet pineapple and a gooey brown sugar glaze on top.

How do I make the Dcb Pineapple Upside Down Cake?

Making the Dcb Pineapple Upside Down Cake is easy and only requires a few simple ingredients. First, you will need to preheat your oven to 350°F. Then, layer slices of pineapple and maraschino cherries in the bottom of the DCB. Next, mix together a box of yellow cake mix, eggs, oil, and water and pour it over the fruit. Bake for 40-45 minutes and then flip the cake onto a serving platter to reveal the beautiful and delicious pineapple topping.

Can I use fresh pineapple instead of canned?

Yes, you can use fresh pineapple instead of canned in the Dcb Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Simply slice the fresh pineapple into thin rounds and arrange them on the bottom of the DCB as you would with the canned pineapple. Be sure to remove the tough core from the pineapple slices before using them in the cake.

What other variations can I make with the Dcb Pineapple Upside Down Cake?

While the classic version of the Dcb Pineapple Upside Down Cake is delicious, there are many other variations you can try. You can add in other fruits such as peaches, apples, or pears, or even mix in some chopped nuts for added texture. You can also experiment with different cake flavors, such as chocolate or spice, instead of yellow cake mix.

Can I make the Dcb Pineapple Upside Down Cake in a regular oven?

Yes, you can make the Dcb Pineapple Upside Down Cake in a regular oven. Simply follow the same instructions, but use a 9-inch round baking pan instead of the DCB. Adjust the baking time as needed, as it may take slightly longer to bake in a regular oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • Aurora
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • SPAMSTIME