• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Important Update: Changes to Deep Covered Baker Availability - The Pampered Chef

In summary, the White Deep Covered Baker is on stop sell, and orders for it must be submitted by midnight CT on June 15. Orders for the White Deep Covered Baker submitted after June 15 will have the product removed and the order adjusted. The Cranberry Deep Covered Baker will be a host-only item with a limit of one Baker per Show starting July 1.
Harriet- I LOVE YOU!!! My thoughts to a "t"! Simply fabulous!! I am soooo excited to see what this does for bookings for those on my team!

Harriet -- thank-you for sharing. I just sent your wording out to my team. I was freaking out earlier today (still actually am!), as I've only been in PChef a little less than one year - and the Magic Pot is also my focus at shows. I've sold 83 of them this year - which I believe is quite nice. Thank-you for so positively sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate it. (Now for guests I'll be looking for sales from executive, COOL, and ....?) What's everyone's new "focus!"

Got that from my Director as well! Great wording! Joy's flyer say basically the same thing! Great positive spin!

When I saw this news posted on Facebook this afternoon I was shocked. I immediatelly called my hospitality director and she had no idea. She started researching and finally found her email in her spam box...crazy place for it to be when she obviously recieves other emails from HO. Anyway, so you might check your spam boxes.

Fairly new to PC (< 4 months), but wanted to know if there were any official channels for communicating the displeasure of this decision. Is the best way to e-mail HO? The intent here is not to complain for the sake of complaining. The intent is to inform HO to the impact the DCB has on our sales and the quality of our shows. Singularly this will not have much meaning, but if we could organize a campaign to "Bring back the DCB" we might be able to influence the long term plan (which I hope is to bring it back). I am fine with taking a step back, and getting it right, if that is in fact what is happening. I think some insight into the long term plans would make it easier for everyone to plan out their own long term strategies.

What Im sick of is people telling us to put our big girl panties on and get over it! Is it so terribly wrong to voice our concerns and to be upset by this? I know it's not the only thing we sell and I know this is not going to do us in.... but good grief I love my deep covered baker and I love selling my deep covered baker.....
I'm not at a show in front of customers, I'm connecting with fellow PC'ers and shouldn't we be able to talk about it without someone telling us to get over it??? :l

mailgirl1978 said:
What Im sick of is people telling us to put our big girl panties on and get over it! Is it so terribly wrong to voice our concerns and to be upset by this? I know it's not the only thing we sell and I know this is not going to do us in.... but good grief I love my deep covered baker and I love selling my deep covered baker.....
I'm not at a show in front of customers, I'm connecting with fellow PC'ers and shouldn't we be able to talk about it without someone telling us to get over it??? :l

I don't think that's really what's being said here. People are coming on here and running around in circles saying the sky is falling. We are trying to put a positive spin on this. Of course people need to be able to vent but if we focus too much on the negative side of this it will reflect on our shows.

blavin said:
Fairly new to PC (< 4 months), but wanted to know if there were any official channels for communicating the displeasure of this decision. Is the best way to e-mail HO? The intent here is not to complain for the sake of complaining. The intent is to inform HO to the impact the DCB has on our sales and the quality of our shows. Singularly this will not have much meaning, but if we could organize a campaign to "Bring back the DCB" we might be able to influence the long term plan (which I hope is to bring it back). I am fine with taking a step back, and getting it right, if that is in fact what is happening. I think some insight into the long term plans would make it easier for everyone to plan out their own long term strategies.

If you read the email closely and listen to what our uplines are saying you will see that they ARE working to bring it back. They did the stop sell on the white dcb so that they could focus on the more popular cranberry dcb and made it host only so that they could build up the supply so that they could handle the demand better. They COULD have put them both on stop sell but they knew that so many of us focus our shows on that product and that customers see the value in it. They wanted there to be a way people could still get it and this was the best option. I would be surprised if they weren't both back available to everyone by fall.

Last edited:
blavin said:

The problem lies with in the manufacturer, not HO. They are not able to keep up with the demand of the product. HO really has no other choice not knowing when the manufacturer is going to keep up with the demand. At least they are not stopping it for sale all together!

I'm disappointed, but I appreciate the tack the HO is taking. They aren't discontinuing the DCB altogether. It sounds like they are diligently working to get this top-selling product back to full as soon as possible. Actually, this could help us in the short-term with sales (get it now while you can) and bookings (once it's host-only). Scarcity breeds demand. That's why people stood in line for hours to get one of the Cabbage Patch Dolls that arrived at their local store. Talk about how they're so popular that the manufacturer can't keep up. That's the sign of a great product.

I wasn't suggesting it was HO's fault. Hope you all are right. The DCB is great for shows because it's just so damn versatile.

My show centers around it too. But here is an idea. I plan to get a 4-5 chicken, cook it for the host at the show and tell the guests that my job is to pamper the host, and I am doing so with this very exclusive host only item that she can get with her benefits. When you book a show I will cook you dinner for that night too! So my new tag line is "Hope to be cooking for you soon!" I think it will work. Good luch to us all.

BethCooks4U said:
I don't think that's really what's being said here. People are coming on here and running around in circles saying the sky is falling. We are trying to put a positive spin on this. Of course people need to be able to vent but if we focus too much on the negative side of this it will reflect on our shows.

If you read the email closely and listen to what our uplines are saying you will see that they ARE working to bring it back. They did the stop sell on the white dcb so that they could focus on the more popular cranberry dcb and made it host only so that they could build up the supply so that they could handle the demand better. They COULD have put them both on stop sell but they knew that so many of us focus our shows on that product and that customers see the value in it. They wanted there to be a way people could still get it and this was the best option. I would be surprised if they weren't both back available to everyone by fall.

If you read back on some previous comments it is EXACTLY what some have been saying...one in particular I read that said for us "to put on our big girl panties and get over it". Just because I'm upset about it doesn't mean I think the sky is falling...it's just a shame that we can't voice this without someone telling us to get over it. Being positive is great and I appreciate that some are trying to get us to look at the bright side of things, however, it just happened! Can you let some of discuss our grief over this without the positive being shoved down our throats...it's quite ok for some of us to be angry and upset about this if that's what we choose to do.

Also, that second quote was not mine but you pasted it as it came from me.

mailgirl1978 said:
If you read back on some previous comments it is EXACTLY what some have been saying...one in particular I read that said for us "to put on our big girl panties and get over it". Just because I'm upset about it doesn't mean I think the sky is falling...it's just a shame that we can't voice this without someone telling us to get over it. Being positive is great and I appreciate that some are trying to get us to look at the bright side of things, however, it just happened! Can you let some of discuss our grief over this without the positive being shoved down our throats...it's quite ok for some of us to be angry and upset about this if that's what we choose to do.

Also, that second quote was not mine but you pasted it as it came from me.

Sorry. I fixed the posting. I don't know how it pasted your info on that second quote. :confused:

I understand that people are upset and I agree that we all need time to process but the longer we complain the lower the spiral goes. I saw that posting too about "big girl panties". Personally I hate that phrase. It's like saying "get over it".

Just because we put a "positive" spin on it doesn't mean we're shoving it down your throat. If you choose to wallow by all means do so. Everyone works things out in their own way. But that doesn't mean we can't give ideas about how to make it work. You know some people had to get beyond the initial shock and disappointment for a show yesterday evening. They needed ideas to make it okay in their minds right now not next week after we're all done mourning.

Oh, and the sky is falling was not referring to you - it was so many people wringing their hands and pulling their hair over this. Generalities. Not anything personal.

mailgirl1978 said:
If you read back on some previous comments it is EXACTLY what some have been saying...one in particular I read that said for us "to put on our big girl panties and get over it". Just because I'm upset about it doesn't mean I think the sky is falling...it's just a shame that we can't voice this without someone telling us to get over it. Being positive is great and I appreciate that some are trying to get us to look at the bright side of things, however, it just happened! Can you let some of discuss our grief over this without the positive being shoved down our throats...it's quite ok for some of us to be angry and upset about this if that's what we choose to do.Also, that second quote was not mine but you pasted it as it came from me.
Hi!!
That posting about putting on your big girl panties and getting over it - that was from me :)
And nope, I don't regret it, I am not sorry and I don't take it back.
I meant it.
We've been selling the Deep Covered Baker for what? About 4 years now?
I had a thriving business long before we introduced the Deep Covered Baker. the Deep Covered Baker is NOT what makes us such an amazing company - what makes this an amazing company is ALL that we have, the people who present the demos, the staff behind us at Home Office.
I'm sorry, but the sky is NOT falling, the world is NOT ending.
Have your 15 minute rant, tantrum, pity party or whatever you want to call it (I had mine yesterday as soon as I got the email. I called my husband, whined for 15 minutes...and then GOT OVER IT).
Stop dwelling on the negative (unless of course you want your customers to dwell on the negative - that's up to you) and focus on the POSITIVE...if you focus on the positives, your customers will, too...and it'll show in your sales and recruiting.
It's okay - you can call me a witch, unsympathetic, nasty, etc...I am a realist. Whining isn't going to change anything (at least not in a positive way). I choose to WORK my business, not be negative about it.

BethCooks4U said:
I understand that people are upset and I agree that we all need time to process but the longer we complain the lower the spiral goes. I saw that posting too about "big girl panties". Personally I hate that phrase. It's like saying "get over it".

I apologize, Beth, for using a phrase you dislike...unfortunately I really did mean "get over it." Sorry LOL

dannyzmom said:
Stop dwelling on the negative (unless of course you want your customers to dwell on the negative - that's up to you) and focus on the POSITIVE...if you focus on the positives, your customers will, too...and it'll show in your sales and recruiting.
Carolyn is absolutely correct. Yes we've all been caught off-guard. That was yesterday. Its a small loss compared to other portions of our lives (and reality). I mourned for an hour. I slowly got over it (posting here on CS helped.)Light a candle, have some ice cream, look at your children, grandchildren, life partners, friends and the people you love. They're much more important to you than a Deep Covered Baker.
dannyzmom said:
It's okay - you can call me a witch, unsympathetic, nasty, etc.
Honey, you've been called much stronger names than that. Many, over the years, have stuck!D

blavin said:

What would you like to see HO do that they're not already doing?
They're getting their manufacturers to make more of them, they're avoiding indefinite backorders,I'm not sure how they could have handled it any better.

Carolyn, I completely agree with you.

I had my tantrum for a while, vented, and now facing the facts that nothing is going to change reality and what "is" is...so now we all have to focus on the positive, I've always demoed the DCB as a booking tool, it's not the end all be all in the catalog, so just decide how you are going to present the facts in the most positive way possible, even if you aren't feeling positive about it at the time. This too shall pass and we will all "get over it" and move on! LOL

And to anyone else who is reading, Carolyn is an Advanced Director, so I think she knows what she's talking about! :)

RMDave said:
Carolyn is absolutely correct. Yes we've all been caught off-guard. That was yesterday. Its a small loss compared to other portions of our lives (and reality). I mourned for an hour. I slowly got over it (posting here on CS helped.)

Light a candle, have some ice cream, look at your children, grandchildren, life partners, friends and the people you love. They're much more important to you than a Deep Covered Baker.

Honey, you've been called much stronger names than that. Many, over the years, have stuck!

D

I sure do love you Mr. Barton - you're like totally my bestie :)
:::said in my best valley girl voice:::::::

chefsteph07 said:
Carolyn, I completely agree with you.

I had my tantrum for a while, vented, and now facing the facts that nothing is going to change reality and what "is" is...so now we all have to focus on the positive, I've always demoed the DCB as a booking tool, it's not the end all be all in the catalog, so just decide how you are going to present the facts in the most positive way possible, even if you aren't feeling positive about it at the time. This too shall pass and we will all "get over it" and move on! LOL

And to anyone else who is reading, Carolyn is an Advanced Director, so I think she knows what she's talking about! :)

Hahahah!! Need to fix that - I am back down to Director - LOL
But hey - you don't become an Elite Seller and hit TPC/Excellence Awards EVERY YEAR in personal sales by whining and complaining - believe me!

Carolyn is right. We can dwell on the negative or find the positive in the Stop Sell. I'm choosing to be proactive and tell why the company did this. They don't want people getting agitated that they don't have their DCB's after 4 months. Personally, I wish they all were on Stop Sell by the 15th. I know they can't do this since many late June shows already have DCB sales.

I'm coaching with caution because I want my guests to know that it could take months to get their DCB if they order it late in June.

So, now I'm finally going to do a show without the DCB (first in years). I love the Cool and Serve and I'm determined to learn how to sell that 12" Stainless Skillet. Anyone have any tips?

dannyzmom said:
Hahahah!! Need to fix that - I am back down to Director - LOL
But hey - you don't become an Elite Seller and hit TPC/Excellence Awards EVERY YEAR in personal sales by whining and complaining - believe me!

LOL Glad I could bring that to your attention! I'm sure you will get your title back in no time girl!
You are my hero! :)

dannyzmom said:
They're getting their manufacturers to make more of them, they're avoiding indefinite backorders,I'm not sure how they could have handled it any better.

Along with what Carolyn said....

Seriously - do you think that HO isn't aware of the impact the DCB has on our shows and our demos? This is affecting their bottom line too. They aren't just doing this on a whim, or because they don't like that we're all selling so many DCB's! I am completely confident that they are doing everything that they can to make sure that the DCB is back for regular ordering as soon as possible. Forming a "Bring Back the DCB" campaign is (IMO) redundant. They've already said that's what they are working to do.

I think we should be thankful that we can at least offer it as a host only option. We still have an opportunity to show it, sell it, book because of it, and reach a ton of new people because of it!

dannyzmom said:
you don't become an Elite Seller and hit TPC/Excellence Awards EVERY YEAR in personal sales by whining and complaining - believe me!

Hell no you don't. You have to do it like Carolyn did - clawing your way to the top by forcing homeless shelters and orphanages to open their doors to her cookingshows.

dannyzmom said:
I apologize, Beth, for using a phrase you dislike...unfortunately I really did mean "get over it." Sorry LOL

Hey, it's okay! We all have a right to say what we want to. No one says we have to like everything we hear. I just read past it and don't let it bother me. It's when I read a tone that it bothers me. Your phrase is actually a much lighter way to say get over it - less tone.

The 12 inch stainless? I recommend the Asian Pork Skillet. I think it's REALLY made for stainless, though I've always used the family skillet b/c it's 12 inch. And then was puzzled because of the part of "loosening brown bits." Um, nothin' sticks to the Fam Skillet!

It is important to remember that retooling the line that manufactures our stoneware takes MONTHS and costs THOUSANDS of dollars. I remember a time when we had a stop sell on the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker right after it came out because our supply was depleted much more quickly than HO anticipated and our stoneware manufacturer was in the middle of a French Vanilla stoneware run. They couldn't simply stop making the French Vanilla pieces and start making the Cranberry...they had to finish making all of the FV and then completely disassemble the line, clean everything and then reassemble to begin making Cranberry pieces. It is a much, much more involved process than most of us would imagine.

Think about this....and keep in mind that these are my opinions/ideas - not facts provided by HO. The economy has been difficult at best and manufacturing, across the board, has been drastically effected by the economic slow down. Many, many factories have cut workers and been operating on a skeleton crew, barely surviving. Jump forward a few months to now...the economy is starting to pick up - my husband runs a trucking company and the call for trucks has DRAMATICALLY increased over the past few months. It's that old idea, supply and demand, hard at work. So I am speculating that our stoneware manufacturer cut workers/production, the economy started to recover and they got caught off guard by the increased demand. Add in the possiblity that they were in the middle of either a cranberry run or a white run and you can see how, based on the amount of time it takes to retool, they could be telling HO that they won't be able to catch up for a very, very long time. Remember that all of our stoneware is hand finished....it's not like they can whip out 1000/day. It takes time to make anything that is clay based.

I have full faith that we will be able to sell the DCB to everyone again and predict that this will be a distant memory in 2011. But I am not holding my breath that the situation will be resolved by fall - I'm hoping, but not placing any bets.

Remember, everything I said is speculation - please don't lambast me. These are my opinions. You are entitled to yours just the same.

D

DebinIA said:
I said is speculation - please don't lambast me. These are my opinions. You are entitled to yours just the same.D

Deb, you forget that lambasting and flaming are parts of the charm of ChefSuccess :eek:

dannyzmom said:
I have not found anything in HO's email that suggests that this isn't permanent. I am optimistic that it isn't, but that optimism is based solely on the responses in this thread. Where did you read that this is a catch-up maneuver by HO to restock supply in an effort to permanently resolve the back order problem that the product continually faces? I have not found that information explicitly in any HO communications.

blavin said:
I have not found anything in HO's email that suggests that this isn't permanent. I am optimistic that it isn't, but that optimism is based solely on the responses in this thread. Where did you read that this is a catch-up maneuver by HO to restock supply in an effort to permanently resolve the back order problem that the product continually faces? I have not found that information explicitly in any HO communications.

This is from an email that was sent by my SED:
I was on a call this morning with Executive Directors and above with Marla and Jean from the home office.

You are absolutely right, this is a VERY popular item. PC has every intention of making this available to our entire customer base asap. However, right now, and our choices were to either totally discontinue the product or make it a host only product until our current and additional suppliers can get our supplies up to meet demand. Approximately, 50% of DCB sales are at full retail, the other 50% is to hosts. By discontinuing the white bakers, our stoneware manufacturers can focus production on our more popular cranberry DCB. And, by decreasing demand by 50%, that gives us time to "stock pile" DCB to catch up with their huge demand.

Thanks for posting that (above), Beth!
Fascinating discussion - I think one thing this shows is how passionate we all about our business and the products! That, in itself, is already a good thing!
I'm looking forward to seeing how this will positively impact our business - perhaps by next week we'll have some success stories to share of some extra June sales of DCBs, more bookings...
There is definitely much truth in restricted supply causing increased demand... I'm hoping we'll see that in our own businesses!
Thanks so much to everyone who's shared words that we can use to make this as positive as possible for customers - I appreciate this site so much for all that brainstorming and sharing that we can do!

I was disappointed when I heard the news I also sell several at each show.... Then I put it all in perspective. In the grand scheme of life does it really matter?I could gripe about it or go back to focusing on other products to generate higher sales like the cookware again. so waht it is on stop sell many of you probably dont remember the MONTHS stoneware was on stop sell. At least PC is still strong and not like other friends DS businesses that are merging, taking bankruptcy etc. They took away a product not my business.My kids favorite saying is "build a bridge and get over it"
It was a "darn in" moment for a fleeting second then I thought about ......
a friend's 17 year old daughter fighting for her life right now after a horrible car wreck and she remains positive Hilary will survive.My divorce is getting nastier by the hour and my kids are in shambles but God is pulling us through.3 little kids in our town will celebrate their first Father's Day without their daddy he was only 33 and lost his fight to cancer.It is a "only" a product, I would much prefer it be available in limited supply than not at all.

Has anyone made up a flyer for this? Not sure if Joy has done one yet, if she did can you help me with locating because I didn't see it!!!

Thanks.

PCMomto4 said:
Has anyone made up a flyer for this? Not sure if Joy has done one yet, if she did can you help me with locating because I didn't see it!!!

Thanks.

Yes, interestingly enough they're the content of a post from Joy just this moring, the post is called DCB Flyers

Here they are, again. Thank you again, Joy.

NOTE: Joy is updating this FLYER. New Flyers will be added when available.

Last edited:
My initial reaction was "Oh, crap! What am I going to demo now?" Seriously, I just bought a bunch of groceries to demo the DCB.

My day job is in retail. Products are on backorder or discontinued all the time. I'm just going to deal with it like I would at work - get the customer interested in different products! If they are really interested in the DCB, hopefully, they will book a show. Otherwise, I will keep them informed when it is again available.

As a new consultant, I was caught off guard by this announcement. I am new to direct sales and PC. Honestly, I didn't see this coming and am sure many of my fellow newbies did not either. It's understandable if you've never been through this that it might take longer to process it and come up with a game plan. It's ok if you need to vent. Just like it's ok if you're over it and want to wear big girl panties. I think that's a great thing about the board - we can all have a different take on things, but in the end, we are here to support each other!

As for me, I'm over it, but going commando!;)

Teresa Lynn said:
I was disappointed when I heard the news I also sell several at each show.... Then I put it all in perspective. In the grand scheme of life does it really matter?

I could gripe about it or go back to focusing on other products to generate higher sales like the cookware again. so waht it is on stop sell many of you probably dont remember the MONTHS stoneware was on stop sell. At least PC is still strong and not like other friends DS businesses that are merging, taking bankruptcy etc. They took away a product not my business.

My kids favorite saying is "build a bridge and get over it"
It was a "darn in" moment for a fleeting second then I thought about ......
a friend's 17 year old daughter fighting for her life right now after a horrible car wreck and she remains positive Hilary will survive.

My divorce is getting nastier by the hour and my kids are in shambles but God is pulling us through.

3 little kids in our town will celebrate their first Father's Day without their daddy he was only 33 and lost his fight to cancer.

It is a "only" a product, I would much prefer it be available in limited supply than not at all.

Thank you Teresa for really putting it into perspective for us.

and {{{{HUGS}}}} to you! You are an amazing, strong woman with an equally strong faith.

This reminds me of ---light beer commercials--"wait! you're both right"I am a firm believer that what we focus on is what we get, that , as racers say "where your eyes go, the car goes," so I don't like to focus on the problems.But, as may of us have acknowledged, our initial reaction was not usually, what a great booking tool! Most of us were upset, sad, scared. The thing about conversations, especially in threads, is that some people come into it later, still feeling their first reaction.If this is you, be sure to read some of the old threads, and you will see that a lot of us had similar reactions. But we've thought and talked and posted and listened about it enough to be able to move on. If you are one who is starting to look at solutions and ways out, look back at your first reaction. For many of us, it was similar to some of the new posts we are seeing. I think we each need our own little melt down, and then we will be able to figure out what to do next. Thank goodness I have found this positive forum, one where we have compassion for fear and hurt feelings, where people feel so much concern for PC that they want to improve it, and where we can learn from the experience of others and (gently) help each other find solutions and move on from our first shocked reactions.And we will move on. We will continue to do great in this business. (And yes, I had just bought a second DCB so I could make more dishes in them at the same time, LOL.)Marghi

bridedream said:

Spoken like a true Philly girl! ;)

BlueMoon said:
This reminds me of ---light beer commercials--"wait! you're both right"

Oh Lord am I dating myself. I remember that when the commercial went:

"Certs is a breath mint."

"Certs is a candy mint."

"Certs is a candy mint."

"Wait! You're both right!"

RMDave said:
Oh Lord am I dating myself. I remember that when the commercial went:

"Certs is a candy mint."

"Certs is a candy mint."

"Wait! You're both right!"

Damn, you're old!!!!!
::::ducking::::

dannyzmom said:
Damn, you're old!!!!!
::::ducking::::

Yes but I'm not an Elite Seller er something like that! Who wants to sell elites anyhow?

RMDave said:
Yes but I'm not an Elite Seller er something like that! Who wants to sell elites anyhow?

Hey now Mr 15k...every kitchen needs an E-Lite

bridedream said:
My initial reaction was "Oh, crap! What am I going to demo now?" Seriously, I just bought a bunch of groceries to demo the DCB.

My day job is in retail. Products are on backorder or discontinued all the time. I'm just going to deal with it like I would at work - get the customer interested in different products! If they are really interested in the DCB, hopefully, they will book a show. Otherwise, I will keep them informed when it is again available.

As a new consultant, I was caught off guard by this announcement. I am new to direct sales and PC. Honestly, I didn't see this coming and am sure many of my fellow newbies did not either. It's understandable if you've never been through this that it might take longer to process it and come up with a game plan. It's ok if you need to vent. Just like it's ok if you're over it and want to wear big girl panties. I think that's a great thing about the board - we can all have a different take on things, but in the end, we are here to support each other!

Thank you! :)

BethCooks4U said:
This is from an email that was sent by my SED:
Great info. Thanks Beth!

We had our monthly meeting last night and I have to say this, there were about a dozen of us and not one of us was worried about it. Our feelings are this, we had business before the DCB, we certainly will after. Carolyn is absolutely right and Harriet, I think your post is awesome. I mean really, why change the message? All HO did was change this to a very special product that only hosts can get. And how did so many of you think that the DCB in cranberry is only available until June 15th? If you look, it is any June party that must be submitted by July 15th. I have a party on June 21st and am still going to sell DCBS! My only change will be to say that this will be the last time you ALL can get one as a guest. If they want one but can not do it that night, they will HAVE TO host a party. It is that simple. I certainly am NOT going to loose any sleep about people hosting parties to get one! I am just gonna change the words I use and offer up the other 393 products we have to offer.

John, I love your post. My ED was asking how my team was reacting and to be honest, I am sure there is disappointment, but no one is really at a loss with my team. I trained my consultants on it but never emphazied that the DCB should be shown at every party. (I am more concerned that they are asking everyone about the opportunity and booking parties).

She e-mailed back that PC is not one product, one party or one of anything. She had her meeting last night and said that after 60 seconds of allowing people to vent...they moved on and focused on moving forward.

In the 10 years I have been with PC, there was only one time there was a real issue with back ordered items and once there was a product in the catalog that everyone wanted but the quality was not there and PC never sold one. I had one person ticked off, but I would rather have one person ticked than have 100's not happy with a product. PC is in business to keep us in business and they are just as frustrated as we are. Things will get better!

What I think is funny too about this thread is that well, like you said, it sounds as if a lot of consultants forgot about all the other things PC offers! We all know products come and go. Even the REALLY GREAT ONES! Look at the Chillzanne line for example. So no, you can NOT base your business on one product.

You have come along way, Baby!!! I am getting people excited about grilling, camping, etc. Love the DCB, but for the summer it will not be my main focus. And with it becoming a host only, I can see where it might help bookings at a time of year that normally is a bit more difficult to book parties. That will lead us into a strong fall!

I was out of town when I got the email. I just chuckled thinking about how folks were reacting on here to the news, knowing it would cause the "Debbie Downer" in us to come out. But I liked what yesterday's PC Newswire said from Robin House- about how she's handling it, as well as what was posted here in this thread earlier (I got this email too, and loved it. Made me rethink how I'd present the situation.)

Last edited:
Di_Can_Cook said:
OK ... how's this:

Friends,

I know I just sent you my newsletter, however, I have some urgent news about our most popular summer cooking tool.

The Deep Covered Baker is by far the most commonly used piece of stoneware in my kitchen. It can bake a chicken in 30 minutes flat, a Mexican "lasagna" recipe that is to die for, a delicious chocolate cake and a one pot pasta, just to name a few, all in your microwave! So it doesn't heat up your kitchen!

Starting in July, this item will become a host-only item due to its overwhelming popularity. Of course, hosts have always been able to get this item at a discount. But because this may be the last opportunity to get this item during the summer cooking season without hosting a party, I am offering a special.

Place an order with me for the Deep Covered Baker no later than Monday, June 14 and you'll get 10 percent off. Place an order for the baker ANY TIME in the month of June and get $4.25 off your shipping (that's free shipping if it's being sent to my house and included with a show.)

Call me or email so I can give you the best discount!

Like this, may I steal??
LOL!
Schel

<H2>1. What is the reason for the changes to the availability of the Deep Covered Baker?</H2><p>The reason for the changes is due to manufacturing issues and a decrease in product quantities from suppliers.</p><H2>2. What does it mean when a product is on "Stop Sell" status?</H2><p>When a product is on "Stop Sell" status, it means that consultants are not allowed to sell that product until further notice.</p><H2>3. Can we still backorder the White Deep Covered Baker?</H2><p>Yes, backorders for the White Deep Covered Baker will still be fulfilled once the product is back in stock.</p><H2>4. How will the changes affect commissions and host rewards?</H2><p>The changes may affect commissions and host rewards for orders that include the White Deep Covered Baker or the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker after the designated cut-off dates. Orders will be adjusted accordingly.</p><H2>5. Will the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker still be available for purchase?</H2><p>Yes, the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker will still be available for purchase, but as a host-only item with a limit of one Baker per Show. Hosts may purchase it with Free Product Value, as a Host Half-Price item, or with their Host Discount using a new host-only item number.</p>

1. What is the reason for the changes to the availability of the Deep Covered Baker?

The reason for the changes is due to manufacturing issues and a decrease in product quantities from suppliers.

2. What does it mean when a product is on "Stop Sell" status?

When a product is on "Stop Sell" status, it means that consultants are not allowed to sell that product until further notice.

3. Can we still backorder the White Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, backorders for the White Deep Covered Baker will still be fulfilled once the product is back in stock.

4. How will the changes affect commissions and host rewards?

The changes may affect commissions and host rewards for orders that include the White Deep Covered Baker or the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker after the designated cut-off dates. Orders will be adjusted accordingly.

5. Will the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker still be available for purchase?

Yes, the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker will still be available for purchase, but as a host-only item with a limit of one Baker per Show. Hosts may purchase it with Free Product Value, as a Host Half-Price item, or with their Host Discount using a new host-only item number.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • vgibsonrn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
leftymac
Replies