1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: DCB Lasagna

1. pampchef.angel

pampchef.angel Member

Just wondering if anyone had ever tried to use the DCB for a quick lasagna - maybe with the no boil noodles? I have host wanting an italian dish, and the Creamy Penne Pasta just won't do...

2. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

I've been wondering about this too! Thanks for posting ;)

Nov 4, 2009
  3. pampchef.angel

pampchef.angel Member

Maybe if no one posts, I will try it and let ya know!!

4. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

That would be great- I've been meaning to give it a go, just haven't gotten around to it yet!

Nov 4, 2009
  5. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

You could do like a baked ziti... I've made it in the DCB in micro before...

Nov 4, 2009
  6. meganmcg

meganmcg Member

I have made lasagna in the baker in the microwave a few times, always turns out great. I use the no boil noodles but I think enough moisture is produced that you could use regular uncooked noodles (haven't got around to trying that yet). Mine was three layers of noodles and about 1# of meat, microwaved for abou 20 minutes. Hope this helps!

Nov 4, 2009
  7. pampchef.angel

pampchef.angel Member

Thank you...definitely going to give it a go!! I'll post my results :)

8. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

It comes out great, but timing is critical....35 minutes in my micro was way too long. I got burnt edges....so I would start with 25 minutes and add as needed.

9. nene960

nene960 Member

I have done chicken maincotti in the microwave in the DCB. I did not boil the manicotti noodles either and it turned out great. I can't wait to try the lasagna in the Microwave!

Nov 5, 2009
  10. chefheidi2003

chefheidi2003 Senior Member Gold Member

wow..another great recipe in the DCB that I need to try..oh bummer..LOL

Have something to add?