• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Finding Info on DCB Bundles: What Was Included & How Did It Help Sales?

In summary, the author offers a discount on bundles of products including salad choppers and a smokey chicken bbq sandwich recipe. She offers free shipping to customers who purchase the bundle.
Melissa78
Gold Member
Ok all - I'm tired of searching and was hoping maybe one of you know how to find what I am looking for. I know I read a post on DCB "bundles" but I cannot find what was included in the bundle. I believe I read that it greatly helped sales and if so, was there something in particular done to push the bundle. Yes, I did do a "search" (and have been at it for more time than I'd like to admit...) but perhaps I'm not using the right wording. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Look in files under $99...it's towards the bottom of the list "Dinner in No Time"

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I orginally heard about it through the thread titled "Incredible Call". I'm really new to PC, but I am pretty sure this is what you are looking for!

Michael Reeves does a baker bundle, DCB, salad choppers, a pantry rub of your choice and a season's best. Retail $99, he offers 10% and free shipping. Had sold a bundle of these this year, something like 71!

I am not that generous and only offer free shipping (4.25) to any who purchase this. I started this month and sold 6 baker bundles in 4 shows. Great for me, seeing that I hadn't sold even 1 baker all year long. I do the smokey chicken bbq sandwiches as my demo and am in love with the recipe and the baker.

Try searching for DCB set rather than bundle. I think the files are named set.

I created my own bundle because I hadn't heard great things about the salad choppers and I don't own them yet to test myself.

I offered free shipping at the first show I offered it at. I'm contemplating the idea of offering a free product instead though like the pocket thermometer since it would also count towards sales. I have until Saturday to decide :)

And here is why I love CS! I won't even divulge how much time I spent reading post after post looking for such information. I know I read the original post a few weeks back but the amount of reading I have done on CS is prob the equivalent to most of Grishams novels (or so it feels).

So as a newbie, (this may sound like a bad question), does he still make good money if he is offering so much of a discount? the 10% disc we'll say is $10.00 and then another $4.25. I may be sounding cheap here (or thinking about it in the wrong way) but isn't that like giving away all of your profits? If that is all one customer buys, I just gave away approx 15% of the 20% in commission? In those terms, I do like the free shipping idea only better. As a customer though, then I think "oh so I spend $100 and you're only giving me something of $4.25 value?" (I know people love free stuff but when we talk $100, I don't know if the 4.25 really sounds like a bargain - although they qualify for the $60 and over freebie).

I guess we can talk in Sam Walton (Wal-Mart founder) terms though....sell cheap in bulk and make more in the end.

Melissa78 said:
And here is why I love CS! I won't even divulge how much time I spent reading post after post looking for such information. I know I read the original post a few weeks back but the amount of reading I have done on CS is prob the equivalent to most of Grishams novels (or so it feels).

So as a newbie, (this may sound like a bad question), does he still make good money if he is offering so much of a discount? the 10% disc we'll say is $10.00 and then another $4.25. I may be sounding cheap here (or thinking about it in the wrong way) but isn't that like giving away all of your profits? If that is all one customer buys, I just gave away approx 15% of the 20% in commission? In those terms, I do like the free shipping idea only better. As a customer though, then I think "oh so I spend $100 and you're only giving me something of $4.25 value?" (I know people love free stuff but when we talk $100, I don't know if the 4.25 really sounds like a bargain - although they qualify for the $60 and over freebie).

I guess we can talk in Sam Walton (Wal-Mart founder) terms though....sell cheap in bulk and make more in the end.

I love this idea and hadn't heard it before so thanks for bringing it up - well, back up I guess! Anyway, in answer to your question I think that the free shipping is awesome. So many people complane about shipping that I think saying I have this awesome package you can buy for $99 and here's what you can do with it - then name a bunch of different recipes that are under 30 minutes that they can do with those products. And say "I am so excited for everyone to get one of these bakers to see how much it can help them feed their families healthy, inexpensive meals in a short time, that I am offering free shipping to anyone who purchases my special $99 bundle - and as an added bonus when you purchase this set you will qualify for the guest special which means you will get an additional......for FREE" I don't think anyone will say, boy - she's cheap, only giving me $4.25. This is a business and our good customers know that. I think the customers you are trying to reach will appreciate the "bonus" of free shipping. And the one's who still complain are probably never going to be buying anything from you again anyway.

Just my 2cents!

Thanks Sharon! I came from 11+ years in retail and I still always hear 'the voices' squaking at me so I tend to think of all sides even when those sides are the negative. I do have to agree with you and I really liked the way you phrased the bundle. As in the original thread it was compared to McDonalds Value Meals...you're really not getting a huge deal, just the decision is much easier to make and the thought that you're getting a deal is there.

Thanks for your 2 cents. With mine we now have 4 cents.... anyone else feel free to add your cents to the change pile!

I disagree with giving free shipping...We have the cheapest shipping of nearly any direct sales company. Why even bring it up as an issue by offering it for free...I offer the thermometer for free and just add it to the hosts order to get it cheapest :)

I too offer the pocket thermometer but put it on the customers order so the host doesn't have to keep up with who gets one and who doesn't. The reason: 1. Higher comm. sales (I will get paid on this gift) 2. Higher show sales for the host 3. Customer gets something out of it and they earn the guest special. I see it as a win-win for all! I also will not offer free shipping since ours is so cheap. I also tell my customers that we have a really great deal on shipping especially when you think about how big and how heavy some of the things are! When I say that and remind them how other companies charget 10% or more, they are impressed and no longer complain about it.

I think there are a variety of ways to work your bundle. Whatever works best for you is the best thing for you!

I do offer the free shipping, but find that the free shipping isn't the deal maker. It's the versatility of the baker and what I tell people it can do.

Just to point out- Michael sold 71 of his DCB Sets in MARCH alone! It wasn't how many he's done this year so far...that was just one month! (He had told us in regional training that he had I think 21-22 shows for March as of the last week in February).So if he had about 21 shows, he must average 3-4 sets per show. If offering only Free Shipping is working- then go for it!! But if you are only getting maybe 1 set..perhaps TRY adding the 10% discount or the free Product at just 1-2 shows. See how that goes... That's the beauty- we can make it work for us. You don't have to do it exactly like the next guy.

Melissa78 said:
So as a newbie, (this may sound like a bad question), does he still make good money if he is offering so much of a discount? the 10% disc we'll say is $10.00 and then another $4.25.

Michael is making bank I'm sure but he's doing 20+ shows a month and I'm sure has overrides a plenty so this small "hit" to his commission is probably worth the increased sales.

For newbies like myself - or you - then scaling back the offer might be appropriate.

I agree....I am highlighting the set, and adding that they will get 2 Free Rubs in June. Only when there is hesitation will I add an incentive. I offer a booklet of recipes, thanks to CS....haven't had a cooking show since the idea popped up, so we'll see how it goes on Saturday.

I cannot imagine having enough hosts to have 22 parties in one month and he must be able to sell an igloo to an eskimo if he can push 3-4 per party (or he has some very wealthy customers). I don't know what I'm more jealous over, the bookings or the sales.

Laurie be sure to let us know how your party goes with the DCB bundle. I think I want to do a bundle set for even my grand opening party so I'll be sure to continue reading everyones thoughts.

I'm with Melissa, how on earth did he scrape up 22 hosts in 1 month, not to mention the time to do all of the shows! With my 2 kiddos, I barely have time to squeak in the few shows I have.

I will be celebrating my 1 year anniversary with PC soon. I'm going to have an Anniversary Show and offer this as my "Special". I really like the idea of the free meat thermometer. I believe this is what I'll be offering as well. Thank you all so much for the ideas. To quote my son, this site rocks!
~Kel

Okay I love the bundle idea but...maybe this is a dumb question...why is the salad choppers included in this bundle? The salad choppers are wonderful but isn't there something else that would be more appropriate to go with the dcb? Maybe a knife...even the food chopper seems more appropriate to me. What am I missing?

Michael Reeves includes them because he uses them a lot for the recipes he makes in the DCB - cutting up chicken or pork for BBQ sandwiches, etc.

Shawnna said:
Okay I love the bundle idea but...maybe this is a dumb question...why is the salad choppers included in this bundle? The salad choppers are wonderful but isn't there something else that would be more appropriate to go with the dcb? Maybe a knife...even the food chopper seems more appropriate to me. What am I missing?

Also, read Robin House's article in the June CN - she talks about how she cross-sells the two together.

Is that CN for June 09? Does anyone have that available yet?

Sent ya an email Kristina!;)

thanks laurie! btw - does everyone know that you are quoted in the june cn?!?! ;) i'm so happy for you!!!

how have you seen the june cn

MLinAZ said:
Michael Reeves includes them because he uses them a lot for the recipes he makes in the DCB - cutting up chicken or pork for BBQ sandwiches, etc.
He's in down here in the "south" (NC), so BBQ sandwiches and such are popular I guess. :D I'm a "Relocated Yankee", so it's no big deal to me, and I've been in NC for 10 yrs now. But you could easily do the "create your own set" if someone didn't want the Salad Choppers...they could sub. something else I'd think. The main idea is to give them a pre-assembled/don't-have-to-think-about-it set ready to purchase. At least, that's been my take on it. Ya'll decide for yourselves.. ;)

esavvymom said:
He's in down here in the "south" (NC), so BBQ sandwiches and such are popular I guess. :D I'm a "Relocated Yankee", so it's no big deal to me, and I've been in NC for 10 yrs now. Ya'll decide for yourselves.. ;)

Well from one Yankee to another 'relocated yankee' - I hear ya! So far, for the most part, any of the recipes I have heard people talk about the Salad Choppers being used for, I have thought - 'eh, ok. I could live without *or* several times I have thought 'you must need to be from the south to appreciate." So I'm on the same page with you! If they made something to make Philly Cheesesteaks or Pierogies for us in PA, I'd sell the pants off of that tool! I don't hear many saying they are dying to whip up some pulled sandwiches or make their own salsa.

I'll give 'er a whirl and see what people think. Hopefully they will suprise me and just fall in love with the gadget just because it's cool and different. :chef:

I can not find the $99 DCB flyer. I have searched $99, DCB bundle, DCB set etc etc

Here's one I created. I changed up what was in the set though since I hadn't used the Salad Choppers and didn't feel confident trying to sell a bundle with them when I wasn't familiar with the product. I included items that I had used with recipes I made in the DCB and were versatile.

ETA: Also, under files, just search "DCB" and you'll see a bunch of others come up.

Attachments

• DCB set offer.doc
    26 KB · Views: 617
I have used this special at my last 3 shows. I have sold one at each show, dissappointed I didn't sell more since everyone seems to be having success, but it's more DCB than I've sold since January.
I get very excited when I talk about it and I try to have a demo that incorporates it in some way. I share all kinds of recipes/uses. I also share that if your microwave is too small all of the recipes can be done in the oven. I've gotten 2 future bookings (so they can get the baker). I'm not sure if the low sales is do to lack of interest or lack of $$.
What "words" are you all using to go along with your fliers and demos to create interest/sales??

Don't forget to set the DCB Set up for June! Reduce the price of the bundle to $94 and (with the June Guest Special) get 1 Season's Best, 2 rubs, the Salad Choppers & the DCB for $94 + tax! June Only Special!

If they just want the DCB, they can still get the SB & 2 rubs FREE!

I changed it a little bit too. I'm doing the SW seasoning (5.75) instead of the rub and season's best (only off by a quarter) When I write it up I'll charge them 98.75. I'm telling them they get the guest special in addition.

I have a flier, but it is only in publisher. I'll post it now and then come back an put it in a pdf for you all...

Attachments

• June_specials_2_share.pub
    157.5 KB · Views: 250
  • June_specials_2_share.pdf
    110.7 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
I did a booth yesterday at the GIrls Night Out Shopping Extravaganza and show cased the DCB bundle. My goal was to sell 10...I sold 2, got 2 possible recruits and 3 shows!!! I think my total for sales was almost $300! During the first two hours I was thinking it was a big mistake that I was there. Everyone else had product to send home with people and I didn't. So, I set it up as a show where the stuff comes to my house, gave them free shipping and will be hand delivering their products to them!

Stephanie

1. What is a DCB bundle?

A DCB bundle, or Deluxe Cooking Blender bundle, is a set of products that includes the Pampered Chef Deluxe Cooking Blender and other complementary items. The bundle is designed to offer customers a complete cooking solution and can include additional accessories, cookbooks, or ingredients.

2. What typically comes in a DCB bundle?

The contents of a DCB bundle can vary, but it usually includes the Deluxe Cooking Blender and additional Pampered Chef products such as a cookbook, silicone spatula, or measuring cups. Some bundles may also include pre-measured ingredients for specific recipes.

3. How does the DCB bundle help with sales?

The DCB bundle has been shown to greatly increase sales by offering customers a convenient and comprehensive cooking solution. Bundling products also allows for a more competitive price, making it a more attractive offer for customers. Additionally, the bundle introduces customers to different Pampered Chef products, potentially leading to future sales.

4. Is there a specific marketing strategy for promoting the DCB bundle?

While there is no one-size-fits-all marketing strategy for promoting the DCB bundle, our consultants often highlight the convenience and cost savings of purchasing the bundle as opposed to buying each item separately. They may also promote the versatility of the Deluxe Cooking Blender and the variety of recipes that can be made with the bundle.

5. How can I find more information on specific DCB bundles and their contents?

You can find more information on specific DCB bundles by visiting the Pampered Chef website or contacting your local consultant. You can also browse through our catalog or attend a Pampered Chef party to see the bundles in person and ask any questions you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ferenczk
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
leshelman
  • ChefetteDuJour