• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dcb Microwave Size Requirements

I asked my hostes and her microwave is too small. We were going to do the fajitas so now I'm going to make them in the grill pan.
dkitten13
Does anyone know the minimum measuring size the inside of a microwave has to be? I want to make sure if my host on Friday decide to use the DCB that I won't be surprised that it won't fit.

Sorry if this is out there somewhere, I couldnt' find it.

Thanks!

13x13x7......:d

Thanks! Did you sit in Jill's box? I think I recall that was you! ;)

I just had a show on Friday that I could have used this info for...I took my microwave just in case and it was a good thing I did!!!

dkitten13 said:
Thanks! Did you sit in Jill's box? I think I recall that was you! ;)

lol...YEP! that was me in Jills Box......;););)

Well, I didn't see you since I was in on Day 1 but I remembered you were psyched! It was great! I should have thought ahead so we could have met!

If you want to come to City Island tonight, Jillian Grant is gonna be here to do a demo.....:D

Ginger - I have a host that says her micro is small. Do I ask her to measure her microwave and the inside opening should be at least 13x13x7? Thanks!

PamperedSD said:
Ginger - I have a host that says her micro is small. Do I ask her to measure her microwave and the inside opening should be at least 13x13x7? Thanks!

Yes - that's exactly what you need to do!

Yes! Many of the small microwaves are only 12" wide. You don't want to go to a show with your DCB and recipe, then find out it won't fit!

I had the same problem when I did a show at a friend's house recently. Fortunately, I found out ahead of time so I was able to change the recipe, and used the deep dish baker instead.

also do they have to have a rotating plate?

this just happened to me at a show today. Made the grilled chicken penne al fresco and put the lid on upside down! The pasta turned out great. The chocolate molten lava cake, on the other hand... should NOT be baked with the lid on upside down. About 1/4 of the batter ended up all over her microwave. Fortunately, we all had a good laugh about it and the cake still tasted delicious. Sold a DCB, too! Live and learn... I'll always ask my hosts to measure their microwaves from now on!

Maragib said:
also do they have to have a rotating plate?

They don't have to have a rotating plate, but if they don't, you will need to rotate the Baker every so often.

For example, if my host's micro doesn't rotate, I turn the 30 minute chicken 1/4 turn every 10 minutes. (so I turn it twice - at 10 minutes and again at 20)

Just had this happen to me too. Funny thing was I usually ask my hostess but because she asked me to do a specific recipe from a show she had been at I just assumed that she had thought of that. She had been to 2 different shows in the last couple of months, both hands on shows and still asked for it and it didn't fit. Luckily her niece lived about 1/2 mile away and they just went and got her microwave.

Thanks for the tips! I asked my hostes and her microwave is too small. We were going to do the fajitas so now I'm going to make them in the grill pan.

1. What are the dimensions of the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker (DCB)?

The DCB measures 10.5 inches in diameter and 5 inches in height.

2. Can the DCB be used in all microwaves?

Yes, the DCB is designed to fit in most standard size microwaves. However, it is always recommended to double check the dimensions of your microwave before purchasing.

3. Is there a maximum weight limit for the DCB when using it in the microwave?

The DCB can safely hold up to 8 cups or 2 quarts of food in the microwave.

4. Can the DCB be used in the oven as well?

Yes, the DCB is versatile and can be used in both the microwave and oven. It is oven-safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.

5. Does the DCB come with a lid for use in the microwave?

Yes, the DCB comes with a lid that is specifically designed for use in the microwave. It helps to retain moisture and prevent splatters while cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • luvlabs
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
Replies
Views
Staci