• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dcb - Is a Turntable Necessary?

In summary, a DCB turntable is a rotating tray designed for use with Pampered Chef's Deep Covered Baker. It ensures even cooking and browning of food, as well as easy access for basting and checking doneness. While a regular turntable or baking dish may work, it is recommended to use the DCB turntable for best results. It does not need to be preheated and is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, it is not safe to use in the microwave.
Kitchen Couture
I have a show this weekend at my sister-in-laws church. I really want to show off the baker as there will be many people there.

The measurements of the microwave are 14" wide X 14" deep but she cant remember if there was a turntable or not.

Does there have to be a turntable for the baker to work it's magic?

Thanks!!!

No, but then YOU have the the human turner - I usually do a quarter turn every quarter of the shortest time listed but then I freely acknowledge that I have OCD. :)

My microwave doesn't have a turntable, either. Depending on the recipe, I usually turn the DCB once or twice during cooking. If the recipe has specific stop points to add ingredients (like the White Chicken Chili), then I just rotate it 180˚ when I have the microwave open to add stuff.

Thank you!

Hi there! Congratulations on your upcoming show at your sister-in-law's church. The baker is definitely a great item to showcase, especially with a big crowd. As for the measurements of the microwave, it should fit perfectly as the baker is designed to fit in most standard microwaves. As for the turntable, it is not necessary for the baker to work its magic. The baker is designed to evenly distribute heat and cook food to perfection without the need for a turntable. I hope this helps and good luck with your show! Happy cooking!

What is a DCB turntable and why is it necessary?

A DCB turntable, or Deep Covered Baker turntable, is a rotating tray specifically designed for use with Pampered Chef's Deep Covered Baker. It is necessary because it allows for even cooking and browning of food, as well as easy access to food for basting and checking doneness.

Can I use a regular turntable or baking dish instead of a DCB turntable?

While a regular turntable or baking dish may work in a pinch, we recommend using the DCB turntable to ensure the best results. The DCB turntable is designed to fit perfectly in the Deep Covered Baker and allows for optimal airflow and browning of food.

Do I need to preheat the DCB turntable?

No, the DCB turntable does not need to be preheated. Simply place it in the oven with the Deep Covered Baker and allow it to heat up with the oven.

How do I clean the DCB turntable?

The DCB turntable is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. You can also hand wash it with warm soapy water. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing to prevent any rusting.

Can I use the DCB turntable in the microwave?

No, the DCB turntable is not safe to use in the microwave. It is specifically designed for use in the oven with the Deep Covered Baker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMoore
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
RebelChef
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies