• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Important Update: Changes to Deep Covered Baker Availability - The Pampered Chef

In summary, the White Deep Covered Baker is on stop sell, and orders for it must be submitted by midnight CT on June 15. Orders for the White Deep Covered Baker submitted after June 15 will have the product removed and the order adjusted. The Cranberry Deep Covered Baker will be a host-only item with a limit of one Baker per Show starting July 1.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Dear Consultant,

I am disappointed to inform you of manufacturing issues we are experiencing with the Deep Covered Baker. Unfortunately, our suppliers are not able to deliver the product quantities that we have been receiving over the past few years. As a result, we have been forced to make two difficult decisions and I wanted you to know about them right away.

1) Effective immediately, the White Deep Covered Baker (item #1352) is on Stop Sell. That means you may not sell this product until further notice. Any orders that you currently have for the White Deep Covered Baker must be submitted by midnight CT on June 15.

Please note these important details:
- Orders we’ve already received for the White Deep Covered Baker, but that haven’t yet been shipped, may be placed on backorder. The backorders will be filled as soon as the White Deep Covered Baker is back in stock.
- Orders you submit between now and June 15 for the White Deep Covered Baker may also be backordered. They will ship when product is available.
- Orders submitted after June 15 that include White Deep Covered Bakers will have the product removed and the order will be adjusted. This will affect your commissions and possibly your host’s reward levels.

2) Effective July 1, the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker will be a host-only item, with a limit of one Baker per Show. Your hosts may purchase the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker with Free Product Value, as a Host Half-Price item, or with their Host Discount, using a new host-only item #3300. (This new number will be available in PamperedPartner Plus beginning July 1.)

We know that the Deep Covered Baker is a strong booking tool, so we want you to be able to offer it for that purpose, even though we can’t make it available for sale to all customers.

We realize that “host-only” products are not a normal practice for The Pampered Chef. However, because the Deep Covered Baker is such a compelling motivation for hosting a Show, we believe this is the best decision to support your business.

Please note these important details:
- Orders from your June shows for the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker (using the current item #1321) must be submitted by midnight CT on July 15.
- Orders from June Shows submitted after July 15 that include guest orders for the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker will have the product removed and the order will be adjusted. This will affect your commissions and possibly your host’s reward levels.

I’m sure you’re dismayed to read this news, and I’m sorry to have to share it with you. Our hope is that having the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker as a host-only item will help you build a stream of bookings from customers who want one for themselves.

Please be assured that we’re doing everything within our power to work through this frustrating challenge. We apologize in advance for any disruption that this may cause you or your customers.

Sincerely,
Marla Gottschalk
Chief Executive Officer

The Pampered Chef and Pampered Partner are registered trademarks used under license. Please do not reply to this e-mail. It is not set up to accept replies. You are receiving this e-mail because you are a Consultant with The Pampered Chef, Ltd. If you received this e-mail in error, please send a separate e-mail to [email protected].

This sucks. I'd rather they not sell them at all than have a "host only" product. I'm puzzled by what is causing this situation.

Unbelieveable! How did you get that?. If I read right, we can still take orders during June. I have a Huge show on Sunday and am making the 15 minute chicken fajitas that always sell the DCB. BUMMER!!:grumpy:

I dread telling my customers that!

Wow... I just saw the email, too.

I hope they'll be able to figure out whatever issue the manufacturer is having, and bring it back soon.

aw crap. Where did this email come from? When are they going to let the rest of us know? I haven't received an email... and I'm anxious to know what is going on.

dannyzmom said:
We know that the Deep Covered Baker is a strong booking tool, so we want you to be able to offer it for that purpose, even though we can’t make it available for sale to all customers.

This frustrates me the most. I sell the DCB because I demo it. Customers need to see it in action to be wowed by it. I can't justify centering my whole demo around a product my customer's can't buy.

I'm puzzled as to why I didn't receive this e-mail. Maybe they're sending it in batches.The DCB cracks during use very easily because of a defect. I had one which I returned for this reason, and the second one cracked almost right away. I used for a long time, anyway, until what was originally a hairline crack started to widen.

I am totally shocked! Hopefully the manufacturer can get things corrected for us to resume normal sales soon. Bummer :(

vanscootin said:
aw crap. Where did this email come from? When are they going to let the rest of us know? I haven't received an email... and I'm anxious to know what is going on.

Carolyn & I are in the K's... I'm sure it'll take a bit for their email system to get through the whole alphabet and get it out to all Consultants.

I just got it and I am a U.....POOP!!:(

pampchefsarah said:
I'm puzzled as to why I didn't receive this e-mail. Maybe they're sending it in batches.

The DCB cracks during use very easily because of a defect. I had one which I returned for this reason, and the second one cracked almost right away. I used for a long time, anyway, until what was originally a hairline crack started to widen.

And, yet, if you don't demo it, they may not be interested enough in it to want to host to get it. It's a Catch-22.

I guess the Host Only is the best compromise HO could come up with instead of completely doing away with a very popular item.

NooraK said:
This frustrates me the most. I sell the DCB because I demo it. Customers need to see it in action to be wowed by it. I can't justify centering my whole demo around a product my customer's can't buy.
This is my reaction as well! I have become so reliant on this product for my shows and at home. I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around how I am going to do my shows now. This piece is the corner stone of fast family meals for myself and my customers.

So disapponted, I sure hope they can figure out the problem!!

I am in the S's and got mine as I was just reading this thread.

THIS SUCKS!
I am outraged!!!!
Really, ONE per show? Are you serious????? I sell at LEAST 2 or 3 per show, not including the host! :mad:
My sales are going to take a major nosedive.
Why doesn't PC have this under control. It is one of the best selling items. I am in shock.

Turning lemons into lemonade... I'm going to try to pull together a catalog show by the 15th using the C&S intro to get orders. I will now add that it's their last chance to get the white DCB and the cranberry before it becomes host-only. My catalog show that I was counting on to get my 2 shows in before the 15th is not gonna happen in time.

Now, what recipes I'm gonna demo, not sure. I have someone who booked for this month b/c she wants the DCB. She has only done catalog shows with me. As far as I know she has not seen the DCB in action. Some see the potential for it without it being in use. Extra free product in August should be great and hopefully they'll find a new manufacturer for the DCB by Sept. Imagine all of those people like Michael Reeves who have been selling the sets. Geez.

PC does not do these things lightly. When I began to open the e-mail I was afraid it was going to be about the C&S.

nevermind, I just got the email :(

Can we send out an email to customers who have wanted to puchase it so they still can before the 15th?

Wow! I have a whole section in my show focused on the DCB! I know it's great that they are offering it as a host special but there are people out there who don't want to host a show and will buy it outright! Wow!!! Still stunned.

Becca_in_MD said:
Turning lemons into lemonade... I'm going to try to pull together a catalog show by the 15th using the C&S intro to get orders. I will now add that it's their last chance to get the white DCB and the cranberry before it becomes host-only. My catalog show that I was counting on to get my 2 shows in before the 15th is not gonna happen in time.

Now, what recipes I'm gonna demo, not sure. I have someone who booked for this month b/c she wants the DCB. She has only done catalog shows with me. As far as I know she has not seen the DCB in action. Some see the potential for it without it being in use. Extra free product in August should be great and hopefully they'll find a new manufacturer for the DCB by Sept. Imagine all of those people like Michael Reeves who have been selling the sets. Geez.

PC does not do these things lightly. When I began to open the e-mail I was afraid it was going to be about the C&S.

Only the cranberry will become a host only item.

I am a G, and I still havent recieved it in own email inbox, so thanks for posting it here.

Thanks Becca, I love your Idea, Come get them while you can, email...

vanscootin said:
nevermind, I just got the email :(

Can we send out an email to customers who have wanted to puchase it so they still can before the 15th?

You can and should.

Sometimes it depends on your email server. I never receive the weekly emails on time due to problems with Yahoo.

pampchefsarah said:
The DCB cracks during use very easily because of a defect. I had one which I returned for this reason, and the second one cracked almost right away. I used for a long time, anyway, until what was originally a hairline crack started to widen.

I remember reading a post from someone a while back. She said she'd taken her own DCB to a show, and she was going to use the host's for a second recipe. The Consultant's DCB was a few years old, from when they first came out, the Host's was almost brand new. She said she was so surprised by how much lighter the Host's DCB was that she had to check the bottom to make sure it really was PC.

Sounds like they need to get a new manufacturer if the one currently can't get their act together. I see NOTHING good about this decision at all. This is really going to affect my sales. And I really don't want to force those who want the baker to have to do a show or catalog show if they don't want to.

NooraK said:
I remember reading a post from someone a while back. She said she'd taken her own DCB to a show, and she was going to use the host's for a second recipe. The Consultant's DCB was a few years old, from when they first came out, the Host's was almost brand new. She said she was so surprised by how much lighter the Host's DCB was that she had to check the bottom to make sure it really was PC.

Do you think they're making the walls thinner, and that's why it cracks so easily? If so, I wonder:
a) if this effects the cooking time, and so it was supposed to be a good thing, or if it was done to save money on the manufacturing
b) if this was done with or without HO's knowledge

Anyone piecing a email flyer together?

cwinter474 said:

I would so much appreciate this as well to share with those that wanted it, but never got it. May have to do some crunch calling!!!

Schel

Really not happy about this... I sell mulitiple DCB's at my shows.. Lord forbid we sell something at FULL price instead of half off.

Got mine 10 minutes ago. I'm a "B"

Ack! And I just got feedback from a customer who didn't make it to my last party saying that everyone just RAVED over the deep covered baker. I'm so disappointed. I wonder how long it will take them to get them back on the market.

cwinter474 said:

I just sent an email to Joy asking her to put something together.

I sell a lot of these too. I am glad they are at least still going to be available as a host item. Better than nothing. Definitely letting all of my folks know! Now, to figure out how to do a main demo without it...keep doing molten lava cake as extra...

this is very disappointing.

I am in CANADA and am a K
I just received mine to!!!

Okay... I may be the only one who isn't that disappointed. It could be that I've had a 2 year break from PC, but I haven't relied on this product for a lot of sales and bookings. I tend to go for the cookware and forged cutlery.It could be that I'm not a big microwave person. :)

This really stinks.... Sorry to be a negative Nancy but I will not like telling people the only way they can get one is to host a show...

mailgirl1978 said:
This really stinks.... Sorry to be a negative Nancy but I will not like telling people the only way they can get one is to host a show...

I have always said at my shows "if you want to pay $72 tonight for this, you can, but if you want to only pay $34, host a party". Guess I will be leaving out the paying more, but how to word it is going to be an issue for me. And this will definitely force me to do 2 recipes, which I HATE, so I can feature another top selling item.

Great, so now no DCB for a demo (probably). I also don't want to do cookware anymore (12 in skillet meals) due to the whole return policy/guarantee issues. So I guess it's back to just using the large bar pan.

chefjeanine said:
This sucks. I'd rather they not sell them at all than have a "host only" product.

I'm puzzled by what is causing this situation.

Wow - this is really shooting yourself in the foot.
Why cut your nose off to spite your face?
Hello?? Major booking tool you guys!!!

pampchefsarah said:
I'm puzzled as to why I didn't receive this e-mail. Maybe they're sending it in batches.

How weird - I use mine at every single show and several times a week at home - they've never cracked - I have three of them,too!

dannyzmom said:
How weird - I use mine at every single show and several times a week at home - they've never cracked - I have three of them,too!

I think this is a new thing Carolyn, I don't think it's been happening if you've had your baker from the beginning. I have and I have had no issues whatsoever.

Ok now - enough cry-babying you guys - pull up your big girl panties (and your big boy briefs for those to whom it applies) and get over it.
Didn't we all have thriving businesses BEFORE the Deep Covered Baker?!?!

From the email that came out, I gathered that it was the QUANTITY of DCB's being sold that was the problem... I guess everyone was just too good at selling them!!But, OUCH is all I can say to this... as soon as I read this email I hopped back on to CS, as I knew I'd find a quick reaction to this here. The DCB is still my favorite tool - I'm so glad I have one (in white), and now I'm going to have to order one in cranberry to make sure I have that.
Would it be wrong to order a couple for ourselves to have on hand if we have a customer that urgently wants one at some point?

Now, it says effective immediately that the white is on a Stop Sell. So we can't even drum up sales now for it? It says that from now till the 15th they are on back order. So if we try to get last chance orders for it, they may still never get one! And then it can mess up our host's rewards. I guess I won't try to get white DCB orders then. :(

I need to refigure my whole show format. Almost all of my shows have been DCB shows.

If anyone does have a flyer to alert the customers, I'd appreciate it if you could share.

If the hosts choose this as their 1/2 price item or FPV, then that means no commission on it too.

Ay ya yay!!

I'm at work right now but I can work on it when I get home tonight! I'll have it for you as soon as I can.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
I need to refigure my whole show format. Almost all of my shows have been DCB shows.

If the hosts choose this as their 1/2 price item or FPV, then that means no commission on it too.

Ay ya yay!!

I think I'd still continue with the DCB format for a while... if someone wants a DCB badly enough, it's really not that hard to host a show or get some orders for a catalog show. So we just have to be really good at creating that desire! But it will feel a little sneaky...

Typically hosts have chosen this as one of their 1/2 price items anyway...

I have a party tomorrow night - I'll have to think about how to talk about this.

Guess I can surely plan on a 6000$ month for June now! :D

I just sent out my June Newsletter. But I am going to try and make a new one up to get some DCB sold before the 15th. Just trying to think of the wording???
Any suggestions?

<H2>1. What is the reason for the changes to the availability of the Deep Covered Baker?</H2><p>The reason for the changes is due to manufacturing issues and a decrease in product quantities from suppliers.</p><H2>2. What does it mean when a product is on "Stop Sell" status?</H2><p>When a product is on "Stop Sell" status, it means that consultants are not allowed to sell that product until further notice.</p><H2>3. Can we still backorder the White Deep Covered Baker?</H2><p>Yes, backorders for the White Deep Covered Baker will still be fulfilled once the product is back in stock.</p><H2>4. How will the changes affect commissions and host rewards?</H2><p>The changes may affect commissions and host rewards for orders that include the White Deep Covered Baker or the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker after the designated cut-off dates. Orders will be adjusted accordingly.</p><H2>5. Will the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker still be available for purchase?</H2><p>Yes, the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker will still be available for purchase, but as a host-only item with a limit of one Baker per Show. Hosts may purchase it with Free Product Value, as a Host Half-Price item, or with their Host Discount using a new host-only item number.</p>

1. What is the reason for the changes to the availability of the Deep Covered Baker?

The reason for the changes is due to manufacturing issues and a decrease in product quantities from suppliers.

2. What does it mean when a product is on "Stop Sell" status?

When a product is on "Stop Sell" status, it means that consultants are not allowed to sell that product until further notice.

3. Can we still backorder the White Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, backorders for the White Deep Covered Baker will still be fulfilled once the product is back in stock.

4. How will the changes affect commissions and host rewards?

The changes may affect commissions and host rewards for orders that include the White Deep Covered Baker or the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker after the designated cut-off dates. Orders will be adjusted accordingly.

5. Will the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker still be available for purchase?

Yes, the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker will still be available for purchase, but as a host-only item with a limit of one Baker per Show. Hosts may purchase it with Free Product Value, as a Host Half-Price item, or with their Host Discount using a new host-only item number.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • vgibsonrn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
leftymac
Replies