• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Lasagna with No Boil Noodles: A DCB Experiment

In summary, the conversation discusses using the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) for making lasagna in the microwave. Members have had success using both no-boil and regular uncooked noodles, with a cooking time of around 20 minutes. One member also mentions using the DCB for chicken manicotti.
pampchef.angel
Just wondering if anyone had ever tried to use the DCB for a quick lasagna - maybe with the no boil noodles? I have host wanting an italian dish, and the Creamy Penne Pasta just won't do...

I've been wondering about this too! Thanks for posting ;)

Maybe if no one posts, I will try it and let ya know!!

That would be great- I've been meaning to give it a go, just haven't gotten around to it yet!

You could do like a baked ziti... I've made it in the DCB in micro before...

I have made lasagna in the baker in the microwave a few times, always turns out great. I use the no boil noodles but I think enough moisture is produced that you could use regular uncooked noodles (haven't got around to trying that yet). Mine was three layers of noodles and about 1# of meat, microwaved for abou 20 minutes. Hope this helps!

meganmcg said:
I have made lasagna in the baker in the microwave a few times, always turns out great. I use the no boil noodles but I think enough moisture is produced that you could use regular uncooked noodles (haven't got around to trying that yet). Mine was three layers of noodles and about 1# of meat, microwaved for abou 20 minutes. Hope this helps!

Thank you...definitely going to give it a go!! I'll post my results :)

It comes out great, but timing is critical....35 minutes in my micro was way too long. I got burnt edges....so I would start with 25 minutes and add as needed.

I have done chicken maincotti in the microwave in the DCB. I did not boil the manicotti noodles either and it turned out great. I can't wait to try the lasagna in the Microwave!

wow..another great recipe in the DCB that I need to try..oh bummer..LOL

1. How do I make the Quick Lasagna with No Boil Noodles in the DCB?

To make the Quick Lasagna with No Boil Noodles in the DCB, you will need a Deep Covered Baker (DCB), no-boil lasagna noodles, your choice of sauce, cheese, and any desired fillings, such as vegetables or meat. Begin by spreading a layer of sauce on the bottom of the DCB, followed by a layer of noodles. Repeat this layering process until all of the noodles are used, ending with a layer of sauce on top. Then, cover the DCB with the lid and microwave on high for 12-15 minutes, or until the noodles are tender. Sprinkle cheese on top and microwave for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.

2. Do I need to pre-cook the noodles before making the Quick Lasagna?

No, the beauty of this recipe is that you do not need to pre-cook the noodles. The no-boil lasagna noodles will cook perfectly in the microwave while the lasagna is cooking in the DCB.

3. Can I use regular lasagna noodles instead of no-boil noodles?

Yes, you can use regular lasagna noodles if you prefer. However, you will need to pre-cook them before assembling the lasagna in the DCB. This will add extra time and effort to the recipe.

4. Can I use any type of sauce for the Quick Lasagna?

Yes, you can use any type of sauce that you enjoy. Some popular options include traditional marinara sauce, alfredo sauce, and pesto sauce. You can also mix and match different sauces for a unique flavor.

5. How many servings does the Quick Lasagna with No Boil Noodles recipe make?

This recipe makes 6-8 servings, depending on the size of your portions. If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze them for later use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
yourchef23
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
ShellBeach