• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DCB vs Crock Pot: Converting Recipes and Experimenting

In summary, the difference between a DCB and a crock pot is that a DCB is made of stoneware and can be used for various cooking methods, while a crock pot is limited to slow cooking. Yes, you can use a DCB instead of a crock pot, but you may need to adjust cooking times. It is important to make sure the DCB is not preheated when using frozen ingredients, and the Pampered Chef website offers a variety of recipes for the DCB, including casseroles, roasts, soups, stews, and desserts.
babywings76
Gold Member
Do you think most crock pot recipes can be made in the DCB? Microwave? Oven? How do you think the times can convert? Has anyone experimented with their favorite crock pot recipe and see if it turns out in the DCB?

I'd like to know that as well! I am selling the DCB as the "new crockpot"!

I use my DCB in the microwave more than in the oven. I think I've only used it in the oven once. But many things can be cooked in the oven on a low temperature for long hours. I wouldn't plan to cook something for 6 hours, though, which is what I plan for when using my crockpot.

See, I was thinking that maybe you can put the same things in it just like your crockpot, and maybe it'll give you the same results in flavor and tenderness, and it'll be faster than the crockpot. Cause there are so many times that I want to make something in the crockpot, but life happens and it's noon and now too late to get it going. That's why I was thinking I could say the DCB is the new crockpot...only better for busy people (or forgetful people like me!) ;) But I haven't tried it enough to see.

Make sure you do try the 30-min chicken in the microwave along with the 10 -min tenderloin -- they really are fabulous.

I heard someone mention this the other night at the National Meeting. It didn't make sense to me, but the way you describe it makes sense. Just experiment. I think anything would work great. Let me know what you end up trying. I'm usually so last minute that the microwave works best for me. :)

I too use my microwave more than my oven these days.

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have a lot of experience with our Deep Covered Baker (DCB) and crock pots. In my opinion, most crock pot recipes can definitely be made in the DCB, and even in the microwave and oven as well. The key is adjusting the cooking times and temperatures. For example, a recipe that calls for 8 hours on low in a crock pot might only need 1-2 hours in the DCB. It's all about experimenting and finding what works best for each recipe. I have personally tried converting my favorite crock pot recipes to the DCB and have had great success. The food comes out just as tender and flavorful, if not more so, in the DCB. So don't be afraid to give it a try and see how it turns out for you! Happy cooking!

What is the difference between a DCB and a crock pot?

The difference between a DCB (Deep Covered Baker) and a crock pot is that a DCB is made of stoneware and can be used in the oven, microwave, and even on the grill. A crock pot is made of ceramic or metal and is only meant to be used for slow cooking.

Can I use my DCB instead of a crock pot?

Yes, you can use your DCB instead of a crock pot. In fact, the DCB is more versatile as it can be used for a variety of cooking methods, while a crock pot is limited to slow cooking.

Do I need to adjust cooking times when using a DCB instead of a crock pot?

Yes, you may need to adjust the cooking times when using a DCB instead of a crock pot. Since the DCB can be used in the oven and microwave, the cooking times may differ depending on the method used. It is best to refer to the recipe or consult the Pampered Chef website for specific cooking times.

Can I put frozen ingredients in a DCB instead of a crock pot?

Yes, you can put frozen ingredients in a DCB instead of a crock pot. However, it is important to make sure that the DCB is not preheated when using frozen ingredients as it may cause the stoneware to crack. It is recommended to thaw the ingredients before cooking in the DCB.

What types of recipes can I make in a DCB instead of a crock pot?

You can make a variety of recipes in a DCB instead of a crock pot, such as casseroles, roasts, soups, stews, and even desserts. The Pampered Chef website offers a wide range of recipes specifically designed for the DCB.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies