• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is There a Microwave Lasagna Recipe for the Deep Covered Baker?

In summary, there is a recipe for lasagna in the Deep Covered Baker that can be made in the microwave. It uses ground beef, onions, garlic, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and various spices for the sauce, layered with lasagna noodles and a combination of mozzarella and ricotta cheese. The dish is cooked in the microwave for 15-20 minutes and topped with Parmesan cheese before serving. It's an easy and tasty way to make a classic Italian dish.
ChefMary412
Is there a recipe for a lasagna in the dcb in the microwave? I think I remember seeing one...

and I am thinking of a classic Italian type ..not the Mexican one we have.

I just use the recipe on the lasagna noodle box. I even use the no boil noodles and bake on high for 15 min, let it set for 10. It's easy and wonderful!!

Loreo is right. It is fantastic in the microwave with the no boil noodles. I added Mozz cheese at the end, put on the cover and let the cheese melt for 5 minutes. Unbelievable.

Hi there! Yes, there is a recipe for lasagna in the Deep Covered Baker that can be made in the microwave. It's a delicious and easy way to make this classic dish. Here's the recipe:Microwave Lasagna in the Deep Covered Baker
Ingredients:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheeseInstructions:
1. In the Deep Covered Baker, combine the ground beef, onion, and garlic. Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes, or until beef is browned and onion is softened.
2. Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper to the beef mixture. Stir to combine.
3. Break the lasagna noodles in half and layer them on top of the beef mixture, overlapping slightly.
4. Spread half of the ricotta cheese over the noodles, followed by half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
5. Microwave on high for 15-20 minutes, or until noodles are cooked and cheese is melted.
6. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top of the lasagna and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.Enjoy your delicious microwave lasagna made in the Deep Covered Baker! Let me know how it turns out for you. Happy cooking!

1. What is the DCB recipe for Microwave Lasagna?

The DCB (Deep Covered Baker) recipe for Microwave Lasagna is a quick and easy way to make delicious lasagna in your microwave. It involves layering lasagna noodles, ground beef or sausage, tomato sauce, and cheese in the Deep Covered Baker, and microwaving for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

2. Can I use any type of lasagna noodles for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of lasagna noodles for this recipe, including traditional, oven-ready, or even gluten-free noodles. However, you may need to adjust the cooking time depending on the type of noodles you use.

3. How long does it take to cook Microwave Lasagna in the DCB?

The cooking time for Microwave Lasagna in the DCB varies depending on the power of your microwave and the type of noodles you use. However, on average, it takes about 18-20 minutes to cook the lasagna in the microwave.

4. Can I make this recipe in a regular baking dish instead of the DCB?

Yes, you can make this recipe in a regular baking dish, but the cooking time will be longer. It's best to follow the instructions for your specific type of lasagna noodles and adjust the cooking time accordingly.

5. Can I freeze the leftovers of Microwave Lasagna made in the DCB?

Yes, you can freeze the leftovers of Microwave Lasagna made in the DCB. Simply let the lasagna cool, cover it with foil or plastic wrap, and place it in the freezer. When you're ready to eat it, let it thaw in the fridge overnight and then reheat in the microwave or oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • Tean94
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef