1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: DCB Desserts???

1. gilchrist_pchef

gilchrist_pchef Member

Okay what are some more recipes for desserts in the DCB??? I know the apple cherry crisp and the bread pudding ones.... what else?

2. mountainmama74

mountainmama74 Advanced Member Gold Member

My favorite to demo when I'm doing another recipe at a show is this:

One can of apple pie filling
    One dry white cake mix
    One stick of butter, melted

Put the apples in the bottom of teh baker, and sprinkle the cake mix over it. Pour the melted butter as evenly as possible over the cake mix. Microwave for about 15 minutes (ovens vary!!) and VOILA! Apple crisp. Yum. Its SOOOOOO good and people are always SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO impressed!!!

3. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

Here are three recipes my AD uses. I've had the pineapple cake, and it ROCKS.

HTH!

Attached Files:

Nov 16, 2009
  4. gilchrist_pchef

gilchrist_pchef Member

Thanks! These sound awesome... can't wait to try them out. I sure all the family coming in for Thanksgiving are gonna love tasting these.

5. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Member Gold Member

I gotta beat the drum for Mom's Apple Crisp from ALL THE BEST - you won't believe how good it is; and it is made entirely from wholesome (i.e., non-manufactured) ingredients, too. If you don't have the AP/C/S, don't let that stop you. User the wedger and then cut each wedge in half lengthwise - that works, too. An if you are a fan of fiber, scrub your apples and leave the peel on before wedging. Also, you can substitute Cinnamon Plus for the cinnamon and nutmeg. Substitute any baking apples for the Granny Smith. Try it you'll love it.
    MOM’S APPLE CRISP
    • 6 Granny Smith apples (about 8 cups slices; 3 lbs.)
    • 8 graham crackers (2 1/2 by 5 inches), coarsely chopped
    • 3/4 cup brown sugar
    • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
    • 1/2 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
    • 1 t. cinnamon
    • 1/2 t. nutmeg
    • 1/2 cup butter or margarine

1. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half; place in Deep Covered Baker.
    2. Coarsely chop graham crackers using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Add brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon; mix well. Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker®; Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted. Add butter to dry ingredients; mix well.
    3. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over apples. Microwave uncovered on HIGH 14-16 minutes or until apples are tender. Cool slightly. Serve Warm topped with ice cream, if desired.
    Yield: 10 servings.
    NOTE: If microwave does not have a turntable, rotate the baker after 8 minutes of cooking.​

Nov 17, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I TOTALLY agree!

We LOVE this dessert at our house, and I've used it a lot as a demo.

I feel like it's a healthy dessert - but no one else has to know!;) It's fairly low in sugar (for dessert) and is full of all kinds of healthy things - apples, oatmeal, cinnamon (I add extra cinnamon sprinkled over the apples), and I use a whole grain flour.

Nov 17, 2009
  7. scrappergirl7

scrappergirl7 Novice Member

How many oz/grams of cake mix would this be? In Canada I think our cake mixes come in different sizes than in the US.

Nov 24, 2009
  8. Chefgirl2

Chefgirl2 Advanced Member Gold Member

I made a molten chocolate chocolate cake in DCB before I went to a show...then we made the black forrest trifle! YUMMY!! The show was a kick off show for a new recruit. It closed at $1,203 w/ 3 bookings and 2 recruit leads. One is signing on Monday!!

Nov 24, 2009
  9. Do you put the cover on when you cook it.

Jan 16, 2010
Have something to add?