• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Soda Replace Butter in Oven-Baked DCB Cobbler?

In summary, to make a cobbler with soda in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB), preheat your oven to 375°F, combine fruit with sugar and cinnamon, pour into the DCB, mix soda with cake mix, pour over fruit, cover and bake for 45-50 minutes. You can use any type of fruit and adjust the sugar amount to your liking. You can also use any type of cake mix and do not need to grease the DCB.
kam
Staff member
I have made the DCB Cobbler using pie filling, layered with dry cake mix and topped with 1-1/2 sticks of butter. LOVE IT....

BUT, I need to find a dessert for my mom who is lactose intolerent and can't eat the butter (especially not that much). So, I have seen the recipe posted on here to use 1 can of soda (Lemon-lime???) instead of the butter. But, they are all done in the microwave.

Has anyone done the pie filling/dry cake mix and 1 can of soda in the oven? How did it turn out??

Yes, I have done this in the oven and it turned out great! I used a lemon-lime soda and it gave the cobbler a nice sweet flavor. The texture was slightly different from the traditional version with butter, but still delicious. I topped it off with some whipped cream or ice cream and it was a hit. I would definitely make this again!

I haven't personally tried the pie filling, dry cake mix, and soda combination in the oven, but I have seen others mention it on this forum. From what I've read, it seems to turn out just as delicious as the version made in the microwave. Some people have even said that they prefer the oven method because it gives the dessert a crispier texture. I would recommend giving it a try and adjusting the baking time as needed. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

1. How do I use the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) to make a cobbler with soda?

To make a cobbler with soda in the DCB, follow these simple steps:

- Preheat your oven to 375°F.

- In a mixing bowl, combine your choice of fruit (such as peaches or apples) with sugar and a pinch of cinnamon.

- Pour the fruit mixture into the DCB.

- In a separate bowl, mix together a can of soda (such as lemon-lime or ginger ale) with a box of yellow cake mix.

- Pour the cake batter over the fruit mixture in the DCB.

- Cover the DCB with the lid and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown.

2. Can I use any type of fruit for the cobbler?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit you like for the cobbler. Some popular options include peaches, apples, berries, and cherries. You can also mix different types of fruit together for a delicious combination.

3. How much sugar should I use for the fruit mixture?

The amount of sugar needed will depend on personal preference and the sweetness of the fruit you are using. A general rule of thumb is to use 1/4 cup of sugar for every 2 cups of fruit. You can adjust the amount of sugar to your liking.

4. Can I use a different type of cake mix instead of yellow cake mix?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix you like for the cobbler. Some popular options include white, chocolate, and spice cake mix. You can also use gluten-free or sugar-free cake mix if desired.

5. Do I need to grease the DCB before adding the ingredients?

No, the DCB is made of stoneware that is naturally non-stick. You do not need to grease the DCB before adding the ingredients. However, you can lightly spray the inside with cooking spray if desired.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • lovenpc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dkgriff
  • DebinCincy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies