• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using DCB in Microwave with Turntable?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of the DCB in a microwave with a turntable. Some participants share their positive experiences using the DCB in various microwaves, including an older model with a turntable. Others suggest checking the measurements and turntable function before using the DCB in a microwave with a turntable. It is also mentioned that some microwaves have a button to turn off the turntable function if needed. Overall, it is agreed that the DCB is a versatile and effective tool in the microwave, even in older or smaller models.
ChefMoore
I have a host who wants me to do a demo with the DCB in her microwave. However, she has a microwave with a turntable. This may sound dumb, but as my own microwave does not have a turntable I was wondering, can you still use the DCB in a microwave with a turntable? Do you have to take the turntable out?

Thanks for the help!

Absolutely! This takes out the need for having to turn the DCB in the middle of cooking.
Turntables are a wonderful thing! :)

No, as long as the DCB fits in the microwave... and will turn... it works fantastic! :) Have fun!

You can use it with a turntable. There are measurements on CC (with the 30 minute chicken materials) so you can determine if it will actually turn. Some microwaves are just a little too small for it to turn, so it just klunks against the sides. (The one I have on order for my kitchen has a "microglide" function - the tray moves back and forth so that things are still moving, but don't hit the sides.)

So if there's not enough room to turn and it keeps hitting the sides, is there still a way to use it? Or should it just not be used in microwaves like this?

Many microwaves with turntables also have a button to turn off the turntable function just for this reason. You might want to ask your host to be sure!

Mary

ChefMoore said:
So if there's not enough room to turn and it keeps hitting the sides, is there still a way to use it? Or should it just not be used in microwaves like this?
I've used it that way - it just is a little annoying to hear it making noises every couple of seconds. :) But, yes, check if there's a button to turn off the turntable.

Just for everyone's assurance of HOW GREAT the DCB is... a few shows back I had asked the host if she had a microwave and if she thought it was big enough and she assured me it was. We were doing the demo in the LR so when I had the tenderloin all prepped I excused myself to slip it in the microwave... imagine my wonder when I turned the corner and was an ORIGINAL AMANA RADARANGE!!!!! My parents had one of these like... 28 years ago or more! :) I stood a moment... said a prayer over this DCB that I loving call my pot of blessings and put it in. I set it for a couple minutes more than normal and walked away not really knowing what would happen... and was joyfully surprised at the outcome... booked a show that I have just held that is at over $900 ... THANKS DCB... even in the oldest microwave out there you came through!!!!!!

Diane- that's the microwave I have in my house! I :love: love that thing! Although it does confuse people who are used to buttons when they try to set the cooking time on it.

I miss my old Toshiba. :( I've had it 29 years and it's big enough to cook a turkey in. The only thing I've ever had to do was replace the lightbulb twice in all that time. A couple of years ago a FEMA truck hit the electric line by my house and caused straight power into my house. It killed some small appliances and made my microwave only work at half power. I can't find anyone who can still repair them. :cry:

I had to stand there and remember how to open it! :) It was like going down memory lane! That is one tough microwave! My parents had theirs until just a few years ago too! I wonder how many watts they are? I was just THRILLED that it cooked it so well!

Mine is just now starting to need a little extra time on some things, and has developed a "hot spot" that is pretty significantly different from the rest of the cooking area. DH and I really lucked out when we "inherited" it with our previous house (it was one of the appliances that came with the kitchen). But I can't wait to get my new one - it'll be the first microwave I've ever had that had a turntable. And even better, there's a "soften butter" setting so DH doesn't melt the whole stick when he's making toast. :D

Now THAT would be even better than a popcorn button... i've had WAY too many melted trays of butter! :)

Mine was 650 watts on full power, 150 watts on low.

1. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) in the microwave with a turntable?

Yes, the DCB can be used in the microwave with a turntable. The turntable helps to evenly distribute the heat and ensure that your food is cooked evenly.

2. Do I need to adjust cooking times when using the DCB in the microwave with a turntable?

Yes, you may need to adjust the cooking times when using the DCB in the microwave with a turntable. It is recommended to start with the shortest cooking time listed in the recipe and then add additional time as needed.

3. Can I use the lid of the DCB when cooking in the microwave with a turntable?

No, the lid should not be used when cooking in the microwave with a turntable. The lid is designed for use in the oven only.

4. How do I clean the DCB after using it in the microwave with a turntable?

The DCB can be easily cleaned after use in the microwave with a turntable. Simply wash it with warm soapy water or place it in the dishwasher.

5. Are there any foods that should not be cooked in the DCB in the microwave with a turntable?

Yes, it is not recommended to cook foods with high sugar content, such as jams or syrups, in the DCB in the microwave with a turntable. The sugar can cause the dish to overheat and crack. It is also not recommended to use the DCB in the microwave with a turntable for cooking foods with a high fat content, such as bacon or fried foods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Couture
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • minirottie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • ChefDi