• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Chicken Fajitas in the Oven: Tips & Tricks

In summary, the author is trying to figure out how to do chicken fajitas in a microwave and will be using a recipe from a cookbook. The author recommends cooking at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. They will also cut up the meat beforehand.
pattybrady
I've searched lots of threads on fajitas and can't find the answer so hope someone can help. I've got a show tomorrow with a host whose microwave is too small for the DCB, but she still wants to do the chicken fajitas and just describe for people how they can be done in the microwave too.

Our plan is to start the chicken/peppers/onions in the oven before guests arrive, then do the guac and salad chopper salsa as the demo. Has anyone done these in a regular oven before? What temp did you use and for how long? I didn't get a chance to do a trial run at home this week. I'm guessing 350 for 30-35 mins or so--does that sound about right?

Thanks!

I haven't actually done it, I use the Weekday Dinners Done recipe in the microwave BUT I would cook at 350 and have the meat cut up before cooking. This way it really should only take maybe 20-25 minutes depending upon how much you're making. Just check for pink.

Do you have the grill pan or the 12 in. skillet? I'd do the recipe in one of those and do it on the stove. Maybe there's a dessert you could do in the oven with the DCB if you were still wishing to show off that piece.

My DH and kids love the fajitas and our microwave at home is to small for the DCB.... SO I always cook them in the oven. 400 degrees for about 45 min for whole chicken breast... That is with the onions and peppers in it as well.

alabama pc cons. said:
My DH and kids love the fajitas and our microwave at home is to small for the DCB.... SO I always cook them in the oven. 400 degrees for about 45 min for whole chicken breast... That is with the onions and peppers in it as well.

Great, thanks!

Thanks to everyone else as well for the suggestions. :)

You are so very welcome... Have a wonderful weekend.

What temperature should I set my oven to for cooking chicken fajitas?

The oven should be preheated to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for cooking chicken fajitas.

How long should I cook chicken fajitas in the oven?

Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken and the type of oven used. Generally, chicken fajitas should be cooked for 20-25 minutes.

Do I need to marinate the chicken before cooking?

While marinating the chicken can add more flavor, it is not necessary for cooking chicken fajitas in the oven. You can still achieve delicious results without marinating.

Can I cook the chicken fajitas with the vegetables?

Yes, you can cook the chicken fajitas with the vegetables in the same pan. It is recommended to cut the vegetables into similar sizes as the chicken for even cooking.

How can I ensure that the chicken is fully cooked?

The best way to ensure that the chicken is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit before removing it from the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • Dotty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
schel
  • accooks13