• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dcb in the Oven/Crockpot Recipes

In summary, the conversation discussed the possibility of transferring recipes for the DCB from the microwave to the oven. It was mentioned that not all recipes would be easy to transfer, with some being better suited for stovetop cooking. It was suggested that recipes in the DCB could be cooked in the oven at temperatures around 350 or 375 degrees for 40-60 minutes. The conversation also touched on the advantage of using the DCB in the microwave and the fact that it can tenderize meat in the oven. It was emphasized that the DCB adds versatility and produces better results than glass or metal bakeware.
ChefgoesPamperedChef
Not everyone loves to use the microwave to cook, so I just wanted to ask if you can transfer every recipe for the DCB from the microwave into the oven? And how much longer does it take and which temperature do you use?

And how do you know how long a dish takes in the DCB instead of a crockpot?!

We just wanna try and prepare for questions from the guests. A lot of them have crockpots and we want to try to get them hooked to the DCB. :D

Good questions. I hope someone else here takes a stab at them. I don't think all the recipes would be easy to transfer from the microwave to the oven. One example would be the fajitas recipe. I'd probably cook that on the stovetop if I weren't using the microwave. But the chili cornbread and the pasta bake and some others would transfer fine.. probably at oven temps around 350 or 375 for 40-60 minutes, depending on how much volume/mass we are dealing with. Crockpot to DCB would have an advantage for use in the microwave, otherwise you would be using your oven. I'm not convinced as to whether the DCB is a strong replacement for crockpot.

You would make any recipe in the dcb in the oven just like you would any other time in any other dish before having a dcb. As for oven time vs. microwave time, the dcb cookbook has a lot of those conversions for you. And the back page tells you what meats are recommended for the
oven vs. the microwave.

For example, the speedy pulled pork bbq that takes about 10-15 minutes in the microwave would simply cook at 375 in the oven for probably 45-60 minutes, testing the meat's temp as you go. How long have you always put a pork loin in the oven for? That's how long you put it in in the dcb.

There are some recipes designed specifically for the microwave, like the fajitas. When I make those NOT in the microwave, I use my 12" skillet. Takes the same amount of time.

A whole chicken in the oven takes a whole chicken amount of time - forever!

There's no secret to cooking with the dcb. It's just that it adds that extra versitility that no other baker can add. If someone is not a microwave person, they would use it in their oven like they do anything else they have now, it's just going to come out WAY better! It will tenderize the meat in the oven because of the way it's made, where as no glass or metal baker will do that (they just dry them out).

pchockeymom said:
There's no secret to cooking with the dcb. It's just that it adds that extra versitility that no other baker can add. If someone is not a microwave person, they would use it in their oven like they do anything else they have now, it's just going to come out WAY better! It will tenderize the meat in the oven because of the way it's made, where as no glass or metal baker will do that (they just dry them out).

Great point and one we should be stressing at our shows when doing micro cooking - glass and metal dries out our foods, our stoneware keeps the moisture in!

Hi there! Thank you for your question. Yes, all of our recipes for the Deep Covered Baker can be transferred from the microwave to the oven. The cooking time will vary depending on the recipe, but as a general rule, you can expect it to take about 10-15 minutes longer in the oven. As for the temperature, you can use the same temperature as specified in the microwave recipe, or you can add 25 degrees to the recommended temperature for a slightly faster cooking time. As for converting cooking times from a crockpot to the DCB, there is no exact formula since it will also depend on the size and thickness of the dish. However, as a general guideline, you can reduce the cooking time by about a third when using the DCB. For example, if a recipe calls for 6 hours in a crockpot, it will take about 4 hours in the DCB. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions. We definitely want to help your guests get hooked on the DCB! Happy cooking!

1. What is a DCB in the oven/crockpot?

The DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile cooking tool from Pampered Chef that can be used in both the oven and crockpot. It is made of stoneware and has a glazed interior for easy cleaning.

2. Can I put the DCB in the oven/crockpot directly from the fridge?

Yes, the DCB can go directly from the fridge to the oven or crockpot without any risk of cracking or breaking. It is designed to withstand extreme temperature changes.

3. What types of recipes can I make in the DCB?

The DCB is perfect for cooking a wide range of dishes, including casseroles, roasts, stews, and even desserts. You can find recipes specifically designed for the DCB on the Pampered Chef website or in our cookbooks.

4. Do I need to preheat the DCB before using it in the oven?

No, the DCB does not need to be preheated before use. Simply place your ingredients in the dish and put it directly into the preheated oven. This can save you time and energy in the kitchen.

5. How do I clean the DCB after use?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, but we recommend handwashing it with hot soapy water to preserve the stoneware. If there are stubborn stains, you can use a non-abrasive cleaner or soak the dish in hot water before washing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JessicaS
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
JessicaS
  • valcloutier
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • nikked