• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Important Updates Regarding the Deep Covered Baker - A Message from the CEO

Because of supplier issues, we have had to make the difficult decision to stop selling the White Deep Covered Baker (item #1352) until further notice. Orders that you have already placed for the White Deep Covered Baker will be filled as soon as it is available. ... Effective immediately, the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker (item #1321) is a host-only item, with a limit of one Baker per Show. Your hosts may purchase the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker with Free Product Value, as a Host Half-Price item, or with their Host Discount, using a new host-only item #3300. ... Orders submitted between now and July 15 for the White Deep Covered
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Dear Consultant,

I am disappointed to inform you of manufacturing issues we are experiencing with the Deep Covered Baker. Unfortunately, our suppliers are not able to deliver the product quantities that we have been receiving over the past few years. As a result, we have been forced to make two difficult decisions and I wanted you to know about them right away.

1) Effective immediately, the White Deep Covered Baker (item #1352) is on Stop Sell. That means you may not sell this product until further notice. Any orders that you currently have for the White Deep Covered Baker must be submitted by midnight CT on June 15.

Please note these important details:
- Orders we’ve already received for the White Deep Covered Baker, but that haven’t yet been shipped, may be placed on backorder. The backorders will be filled as soon as the White Deep Covered Baker is back in stock.
- Orders you submit between now and June 15 for the White Deep Covered Baker may also be backordered. They will ship when product is available.
- Orders submitted after June 15 that include White Deep Covered Bakers will have the product removed and the order will be adjusted. This will affect your commissions and possibly your host’s reward levels.

2) Effective July 1, the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker will be a host-only item, with a limit of one Baker per Show. Your hosts may purchase the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker with Free Product Value, as a Host Half-Price item, or with their Host Discount, using a new host-only item #3300. (This new number will be available in PamperedPartner Plus beginning July 1.)

We know that the Deep Covered Baker is a strong booking tool, so we want you to be able to offer it for that purpose, even though we can’t make it available for sale to all customers.

We realize that “host-only” products are not a normal practice for The Pampered Chef. However, because the Deep Covered Baker is such a compelling motivation for hosting a Show, we believe this is the best decision to support your business.

Please note these important details:
- Orders from your June shows for the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker (using the current item #1321) must be submitted by midnight CT on July 15.
- Orders from June Shows submitted after July 15 that include guest orders for the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker will have the product removed and the order will be adjusted. This will affect your commissions and possibly your host’s reward levels.

I’m sure you’re dismayed to read this news, and I’m sorry to have to share it with you. Our hope is that having the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker as a host-only item will help you build a stream of bookings from customers who want one for themselves.

Please be assured that we’re doing everything within our power to work through this frustrating challenge. We apologize in advance for any disruption that this may cause you or your customers.

Sincerely,
Marla Gottschalk
Chief Executive Officer

The Pampered Chef and Pampered Partner are registered trademarks used under license. Please do not reply to this e-mail. It is not set up to accept replies. You are receiving this e-mail because you are a Consultant with The Pampered Chef, Ltd. If you received this e-mail in error, please send a separate e-mail to [email protected].

Guess we're really good at what we do!!!!I think it will be okay... and if it's a host only product for the time being, it can only help our businesses. They can get it with a $150 catalog show and at a discount to boot!I think we'll be okay. :D

I know!! I just saw the email and that sucks! I typically sell them at each show at FULL price! But maybe it'll just help book shows. Uggg. I can't believe they are having this problem. I guess they're selling like hotcakes. I need to announce this to my customers because some were waiting to get theirs. What a bummer!!!!

Just a thought for some consultants who might dwell on this *being the end* (of course, I'm not referring to any of OURS!) maybe offer an incentive to see who can do the most catty shows while the Disney trip is on? Just trying to brainstorm some ideas before my phone starts ringing! :)

This freaking bites. But am I reading this correctly in the fact that they will try to bring it back as a guest item as soon as possible?:grumpy:

Here's what Duska sent out to her team. I think she's put a good positive spin on it early. Which will really help her team!

Hello Team!

By now, you have seen the email announcement from Home Office about the Magic Pot (Deep Covered Baker).

When I heard the news, AT FIRST, my heart sank because you guys know that the Magic Pot is my true love and key product at shows. I started thinking, what recipe am I going to do now?

But then, when my heart settled down and my nerves calmed, I realized that I AM NOT GOING TO CHANGE MY DEMO AND I’M NOT GOING TO CHANGE MY SHOW! I truly believe, in my heart of hearts, that the Magic Pot is the thing that CAN make a difference for so many families. So why would I change that message???? Why would I stop telling them about how awesome this is and how it can make cooking easier than ever before. I will never change that message!

So, my strategy is this: I am going to continue with my favorite Magic Pot recipes as normal. My Summer Shows with be salads and my favorite microwave dishes. Plus I am excited to start focusing on some new items to help my customers get these in their kitchen too (so many of my customers already have the DCB). So I am working on a couple of additional themes and recipes (Summer Sandwiches and Panini’s and Martini’s that will show case the Cool and Serve Tray, grill pan and press, salad and berry spinner, stir-fry skillet, round stone and the outdoor tools! I will send this to you when I am done). (Will send out a revision to my Simple Summer Sets when I get it done).

The only real thing that needs to change is the verbiage you use telling them how they can get the DCB. I totally see this as a HUGE WIN for all of us to GROW our bookings this summer, plus it will help the host want to book in closer – the sooner the party the sooner they get their DCB! So – let’s talk about the best words to say when you talk about the DCB – I AM NOT going to say, “This is not available unless you host a show.” That is negative and puts a “demanding” spin on bookings. I want people to want to book, because they want to, not because they have to. Instead, here are the words at the show I’m going to say:

“I guess by now you guys can tell that this Pot has literally changed the way I cook in my kitchen. It has truly been one of the key reasons so many people love Pampered Chef shows right now…so they can learn about how to use it and make a difference in their own kitchen. Because it has become so popular, we have made it a host-only exclusive item. So let me now share with you how you can get your very own Cranberry Magic Pot. Now I would be a terribly naughty consultant to make you pay full price. So to get the Baker, you’ll just host a cooking show or catalog show and then you’ll not only get your Magic Pot, you’ll also get it for free or half price! It’s that simple and you’ll be sooo excited to have it exclusively in your kitchen! The dates I have available for getting your pot and everything else you want in your kitchen are listed on my Booking Sheet (I pass around). But if you want the pot and just gather some orders, you can do that too…just write your name in the “I’d like to have a catalog show” section.

Just think – having the DCB as a Host only item is going to get you more bookings for cooking shows and more catalog shows! Customers can make THEIR choice HOW they want to get it….either by booking a show or passing the books with a catalog show.

Either way, it’s a win-win….you have happy hosts who get their items at reduced amounts or free AND you’ll have increased bookings!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I encourage you to really resist the temptation to say things like it’s not available to buy or you can’t get it unless you host. That is so negative and it’s going to create ill-will. Just focus on the positives of getting it for free or discount.

IF someone says, “Why can’t I purchase it today?”….here’s what I would say: “Because the Magic Pot has just flown off the shelves, the manufactures are working doubly hard to make sure there are enough Magic Pots for everyone who wants one. Until supply catches up with demand, the company still wants people to have one and so we have made it an exclusive gift for hosts.”

That’s it…no commentary or thoughts….just the facts. If we get negative, you know our customers will get negative, and trust me, that’s a downward spiral that none of want to get in. Your guests and host watch you and listen so keep the tone positive and like this is the best thing since sliced bread….many won’t even realize that there is a change. After all, you REALLY sell 100% of your pots full price? NO – most are gotten through bookings, so it is REALLY that much of a change?

So, just remember, it’s an incredible product (obviously or else there would not be supply issues)….and we must continue to move forward and share the amazement and love of the Magic Pot. If we stopped now, that just would be unfair to all those folks out there who don’t know about it!

Let me know if you have ANY questions or want to talk through your personal strategy.

Duska

Darn that Michael Reeves for selling so many bakers!!!! ;)

Must be the Execs got an e-mail to send out to their teams that is very similar. I received the same one from my ED who is my up line director.

baychef said:
Must be the Execs got an e-mail to send out to their teams that is very similar. I received the same one from my ED who is my up line director.

I got the same one as well.

So I sent out an e-mail to all of my customer base last night. I had some one e-mail me today that they do want to purchase one next week when they get paid! I was careful in my wording and used much of what our ED's sent us. Very positive and I added a 10% discount. And although the White DCB is still available until the 15th, I think many would be confused.

The Deep Covered Baker has changed the way many people cook and has become one of our most popular products by far! In fact they are so well liked they have flown off the shelves and the manufacturer is working doubly as hard to make sure everyone gets a Deep Covered Baker!! Until the manufacturer catches up with demand, The Pampered Chef still wants people to have one so starting July 1st, this will an exclusive host only gift.

The cranberry Deep Covered Baker can be purchased by anyone until the end of this month. $69.00 plus shipping and tax. If you would like to order yours before it becomes a host only item, reply to this e-mail and I will give you 10% your order!

The White Deep Covered Baker is no longer available...The Pampered Chef has depleted it's stock!

Yes, this product is WELL worth the investment! You will receive a 32 page Deep Covered baker cookbook from me when you order this product.

Hope this helps others!

baychef said:
So I sent out an e-mail to all of my customer base last night. I had some one e-mail me today that they do want to purchase one next week when they get paid! I was careful in my wording and used much of what our ED's sent us. Very positive and I added a 10% discount. And although the White DCB is still available until the 15th, I think many would be confused.

The Deep Covered Baker has changed the way many people cook and has become one of our most popular products by far! In fact they are so well liked they have flown off the shelves and the manufacturer is working doubly as hard to make sure everyone gets a Deep Covered Baker!! Until the manufacturer catches up with demand, The Pampered Chef still wants people to have one so starting July 1st, this will an exclusive host only gift.

The cranberry Deep Covered Baker can be purchased by anyone until the end of this month. $69.00 plus shipping and tax. If you would like to order yours before it becomes a host only item, reply to this e-mail and I will give you 10% your order!

The White Deep Covered Baker is no longer available...The Pampered Chef has depleted it's stock!

Yes, this product is WELL worth the investment! You will receive a 32 page Deep Covered baker cookbook from me when you order this product.

Hope this helps others!

Thanks for posting this. I'm sending out my emails today and tomorrow.

As far as the white DCB is concerned: It is NOT available until the 15th. It is only available until the 15th for orders dated 6/6 or before that. As of 6/7 we cannot show or sell it. The 15th is just to give us a chance to close those shows. As far as showing it - I really think that if the white is what you have you could do the same as for a discontinued item - "it's no available in this color at this time..." like "this item has been changed so the one you would get now ___".

I have 3 people that want to purchase them! Let's see if they follow through!

1. What is a DCB Host Only party?

A DCB Host Only party is a special type of Pampered Chef party where the host is the only one who can earn rewards and discounts. It is a great opportunity for the host to stock up on their favorite Pampered Chef products at a discounted price.

2. How do I become a DCB Host?

To become a DCB Host, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and schedule a party. Your consultant will walk you through the process and help you plan the perfect party to earn rewards and discounts.

3. What are the benefits of hosting a DCB Host Only party?

Hosting a DCB Host Only party allows you to earn exclusive host rewards and discounts. You can also share the party with your friends and family and earn even more rewards based on their purchases.

4. Can I still have a regular Pampered Chef party instead of a DCB Host Only party?

Yes, you can still have a regular Pampered Chef party if you prefer. However, hosting a DCB Host Only party allows you to earn more rewards and discounts as the host.

5. How long do I have to redeem my DCB Host Only rewards and discounts?

Your DCB Host Only rewards and discounts must be redeemed within 30 days of your party. After that, they will expire and cannot be used.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cheftiffany
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam