• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Do About My Broken DCB Lid Disaster?

In summary, the DCB lid for my oven got chipped while washing it and PC replaced the whole thing. I gave it to my sister, who has two problems - she needs it for her show tomorrow and possibly her show on Sunday, and she can't remember when she purchased it or got it. PC said they would be able to look it up for me, but I hope I find one to borrow before then.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
DH just broke my DCB lid! I was in my office working and he tried to get to the mashed potatoes I made in there. He lifted the lid which was still hot and ended up dropping it. I have two problems: 1) I need this for my show tomorrow and possibly my show on Sunday (We have our team meeting tomorrow so I have time to find a replacement) and 2) I cannot remember when I purchased it/earned it/got it! It's been so long and I didn't use it for the longest time! I know I've had it at least since last November but before that I have no clue!

Never fear, PC should be able to look it up for you. Meanwhile, I hope you find one to borrow!My DCB lid got chipped whlle washing. PC replaced the whole thing and told me not to bother sending it in. I ended up giving it to my sister.

wadesgirl said:
DH just broke my DCB lid! I was in my office working and he tried to get to the mashed potatoes I made in there. He lifted the lid which was still hot and ended up dropping it. I have two problems: 1) I need this for my show tomorrow and possibly my show on Sunday (We have our team meeting tomorrow so I have time to find a replacement) and 2) I cannot remember when I purchased it/earned it/got it! It's been so long and I didn't use it for the longest time! I know I've had it at least since last November but before that I have no clue!

Would you have it in P3 if you ordered it yourself?

Di_Can_Cook said:
Never fear, PC should be able to look it up for you. Meanwhile, I hope you find one to borrow!

My DCB lid got chipped whlle washing. PC replaced the whole thing and told me not to bother sending it in. I ended up giving it to my sister.

And see...last week, another consultant had a customer who broke her lid while washing it and HO rep said they wouldn't replace it! It was only 3 1/2 months old too. Just goes to show, that the reps in the Soln Center don't always know what they are talking about!

esavvymom said:
Would you have it in P3 if you ordered it yourself?

I don't think I actually ordered it! Just not sure how I got it.

I have had problems with DCB arriving damaged. The first one had a chipped lid, and a small spot with no cranberry glaze. I did an online adjustment and they sent another one...didn't have to send the damaged one back. Well, the replacement arrived quickly and the to of the baker was scratched all the way around. So, I did another online adjustment and was told another would be sent and I didn't have to return the damaged one. Then the next day I get an email saying they will be sending a new baker and a return label...from the post office...to send the damaged one back. I thought it was crazy that they weren't wanting it back, but decided it was because the shipping would be so expensive. Now they want it back thru the post office...now that will be expensive. You never know what they are going to do.

I hope this one is in good condition. My guest ordered this on August 14th and still has not received it...and her 30 days of free shipping will be up by the time I get this replacement.

esavvymom said:
Just goes to show, that the reps in the Soln Center don't always know what they are talking about!

Idk if i am the only one, but it seems like the professionalism and knowledge of the reps in the solution center is seriously lacking of late. They either so not have a clue what they are talking about and when you question them, they get ticked off, or they are just very short with you and make you feel like they are rushing you and are not fulling listening to you.

When you do call, just remember to give as little detail as possible. Just say the lid broke. Let them ask the questions. That way you don't have to get into unnecessary discussions about what's covered and what isn't if they don't ask you about it.

1. What exactly is the DCB Lid Disaster?

The DCB Lid Disaster refers to the issue where the lid of the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) from Pampered Chef shatters or cracks during use in the oven. This can be a frustrating and potentially dangerous problem for customers.

2. Is this a common problem with the DCB?

No, the DCB Lid Disaster is not a common issue. The vast majority of our customers have had no issues with their DCB lids. However, we understand that even one incident is too many and we take this matter very seriously.

3. What should I do if my DCB lid shatters or cracks?

If your DCB lid shatters or cracks, please contact our customer service team immediately at 1-800-342-2433. Our team will assist you in getting a replacement lid or a full refund.

4. Can I still use my DCB without the lid?

Yes, the DCB can still be used without the lid. However, the lid is an important part of the design and helps to create a perfect cooking environment for your food. We recommend getting a replacement lid if yours is damaged.

5. Has Pampered Chef taken any action to address the DCB Lid Disaster?

Yes, we take the safety and satisfaction of our customers very seriously. We have thoroughly investigated the issue and have made improvements to the design and production of the DCB lids to prevent this issue from happening in the future. We also offer replacements or refunds for any affected customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• shelleyw95
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
france59
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • cookin to the top