• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick & Easy Cakes for DCB Hosts!

In summary, the molten chocolate lava cake is easy and cheap to make, and is a great dessert to bring to a show. The lemon-cherry crumble in the new Season's Best is good, but definitely more involved than the molten lava cake.
Kelly8
I have been making the molten chocolate lava cake in the microwave in the DCB since it came out! And although most of my hosts still want it at their shows, I would love to be able to offer something different to those hosts who have had it many times. I also always bring the cake mix and chocolate frosting as a thank you to the host, but do ask them to supply vegetable oil and eggs as they are hard to transport. Does anyone have anything different they use that's super quick and easy and cheap like the molten chocolate lava cake?

how about the Microwave Rocky Road Brownie Dessert

That might be an idea?

The lemon-cherry crumble in the new Season's Best is good, but definitely more involved than the molten lava cake.

Yeah, that one looks super yummy, too, but looking for something as easy and cheap as the molten lava cake. Maybe I'll just have to switch up the flavors.

I make the pineapple upside down cake and yesterday I did it in the round covered baker it was a big hit at my show

I was thinking of that one. Something fruity too besides another chocolate recipe.

Jennie50 said:
The lemon-cherry crumble in the new Season's Best is good, but definitely more involved than the molten lava cake.

I second this!! We did it with strawberry and it was so good I was taking bites of it the next day!

well the Pineapple was so easy I did 1 cup of brown sugar 1 can of tidbits and used a jiffy yellow cake mix added the 1 egg and the pineapple juice mixed the cake mixture in a separate bowl and I did this while our other recipe was cooking I had the butter melted already and the cake mix and egg in the bowl so it took seconds to mix and show me putting it in the microwave they loved it! and one of my team mates mentioned today a lot of folks give up chocolate for lent so the fruit is a great wow and switch

I love Moms apple crisp..the one with the 8 graham crackers, quick oats...etc.
I only ask my host to have the 5 apples and coolwhip or ice cream and the flour and brown sugar..I bring the quick oats and crackers..and even sometimes the brown sugar and flour already prepped up in my bowls...they love this recipe and super easy and quick

I dump 2 cans of sugar free pie filling in the DCB then sprinkle a dry cake mix on top of it then melt 1 stick of butter and pour on that. Put lid on and microwave for 14 mins and serve :)

Yellow cake mix with apple pie filling
Chocolate cake mix with cherry pie filling

Oooh Pam! That sounds great and super easy and cheap! I'm going to try! Thanks!

kreaser said:
I love Moms apple crisp..the one with the 8 graham crackers, quick oats...etc.
I only ask my host to have the 5 apples and coolwhip or ice cream and the flour and brown sugar..I bring the quick oats and crackers..and even sometimes the brown sugar and flour already prepped up in my bowls...they love this recipe and super easy and quick

Have you tried cutting the recipe and making it in the RCB yet?

Kelly8 said:
Oooh Pam! That sounds great and super easy and cheap! I'm going to try! Thanks!

It is!!! Just make sure you use atleast one of the pie fillings sugar free or it is way to sweet :)

Pam when I make the dump cake I use regular pie filling and I only use one can

cookinforyou said:
Pam when I make the dump cake I use regular pie filling and I only use one can

I guess it works both ways :)

cookinforyou said:
Have you tried cutting the recipe and making it in the RCB yet?

For our family of 3 - I often do a half-recipe of Mom's Apple Crisp in the mini baker, so I'm sure it will also work in the RCB.

cookinforyou said:
well the Pineapple was so easy I did 1 cup of brown sugar 1 can of tidbits and used a jiffy yellow cake mix added the 1 egg and the pineapple juice mixed the cake mixture in a separate bowl and I did this while our other recipe was cooking I had the butter melted already and the cake mix and egg in the bowl so it took seconds to mix and show me putting it in the microwave they loved it! and one of my team mates mentioned today a lot of folks give up chocolate for lent so the fruit is a great wow and switch

How long does it go in the microwave? Lid on or off? And when you say the "pineapple juice" are you talking about the juice from the tidbits? Thanks for the advice!!

Pam I have a similar recipe but it says to dump in the cake mix, the pie filling, one can on top of the cake mix, then add 1 stick butter cut up. Microwave for 13 minutes and stir it all up then bake again for another 2 minutes. After stirring it up you would put sweet sprinkles on top but now that we do not sell those... I was thinking a quick struessel topping would work. 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cups oats, 1/8 cup sugar and 1/2 stick softened butter all crumbled together and put on top. I like yellow or white cake mix with peach, strawberry, lemon or blueberry pie filling. Chocolate with cherries, now get this, chocolate with orange marmalade even.

pampered1224 said:
Pam I have a similar recipe but it says to dump in the cake mix, the pie filling, one can on top of the cake mix, then add 1 stick butter cut up. Microwave for 13 minutes and stir it all up then bake again for another 2 minutes. After stirring it up you would put sweet sprinkles on top but now that we do not sell those... I was thinking a quick struessel topping would work. 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cups oats, 1/8 cup sugar and 1/2 stick softened butter all crumbled together and put on top. I like yellow or white cake mix with peach, strawberry, lemon or blueberry pie filling. Chocolate with cherries, now get this, chocolate with orange marmalade even.

WOW I will have to try so of the other flavors
:)

1PamperedMommy said:
How long does it go in the microwave? Lid on or off? And when you say the "pineapple juice" are you talking about the juice from the tidbits? Thanks for the advice!!

it depends on the microwave I did in mine a 1200 watt and it was 6 minutes the juice was from the pineapple but the host had a very old microwave and it took a bit longer not sure I think I did 5 2 and 2 more but this microwave could have been deemed an antique Hope that helps

The fun part about a dump cake is the limitations of your own mind! If you know what kind of pie fillings are available in your grocery store or even jams, (use the same amount of jam as the typical size pie filling can measures), you can do almost anything! I heard of one with yellow cake, and a combination of almond paste and apricot jam to make I think it was 16 ounces or two cups, and then the butter. Simply take 8 ounces of almond paste and 8 ounces of apricot jam and mix it up to make a it mushy so the almond paste distributes evenly through out the cake when stirred at the 10 minute mark.
Here it is:
1 Cake mix - if using yellow make sure it is not a butter recipe
1 can pie filling - anything that sounds like it will go with the cake mix
1 1/2 sticks of butter - I thought I had that wrongDistribute cake mix evenly over bottom of DCB. Open pie filling with the Smooth Edge Can Opener and spread evenly over cake mix. Slice butter with Egg Slicer Plus and place over filling. Cover and microwave on high 10 minutes. Stir it all together and cook uncovered for 3 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes and serve with ice cream or whipped topping. Again, the limitations are your own imagination.
If you are using something other than pie filling, keep in mind that this particular part is the liquid needed to activate the cake mix along with the butter so it must be a moist layer. You may need to add some water to loosen.
Yellow or white with 8 ounce almond paste and 8 ounces apricot preserves well mixed together, top with slice almonds after mixing and before the last three minutes so they toast.
Chocolate with 15 or 16 ounces orange marmalade or raspberry jam/pie filling or strawberry jam/pie filling
Chocolate with cherry pie filling
I love yellow or white with peach pie filling and chopped pecans added after the mix to top it off. OOps I forgot - instead of the butter, use 8 ounces of cream cheese mixed with 1/4 cup powdered sugar and it gives the cake a denser feel almost like pound cake but it takes on the flavor of cheese cake - Peaches and Cream Cake

Last edited:
I made a white cake in the round baker for a show on Saturday. I topped it with strawberries and strawberry glaze and cool whip piped on with accent decorator. Pretty and tasty!!! Big hit with all my guests!

Did you use regular pie filling or actual pastry filling for this recipe?

Jennie50 said:

NewtoMom said:
Did you use regular pie filling or actual pastry filling for this recipe?

I couldn't find pastry filling at the Kroger's where I was shopping, so I used 1/2 jar of cherry and white peach pie filling that I found. It was very good!

What is the molten chocolate lava cake recipe? This is different then the German chocolate lava cake right?

The DCB recipe I use is 1 chocolate cake mix (take your pick of flavors) and ingredients to make it. I dump them all in and whisk while we go around for introductions. Distribute 1 container chocolate frosting using medium scoop over top of mixed cake mix. Microwave uncovered for 12 minutes. Done! Serve warm. Often I'll add a cup of creamy peanut butter using the small scoop at the end for Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cake.

DebPC said:
The DCB recipe I use is 1 chocolate cake mix (take your pick of flavors) and ingredients to make it. I dump them all in and whisk while we go around for introductions. Distribute 1 container chocolate frosting using medium scoop over top of mixed cake mix. Microwave uncovered for 12 minutes. Done! Serve warm.
So simple, yet so well received!

1. What is the DCB Hosts program?

The DCB Hosts program is a special program offered by Pampered Chef for our loyal customers who love our Deep Covered Baker (DCB). It allows them to earn rewards and discounts by hosting a party and inviting their friends and family to learn about our products and shop for their favorite kitchen tools.

2. How do I earn free cakes through the Quick & Easy Cakes for DCB Hosts program?

As a DCB Host, you can earn free cakes by hosting a party with at least $200 in sales and having at least one guest book their own party. The more parties booked from your party, the more free cakes you can earn!

3. Can I choose which cakes I want for free?

Yes, you can choose any cake from our Quick & Easy Cakes collection for your free cake. We have a variety of delicious flavors to choose from, including chocolate, vanilla, lemon, and more!

4. Are the Quick & Easy Cakes specifically designed for the DCB?

Our Quick & Easy Cakes were created with the DCB in mind, but they can also be made in other baking dishes. However, the DCB's unique design helps the cakes bake evenly and produce a moist and delicious result.

5. Do I have to be a DCB Host to purchase the Quick & Easy Cakes?

No, anyone can purchase our Quick & Easy Cakes. However, if you are a DCB Host, you can earn them for free by hosting a party and inviting your friends and family to learn about our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mama2bowbaby
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dalesley
  • reneenshelcook4u
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • shannonjennings