• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying Out My New DCB - Delicious Results!

In summary, a conversation was had about using the DCB for cooking desserts. Some suggestions for recipes were given, such as Mom's Apple Crisp and Dump Cake. It was recommended to cook the Mom's Apple Crisp with the lid off for a crispy result. The size of the DCB was discussed, with the minimum microwave size being 13x13x7. Another dessert idea was shared, but the exact recipe and microwave time needed to be confirmed. The conversation also included clarifications on how to make the Dump Cake and the amount of butter needed.
bridgetbakes
I finally caved and bought the DCB with my host benefits at my October Open House. I used it this week for the very first time on the "No Peek Chicken" and LOVED how it came out. Yumm-O!

I was hoping that I could use the DCB for some desserts but haven't been able to find many recipes. Does anyone know have recipes besides the Caramel Bread Pudding and the Peach Cobbler?

I do the Mom's Apple Crisp (All the Best) in it instead of the DDB.

pamperedlinda said:
I do the Mom's Apple Crisp (All the Best) in it instead of the DDB.

Do you cook it for the same amount of time?

pamperedharriet said:
Do you cook it for the same amount of time?

I cook for 15 mins - is that the same?

Oh, and last night I used the citrus press to squeeze lemon on the apples and I added 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the topping ingredients. I chopped the pecans with the food chopper and I crushed the graham crackers with the meat tenderizer (put them in a zip baggie)

Thanks Linda! I assume you make the Apple Crisp with the Lid on?

Any other dessert ideas out there? Keem 'em coming!

bridgetbakes said:
Thanks Linda! I assume you make the Apple Crisp with the Lid on?

Any other dessert ideas out there? Keem 'em coming!

The recipe for the Mom's Apple Crisp is for lid off. If you did it with the lid on, you'd have uncrispy Crisp. :confused: (I'm not Linda....but we often have the same ideas about cooking.:D;))

ChefBeckyD said:
The recipe for the Mom's Apple Crisp is for lid off. If you did it with the lid on, you'd have uncrispy Crisp. :confused: (I'm not Linda....but we often have the same ideas about cooking.:D;))

Exactly :)

No lid. Follow the same directions - just use the DCB instead of the DDB.

I am making this at my show on Sunday and the host has asked what size microwave fits the DCB dish... I gave her the measurements of the dcb but if any of you know the sz for the microwave I would be super thankful !!!:)

pamperedlinda said:
I cook for 15 mins - is that the same?

Sorry for not responding sooner, I was looking for the cookbook. Yes, it says 14-15 minutes in the microwave.

LCOLACHICO said:
I am making this at my show on Sunday and the host has asked what size microwave fits the DCB dish... I gave her the measurements of the dcb but if any of you know the sz for the microwave I would be super thankful !!!:)

13x13x7 is minimum microwave size for the DCB.

Does anyone have any other desserts in the DCB?

janezapchef said:
Does anyone have any other desserts in the DCB?

Yes, but I need to find it... very easy, 3 ingrediants, just need to double check the microwave time. BRB :)

Dump Cake
2 cans apple pie filling or (any flavor you like)
1 box Duncan Hines Cake Mix
1 stick butter or margarine

Put apples in bottom of baker, then dry cake mix on top and even out, pour melted butter on top. All of your mix will not be wet.
Cover and microwave for 10 minutes, then mix slightly, cover and microwave another 3 minutes. Then keep covered for 5 more
minutes and let sit. I set the microwave for 3 and my clock timer for 8. Serve with ice cream. The spice cake really gives it more flavor.
You can have your Cinnamon and Carmel Sprinkles out for them to use also. I totaled it up and you can use over $217 worth of products.

You use DCB
Small Scraper
Ice cream scooper
micro cooker
can opener

Just to clarify because it seems strange to me, but do you stir it up first before microwaving?

janezapchef said:
Just to clarify because it seems strange to me, but do you stir it up first before microwaving?

nope, I know it sounds odd and it was also odd it had no eggs and oil. I was skeptical at first, but it is sooo good and I make this once a week for my family, we love it :) Just mix slightly after 1st 10 minutes of microwaving.
try it and let me know what you think :)

Okay all, the stores in my area (5 of them) only sell butter in one pound blocks. How much is one stick so I can go give this a try right now? 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, what?

Also, I only have cherry pie filling, so should I go with chocolate or vanilla cake mix? Thoughts?

will do, but not today. thanks for getting back!

One stick = 1/4 pound of butter, so, 1/4 of the block. Make sense? I'm not sure about the other questions though.

kcjodih said:
Okay all, the stores in my area (5 of them) only sell butter in one pound blocks. How much is one stick so I can go give this a try right now?

Also, I only have cherry pie filling, so should I go with chocolate or vanilla cake mix? Thoughts?

It's 4 sticks to a pound - each stick is 1/2 cup or 8 tablespoons. hth

Nevermind, I read it again. I'd go with chocolate, but that's always my choice!

Okay thanks Jane and Linda. 1/2 cup butter, trying cherry and chocolate. I'll report back once it's done.

Alright so what's the wattage in your microwave for those of you who have made this because I'm at the 'sit for 5 minute stage' and it still doesn't look anything like cake!!

merego said:
Dump Cake

Put apples in bottom of baker, then dry cake mix on top and even out, pour melted butter on top. All of your mix will not be wet.
Cover and microwave for 10 minutes, then mix slightly, cover and microwave another 3 minutes. Then keep covered for 5 more
minutes and let sit. I set the microwave for 3 and my clock timer for 8. Serve with ice cream. The spice cake really gives it more flavor.
You can have your Cinnamon and Carmel Sprinkles out for them to use also. I totaled it up and you can use over $217 worth of products.

You use DCB
Small Scraper
Ice cream scooper
micro cooker
can opener

This is also good with peaches and walnuts on top.

merego said:
Dump Cake

You use DCB
Small Scraper
Ice cream scooper
micro cooker
can opener

Thanks, Meredith for this recipe! It sounds wonderful and is something else that I have been looking for to make in the DCB--I can't wait to make it. I think my DH will love it too! Spice cake with apple pie filling is great!:chef:

I've been doing just the WW cola cake. Very inexpensive! When I make this cake in the Flued pan I dump it out, but in the DCB I leave it in.

1 box cake mix
1 can diet cola
1/2 - 3/4 tub frosting.

I mix the cake in the stone then plop the icing on top of the batter and microwave for 10 minutes!!! YUM! YUM! YUM! Without the icing it is 3 points I believe.

Another great recipe. Don't know why I never thought of putting this in the DCB too!

Chef Kearns said:
I've been doing just the WW cola cake. Very inexpensive! When I make this cake in the Flued pan I dump it out, but in the DCB I leave it in.

1 box cake mix
1 can diet cola
1/2 - 3/4 tub frosting.

I mix the cake in the stone then plop the icing on top of the batter and microwave for 10 minutes!!! YUM! YUM! YUM! Without the icing it is 3 points I believe.

This may be a stupid question but does it have to be diet cola? I'm allergic to artificial sweeteners!!

Bev, you can put in whatever soda you want. Because it is a Weight Watcher recipe without the frosting they suggested diet soda.

just mix & soda? is it dry? I do the 60 sec cake (which takes about 75 secs in my mic) and I find that it is kinda dry??

That dump cake recipe reminds me of a recipe I got from a Tupperware lady that you make in one of their large containers. I love it, but always thought tupperware was kind of ugly to serve in, so using the DCB is perfect! So here it is, pretty much the same as mentioned before, but a few things added.Black Forest Microwave Cake8 oz crushed pineapple
21 oz cherry pie filling
Devils Food Cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
1 stick melted butterDrain pineapple, reserve liquid. Spread pineapple in the bottom of dish. Add pie filling and spread gently. Sprinkle dry cake mix onto filling. Top with pecans. Combine melted butter with pineapple juice and pour over top. Microwave on high 12 minutes. Cool. Great served with Cool Whip on top.

I'm not familiar with dump cake. Is is called that because you dump the ingredients in the DCB, or do you dump it out after it is baked (like pineapple upside-down cake)? Sound's yummy!!

Curious--why is it called Dump Cake? Is it because you dump everything into the DCB, or do you dump it out (like a pineapple upside-down cake) after it is baked?
Dianne

cactus_flower said:
Curious--why is it called Dump Cake? Is it because you dump everything into the DCB, or do you dump it out (like a pineapple upside-down cake) after it is baked?
Dianne

It's called Dump Cake because you "dump" everything in the DCB. You don't dump it out to serve it, you scoop/spoon it out. It's actually alot more like a crisp or cobbler than a cake. I've been making this for years (with or without the DCB) and it's always been a crowd pleaser!

1. What is a DCB and how does it work?

A DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a stoneware baking dish designed by Pampered Chef. It is made of natural clay that is heat-resistant and distributes heat evenly, resulting in delicious and moist dishes. The lid helps trap in moisture, making it perfect for creating tender meats and vegetables.

2. Can I use the DCB for desserts?

Absolutely! The DCB is versatile and can be used for both savory and sweet dishes. Some popular dessert recipes for the DCB include Caramel Bread Pudding, Peach Cobbler, and Apple Crisp. You can also use it to make cakes, brownies, and even cheesecakes.

3. How is the DCB different from other baking dishes?

The DCB is made of stoneware, which is a natural material that is known for its heat retention and even heat distribution. This means that your dishes will cook evenly and be more flavorful. It also has a built-in lid, which helps to trap in moisture and keep your food tender and juicy.

4. How do I care for my DCB?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, making clean-up a breeze. However, we recommend hand washing it with warm water and a mild soap to prolong its lifespan. Avoid using metal utensils on the stoneware surface, as it can cause scratches. Also, make sure to allow the dish to cool down before washing or exposing it to extreme temperature changes.

5. Can I use the DCB in the microwave?

Yes, the DCB is safe to use in the microwave. However, make sure to remove the lid before microwaving. The stoneware material may become hot, so use oven mitts or a towel when handling it. The DCB is also freezer safe, so you can use it to store leftovers or make freezer meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • mrssyvo
  • Products and Tips
Replies