• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make DCB Grilled Chicken Penne in the Oven Instead of the Microwave?

In summary, the dish that the guest wants can be made in the oven, but it may need to be cooked for a longer time than what is recommended in the recipe.
pc_jessica
Okay so I am doing a show on Wed. and the one thing she really wants is this dish, however where we are having her party the microwave is not big enough. My question is has anyone made this in the oven?? and if so how long do you cook it for?? TIA

Could you do the chicken at home, and then put the recipe together and serve it from the DCB? Tell the guests the dimensions needed for it to be make in the microwave.

I have some recipes that have been done in the oven, when the microwave is not adequate. I will look and see if I can find them to include here, in a few minutes.

thanks any help is much appreciated!

I don't see the point of doing this recipe if you don't do it in the microwave. We want to show off how this recipe can be done quickly without having to turn on the oven and heat up the house.I'd choose something else--perhaps a 12" skillet recipe?

i only wish i had the 12" skillet i'm still new and just lucky i have more pc items than what came in my starter kit! i was a pc junky before :) if i do this recipe i was just going to tell them how it can be made in microwave, but that this certain microwave is just too small. this was not going to be the demo just another recipe for guests to try at the show. the demo is the warm nutty brownies yummy

It works fine in the oven. 350 for about 40 minutes...I think. I think all the micro recipes can be turned into oven recipes. I like to show people that no matter what you have to cook in.. our recipes work.

ChefMary412 said:
It works fine in the oven. 350 for about 40 minutes...I think. I think all the micro recipes can be turned into oven recipes. I like to show people that no matter what you have to cook in.. our recipes work.

i like that saying!!!

Deep Covered Baker Oven Recipes is in our Files, somewhere. I will try to attach what I originally got here, and added my name to. I don't know how to delete my name, so you have a blank.

I've tried three times to attach what I have. If you want to private
e-mail me, perhaps I can send it directly to you.

i pm'd you my email address :)

My last show we made this recipe when I arrived at the host home I found out her microwave was to small for DCB , so we cooked the penne noodles before we added them to the recipe cooked everything else in the oven according to the recipe for the microwave - the skins on the cherry tomatoes could have been alittle softer, but other than that it turned out fine. They all said they enjoyed it.

I'm having this issue now. I have had 3 shows where the DCB doesn't fit. Luckily a friend brought a microwave! LOL. This show I am doing on Friday called and said her microwave is not big enough. I'm thinking of doing a trifle recipe. I hate doing something I haven't practiced. Maybe even the jalopeno poppers or something. I don't know, but better figure it out quick!

1. What ingredients are needed to make Dcb Grilled Chicken Penne?

The ingredients needed for Dcb Grilled Chicken Penne are chicken breast, penne pasta, bell peppers, red onion, garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, chicken broth, and grated Parmesan cheese.

2. Can I substitute the chicken with another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with other proteins such as shrimp, tofu, or even steak. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. How do I make the chicken for this recipe?

To make the chicken, marinate the chicken breast with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper for at least 30 minutes. Then, grill the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.

4. Can I use a different type of pasta for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of pasta for this recipe. However, penne pasta works best as it holds the sauce and ingredients well.

5. How do I store leftover Dcb Grilled Chicken Penne?

Leftover Dcb Grilled Chicken Penne can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When reheating, add a splash of chicken broth or water to prevent the pasta from drying out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Loveh20mi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
bcowdin
  • babywings76