• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Dessert Recipes in the DCB: Apple Cherry Crisp & More

In summary, the conversation discusses various recipes for desserts in a DCB (Deep Covered Baker). One recipe suggested is a simple apple crisp made with apple pie filling, cake mix, and melted butter. Another recipe is a pineapple cake from the AD (Area Director) and the third recipe is for Mom's Apple Crisp from ALL THE BEST, which is made with wholesome ingredients and can be easily adapted to personal taste preferences. The conversation also mentions using healthy ingredients and the benefits of using a whole grain flour.
gilchrist_pchef
Okay what are some more recipes for desserts in the DCB??? I know the apple cherry crisp and the bread pudding ones.... what else?

My favorite to demo when I'm doing another recipe at a show is this:

One can of apple pie filling
One dry white cake mix
One stick of butter, melted

Put the apples in the bottom of teh baker, and sprinkle the cake mix over it. Pour the melted butter as evenly as possible over the cake mix. Microwave for about 15 minutes (ovens vary!!) and VOILA! Apple crisp. Yum. Its SOOOOOO good and people are always SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO impressed!!!

Here are three recipes my AD uses. I've had the pineapple cake, and it ROCKS.

HTH!

Attachments

• DCB 3 cakes.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 659
Thanks! These sound awesome... can't wait to try them out. I sure all the family coming in for Thanksgiving are gonna love tasting these.

I gotta beat the drum for Mom's Apple Crisp from ALL THE BEST - you won't believe how good it is; and it is made entirely from wholesome (i.e., non-manufactured) ingredients, too. If you don't have the AP/C/S, don't let that stop you. User the wedger and then cut each wedge in half lengthwise - that works, too. An if you are a fan of fiber, scrub your apples and leave the peel on before wedging. Also, you can substitute Cinnamon Plus for the cinnamon and nutmeg. Substitute any baking apples for the Granny Smith. Try it you'll love it.
MOM’S APPLE CRISP
• 6 Granny Smith apples (about 8 cups slices; 3 lbs.)
• 8 graham crackers (2 1/2 by 5 inches), coarsely chopped
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup all purpose flour
• 1/2 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
• 1 t. cinnamon
• 1/2 t. nutmeg
• 1/2 cup butter or margarine

1. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half; place in Deep Covered Baker.
2. Coarsely chop graham crackers using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Add brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon; mix well. Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker®; Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted. Add butter to dry ingredients; mix well.
3. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over apples. Microwave uncovered on HIGH 14-16 minutes or until apples are tender. Cool slightly. Serve Warm topped with ice cream, if desired.
Yield: 10 servings.
NOTE: If microwave does not have a turntable, rotate the baker after 8 minutes of cooking.​

LeslieSGI said:
I gotta beat the drum for Mom's Apple Crisp from ALL THE BEST - you won't believe how good it is; and it is made entirely from wholesome (i.e., non-manufactured) ingredients, too. If you don't have the AP/C/S, don't let that stop you. User the wedger and then cut each wedge in half lengthwise - that works, too. An if you are a fan of fiber, scrub your apples and leave the peel on before wedging. Also, you can substitute Cinnamon Plus for the cinnamon and nutmeg. Substitute any baking apples for the Granny Smith. Try it you'll love it.
MOM’S APPLE CRISP
• 6 Granny Smith apples (about 8 cups slices; 3 lbs.)
• 8 graham crackers (2 1/2 by 5 inches), coarsely chopped
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup all purpose flour
• 1/2 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
• 1 t. cinnamon
• 1/2 t. nutmeg
• 1/2 cup butter or margarine

1. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half; place in Deep Covered Baker.
2. Coarsely chop graham crackers using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Add brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon; mix well. Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker®; Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted. Add butter to dry ingredients; mix well.
3. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over apples. Microwave uncovered on HIGH 14-16 minutes or until apples are tender. Cool slightly. Serve Warm topped with ice cream, if desired.
Yield: 10 servings.
NOTE: If microwave does not have a turntable, rotate the baker after 8 minutes of cooking.​

I TOTALLY agree!

We LOVE this dessert at our house, and I've used it a lot as a demo.

I feel like it's a healthy dessert - but no one else has to know!;) It's fairly low in sugar (for dessert) and is full of all kinds of healthy things - apples, oatmeal, cinnamon (I add extra cinnamon sprinkled over the apples), and I use a whole grain flour.

mountainmama74 said:

One dry white cake mix

Put the apples in the bottom of teh baker, and sprinkle the cake mix over it. Pour the melted butter as evenly as possible over the cake mix. Microwave for about 15 minutes (ovens vary!!) and VOILA! Apple crisp. Yum. Its SOOOOOO good and people are always SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO impressed!!!

How many oz/grams of cake mix would this be? In Canada I think our cake mixes come in different sizes than in the US.

I made a molten chocolate chocolate cake in DCB before I went to a show...then we made the black forrest trifle! YUMMY!! The show was a kick off show for a new recruit. It closed at $1,203 w/ 3 bookings and 2 recruit leads. One is signing on Monday!!

mountainmama74 said:

One dry white cake mix

Do you put the cover on when you cook it.

1. What is the DCB?

The DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile and convenient stoneware dish from Pampered Chef that is perfect for baking delicious desserts like apple cherry crisp.

2. Can I use frozen fruit in the apple cherry crisp recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen fruit in this recipe. Just make sure to thaw the fruit completely and drain any excess liquid before using.

3. How long does it take to bake the apple cherry crisp in the DCB?

The baking time for the apple cherry crisp may vary depending on your oven, but it usually takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour at 375°F.

4. Can I make substitutions in the apple cherry crisp recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions to suit your preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free flour or oats, or replace the butter with coconut oil for a dairy-free option.

5. Can I double the recipe for a larger crowd?

Yes, you can double the recipe and use a larger DCB or two DCBs to accommodate a larger crowd. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meganmcg
  • ChefJWarren
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefa
  • Tean94