1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: DCB hamburg recipe?

1. Monty060609

Monty060609 Member

Any one have a suggestion?

I finally got my Christmas present from my sister, and SURPRISE it was a deep covered baker LOL. Now I'm dying to try it out. I just took some hamburger out of the freezer for tonight so the next step is to find a recipe to try out.

TIA

Jan 4, 2010
  2. MLinAZ

MLinAZ Member Gold Member

You could make the Glazed Teriyaki Meatballs and Noodles that is on the catalog cover and in the Weekday Dinners...Done!

Jan 4, 2010
  3. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

There's also the South of the Border Meatloaf in the SBRC.

Jan 4, 2010
  4. taterbug

taterbug Member

This doesn't have an official name but we usually call it Cheeseburger Pie. Prior to the DCB, I cooked it in the oven:
    1 pound or so of ground beef, cooked, crumbled and drained
    2 cans of cheddar soup
    1 can cream of chicken (or mushroom)
    ------or, just use three cans of cheddar
    1 small bag frozen southern style hashbrowns
    1 pack (2 cups) shredded cheese
    Mix ground beef, soups and hashbrowns together and pour in baking dish. Bake at 350 for approximately an hour. Remove and sprinkle shredded cheese on top; return to oven until cheese has melted.
    Now with the DCB, I mix everything together but put it in the microwave for about 25 - 30 minutes. Add the shredded cheese and put back in for a few minutes.
    Oh, salt and pepper to taste. It is also good topped with ranch dressing or ketchup.

Jan 5, 2010
  5. The PC recipe South of the Border Meat Loaf is really good (copied and pasted from the PC website below. Or you can make whatever meat loaf you normally make and it's just as good, even the McCormick seasoning packet meat loaf.

1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped poblano or green bell pepper
    1 medium onion (1/2 cup/125 mL finely chopped)
    1/2 cup (125 mL) very finely crushed authentic restaurant-style tortilla chips (about 1 1/2 cups/375 mL whole chips)
    1 cup (250 mL) ketchup
    2 tbsp (30 mL) Chipotle Rub
    1 1/2 lbs (700 g) 85% lean ground beef
    1 egg
    1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
    Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)

Directions:
    1. Finely chop peppers and onion with Food Chopper. Place chips into large resealable plastic bag; very finely crush using Meat Tenderizer to measure 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbs. Combine ketchup and rub in Small Batter Bowl; stir with Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. In Stainless (6-qt./6-L) Mixing Bowl, combine pepper, onion, tortilla chip crumbs, 3/4 cup (175 mL) of the ketchup mixture, beef, egg and 1 cup (250 mL) of the cheese; mix well.
    2. Place meat mixture in Deep Covered Baker; form into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-in. (22 x 12-cm) loaf. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 14-17 minutes or until Digital Pocket Thermometer inserted in center of meat loaf registers 145°F (63°C). Remove baker from microwave. With Chef's Silicone Basting Brush, brush remaining ketchup mixture over meat loaf. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 3-5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C) in the center.
    3. Sprinkle remaining cheese over meat loaf; cover and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle cilantro over meat loaf, if desired.

Jan 6, 2010
  6. Monty060609

Monty060609 Member

Thanks everyone. I fully intended to make the meat loaf until hubby decided to try cooking on his own without me and believe it or not he messed it up.
    So that recipe will have to wait. :)

Jan 6, 2010
Have something to add?